Sign in to follow this  
Powered by Chicken

Castlewiki IN PROGRESS!!

Did you read the message I left on your talk page?

One of two things happened to the information you contributed:

1) It was reworded/restructured to be presented in a more appropriate manner. The Bombs page is a good example. Your original edit was simply this:

The bomb has two main uses one is to blow up destructible walls to get secret items such as animal orbs or weapons, but is also effective in attacking enemies.

I completely overhauled that page. Your information was worked in in a more appropriate layout with better grammar and clarity. Now, it looks like this. Huge difference, wouldn't you say?

2) It was removed as it wasn't well suited for the wiki. The wiki's purpose is to present factual information in a specific way. Strategy isn't really the goal of the wiki, at least not without creating specific pages (or, at least specific sections) for strategy. This is the official wiki for Castle Crashers and, as such, needs to follow some pretty specific guidelines. The Manual of Style gives a good summary of how information should be presented.

Every page has a discussion page. If you feel that information has been taken down that really belongs on a page, then, by all means, make a note on the talk page to see what others have to say.

As for the Animal Orbs image- that's Kelly's department. Adding Pelter to it is on the extremely long "Art that the wiki needs" list.

Did you read the message I left on your talk page?

One of two things happened to the information you contributed:

1) It was reworded/restructured to be presented in a more appropriate manner. The Bombs page is a good example. Your original edit was simply this:

The bomb has two main uses one is to blow up destructible walls to get secret items such as animal orbs or weapons, but is also effective in attacking enemies.

I completely overhauled that page. Your information was worked in in a more appropriate layout with better grammar and clarity. Now, it looks like this. Huge difference, wouldn't you say?

2) It was removed as it wasn't well suited for the wiki. The wiki's purpose is to present factual information in a specific way. Strategy isn't really the goal of the wiki, at least not without creating specific pages (or, at least specific sections) for strategy. This is the official wiki for Castle Crashers and, as such, needs to follow some pretty specific guidelines. The Manual of Style gives a good summary of how information should be presented.

Every page has a discussion page. If you feel that information has been taken down that really belongs on a page, then, by all means, make a note on the talk page to see what others have to say.

As for the Animal Orbs image- that's Kelly's department. Adding Pelter to it is on the extremely long "Art that the wiki needs" list.

well there should be some more catagories for advanced information etc...

ie: pelter: shoots ice

yeah thats great but how do you get him to shoot and whats the damage stat based on?

he doesnt shoot in arena etc...

thats valuable information as someone will just read the basic stuff and not know the difference.. thats why i added it.. i dont care if its reworded but i went through alot of the orbs and stuff before youse guys changed it.

For instance troll orb is good to prevent damage poisoning

I see what your getting at.. you just want a basic wiki page like the rest of them

ill check it out more but still theres alot more info to add to each thing

Update:

We appreciate your help in getting information filled in where needed, but you need to take some time to get a better understanding on how to properly convey information on a wiki. Aside from the fact that your punctuation is terrible, your tone is conversational- this isn't a post on a messsage board or a chat with friends. --Sully 01:57, 17 June 2009 (UTC)

First off the info i added was to be corrected not deleted ....

Secondly when I added the info the wiki had NO PICTURES and very minimal text etc... I went along and added what I knew about each thing...

YOU DELETED 99.9% everything

Whats the point of adding stuff if your going to be a wiki nazi ?

Don't make it open to everyone if your going to criticize and delete everything

and the truth to the rubber handle sword is another thing...

it did come from the mods because it all happened at the same time and I was told from a mod thats where it came from... FACT

How many people have gotten the king scepter from the king dying and have proof of it?? NONE!

well there should be some more catagories for advanced information etc...

ie: pelter: shoots ice

yeah thats great but how do you get him to shoot and whats the damage stat based on?

he doesnt shoot in arena etc...

thats valuable information as someone will just read the basic stuff and not know the difference.. thats why i added it.. i dont care if its reworded but i went through alot of the orbs and stuff before youse guys changed it.

For instance troll orb is good to prevent damage poisoning

I see what your getting at.. you just want a basic wiki page like the rest of them

ill check it out more but still theres alot more info to add to each thing

Any additional information is welcome as long as it is verified as fact. Feel free to add an == Additional Information == section to any page to add relevant info that is missing.

First off the info i added was to be corrected not deleted ....

Secondly when I added the info the wiki had NO PICTURES and very minimal text etc... I went along and added what I knew about each thing...

YOU DELETED 99.9% everything

Whats the point of adding stuff if your going to be a wiki nazi ?

Don't make it open to everyone if your going to criticize and delete everything

Someone has to be the "wiki nazi." Without one, the wiki looks like crap and is full of badly structured pages full of rumors and disinformation. You are free to add as much information as you want, but understand that each page has to follow a specific format for consistency. Did you bother reading the manual of style that I linked?

