Sign in to follow this  
Xirath

Worst game I've ever paid money for.

I have to admit the game started strong, addictive, fun, the art is humorous but that pales to the fact that in a blink of an eye all is lost.

All my weapons, pets, everything gone. I was playing on insane mode with my friend over xbox live, the game crashed on his end. All I saw was "the game has ended" and my character, weapons pets, gold everything is gone.

Don't waste your time playing the game everything you unlock can disappear and you have no control over.

If you haven't bought the game, I seriously recommend not buying it.

-Xirath

The Online is still buggy and disconnects alot, I barely ever play online so I don't have to worry about this. The game saves fine offline.

ill admit the online is buggy as hell, but this game is a blast with 4- player coop locally..

Plus, it was only 15 dollars, for the addictiveness, gameplay, and sheer funfactor it was worth it.

Plus it has high replay value....

so you lost all your stuff, now you have a reason to play again XD

Guest kaikai

it's not like someone gives you a shiny gold crown for getting everything, value the game for the journey, not the stupid bug that Behemoth will fix real soon.

i personally encourage anyone who enjoys humor, old arcade games, alien homnid, and co op beat em ups, to buy this game.

you just don't have to play online. They are working on a patch as we speak, so just give them a break.

But I'm pretty sure that the majority of people on here have the game, so telling them not to buy it is like telling Bush to be president.

No, I didn't read the devblog, it's unreasonable to expect your consumer to read the developers personal blogs to find out that all your stuff will "poof" with online play.

I do not find this a reason to play more, I find this a reason to stop playing, and prevent others from wasting their money.

I bought the game to play with my friends that several states away. That was my purpose of buying it. It was advertised as multiplayer over xbox live. Not multiplayer over xbox live until everything is deleted.

-Xirath

And you don't think they're working on it!? What! You assume this would be another Tenchu Z where the developers completely dropped the game after it was released!?

You sir, need to get some patience.

They KNOW about the problems. They're FIXING the problems. And there's no WAY they could have KNOWN about the PROBLEMS beforehand! The Behemoth is not EA!

No, I didn't read the devblog, it's unreasonable to expect your consumer to read the developers personal blogs to find out that all your stuff will "poof" with online play.

I do not find this a reason to play more, I find this a reason to stop playing, and prevent others from wasting their money.

I bought the game to play with my friends that several states away. That was my purpose of buying it. It was advertised as multiplayer over xbox live. Not multiplayer over xbox live until everything is deleted.

-Xirath

It isn't their fault that the online was screwy. They did test it, but somethings just go wrong when you download it, and they can't help that. They can just try to fix it.

When its fixed, please