Regarding any of the information that you added that you feel I wrongly removed- it's possible that some was accidentally removed during page overhaul. Show me some specific examples so I can explain how your edits came to be undone.

and the truth to the rubber handle sword is another thing...

it did come from the mods because it all happened at the same time and I was told from a mod thats where it came from... FACT

How many people have gotten the king scepter from the king dying and have proof of it?? NONE!

Mods? I've been working directly with Kelly on wiki setup. My information is straight from Kelly and therefore straight from The Behemoth. I asked her about the origin of the RHS and she had this to say:

I've contacted the fine folks who progamed the game and hopefully we will get to the bottom of the rubber-handled mystery. Kings Scepter was available as a very rare drop if you allowed the npc king to be killed on the Flowery Field level.

If you've got different information from a better source than Kelly, then PLEASE provide it.

nah im done with this crap...

why dont you just call it SULLYS WIKI of basic material

its almost exactly the same as your other wiki

I urge everyone to not even bother adding anything cause youll just delete it in sheer ignorance

I think I agree with feedle here. I havent read your whole argument, but we need as much information as possible, including the basic stuff :) . So Sully, keep on editing articles, just add on to what other people wrote, rather than writing the whole page yourself ;)

Alright, there's been a TON of progress over the past week or so.

-The main page has a new layout (which needs feedback):

http://castlewiki.castlecrashers.com/in ... =Main_Page

-Individual Weapon, Character, Animal Orb, Boss, and Item pages all have a box at the bottom that links to each other item of the same type like this:

http://castlewiki.castlecrashers.com/in ... Scratchpaw

-Each level has been set up with enemies, items, and a snazzy pic of the level like this:

http://castlewiki.castlecrashers.com/in ... Snow_World

-A NPCs section has been created (with images for each)

-Most bosses have new pics like this:

http://castlewiki.castlecrashers.com/in ... =Bear_Boss

-A page has been set up with images of all the Painter's paintings (got better names?):

http://castlewiki.castlecrashers.com/in ... =Paintings

-An awesome pic has been added to the staff page (someone care to properly identify the people in the pic?):

http://castlewiki.castlecrashers.com/in ... Game_Staff

I'm sure there's more, but you'll have to dig around and find it for yourself!

Oh, and my site's been changed, too:

http://castlecrashers.steam-punk.net

Guest Bardiel

pfft... I'm with Sully on this one.

I prefer QUALITY and style of information (not to mention good grammar and spelling), rather than quantity of opinions and haphazard sentences.

If you want quantity, you may as well go write up your own FAQ/Walkthrough and post it up on GameFAQs or something - then troll the boards over there.

A few more updates:

I've completely updated the Wizard page to include images and detailed explanation of each form:

http://castlewiki.castlecrashers.com/in ... tle=Wizard

I've also overhauled the All You Can Quaff page and plan on using a similar format for the Arena page. Both of these pages will need to be put into a Category- but what category?

I've added a "Sub-levels" section to the Wizard Castle Interior page that links to new pages for the Painter's Room, the Undead Cyclops' Room, and the Necromancer's Room.

I've also started adding a better format to each of the individual store and arena pages.

Check it out and leave some feedback!

I prefer QUALITY and style of information (not to mention good grammar and spelling), rather than quantity of opinions and haphazard sentences.

If you want quantity, you may as well go write up your own FAQ/Walkthrough and post it up on GameFAQs or something - then troll the boards over there.

troll the boards ?

First off I was one of the few people who started adding to the wiki before

it turned into Sullys wiki of unoriginal material.

the wiki could have been 10x better with more info rather then the basic stuff taken from general knowledge of nothing.

Anyone can post the basic junk of rammy knocks people over...

Yeah thats great but what else is he good for?

Stopping lightning attacks in arena

Keeping enemies away if you arrow juggle

Knocking over people who block in arena

Troll stops poisoning and burning damage to minimal

Ahh thats not important though... Just because I don't use University level english crap and punctuation

Theres alot more to it on how to juggle guys up and down...

x swing back and then y means body goes up

x swing forward and then y means body goes down

with the exception of the green knight

Again this won't be added cause that would be a no brainer

I'm not trolling this topic im pissed at what happened to what i contributed!

before there were no pics only words.. i added what i knew the most of

some stuff i had no idea what the exact stats were etc..

AT LEAST an appology could have been given.. but nothing...

I get called a grade 2 spelling failure .. wow

Never knew we had spelling b contests here...

I'm not the only one whos complained...

Guest Bardiel

troll the boards ?

First off I was one of the few people who started adding to the wiki before

it turned into Sullys wiki of unoriginal material.

the wiki could have been 10x better with more info rather then the basic stuff taken from general knowledge of nothing.

Anyone can post the basic junk of rammy knocks people over...

Yeah thats great but what else is he good for?

Stopping lightning attacks in arena

Keeping enemies away if you arrow juggle

Knocking over people who block in arena

Troll stops poisoning and burning damage to minimal

Ahh thats not important though... Just because I don't use University level english crap and punctuation

Theres alot more to it on how to juggle guys up and down...

x swing back and then y means body goes up

x swing forward and then y means body goes down

with the exception of the green knight

Again this won't be added cause that would be a no brainer

I'm not trolling this topic im pissed at what happened to what i contributed!

before there were no pics only words.. i added what i knew the most of

some stuff i had no idea what the exact stats were etc..

AT LEAST an appology could have been given.. but nothing...

I get called a grade 2 spelling failure .. wow

Never knew we had spelling b contests here...

I'm not the only one whos complained...

Dude, chill. You're missing the point here. I'm not against MORE information, and I don't think Sully is either. The point being made is that you could take MORE CARE about how the information is both edited and presented.

It was also mentioned that they were supposed to be factual to start things off with. A "Tips and Tricks" section would be viable for the suggestions you've made according to gameplay, but again, work on how it's presented. It's not even about "University level English", but thinking it through helps to add a sense of believability and credibility to the whole thing - seriously, high school level would suffice.

10x information WOULD be better, I agree. But having it presented properly would be even better than that.

im finally glad some of my submissions are accepted

again ill add what i know

please correct my grammer etc

im trying to help make this wiki one of the best with what i know

someone please help with the combos

too bad we couldnt get bigsean or imperfect luck to contribute with some arena stuff and air juggles

let me see what i can get

I'll overhaul that page later today. I'll also try to get some screenshots of the king popping up to explain combos at level 1, 4, 8, etc.

too bad we couldnt get bigsean or imperfect luck to contribute with some arena stuff and air juggles

thanks for helping with this!

one thing that might help a lot is making a clear Tips and Tricks section, and somehow getting across that these are player suggestions, not the "official word" from The Behemoth. we don't want to tell people how to use their animal orbs/weapons, etc. But if you folks, as the playing community have figured out some great tips, by all means, that should be in there. Its all in how you phrase stuff. :)

fyi when making additions, check the discussion pages for any given topic. if i edit/delete i usually leave a reason why there. For example, we don't want anybody adding instructions on how to do the 256 glitch or how to mod the game in there. acknowledging that it happens is one thing, explaining how is another! :)

:arrow:

kelly

thanks for helping with this!

one thing that might help a lot is making a clear Tips and Tricks section, and somehow getting across that these are player suggestions, not the "official word" from The Behemoth. we don't want to tell people how to use their animal orbs/weapons, etc. But if you folks, as the playing community have figured out some great tips, by all means, that should be in there. Its all in how you phrase stuff. :)

fyi when making additions, check the discussion pages for any given topic. if i edit/delete i usually leave a reason why there. For example, we don't want anybody adding instructions on how to do the 256 glitch or how to mod the game in there. acknowledging that it happens is one thing, explaining how is another! :)

:arrow:

kelly

i never added anything about that but i did post info on the necromancer and wizard minion based on asumption.

The in characters which are unlocked usually carry the weapons they drop etc.. and their magic is the same

So i said the wizard minion will have the same magic as the skeleton because basically they are the same in the game.. same with the glow stick being the default weapon

If the enemy drops it and is the most comon weapon i assume it will be the default

and there are youtube vids of the testers using the necro without wings...

again thats just what ive seen

Weather or not the games dlc will be different I do not know

The orbs etc and weapons have been tested to as much as i know and everyone else... when i say the snakey mace and beholder do the most damage for level 50.. ive tested everything based on magic and strength.

Some things need correcting like grammer etc.. Im not perfect

test everything to verify..

If i can get other people from games other then story mode we might have more help.

I liked the wiki at http://www.castlecrashers.wikia.com/, but I guess the official one will be cooler based on what I saw because of the official names, cool graphics, and other things. I do think that the official one should borrow some of the ideas from the other one for now. The menu bar was nice, and good for shortcutting to different pages. Also, it will be great knowing from official sources! Plus, the videos of the levels and characters being drawn should be implemented into their appropriate pages. GOOD LUCK!

Also, the amounts of health of enemies and bosses and how much damage their different attacks do would be a nice addition. And for bosses, what they do when their health goes below 50%, 25% etc.

And the formulas for damage for different melee attacks, magic attacks, combos, and even maybe for the shovel and bomb damage with all of the factors (character's level, points in the associated skill, and whether or not the player is beefy) would be nice. I'm sure they are somewhere. (I like numbers and formulas.)

hey! Sorry I haven't been very active recently. There's so much other stuff to do during the summer :)

I noticed that you've been having some problems with spam being posted on Castlepedia. To easily prevent this, you can install the Spam Blacklist extension and the CheckUser extension. The spam Blacklist will block the posting of spam URL's on the wiki, while the Checkuser extension will allow for an account granted the Checkuser permission to find the IP of a account that is spamming. This IP range can then be blocked, preventing other the creation of new accounts by that spammer. That should cut down on spam significantly ;)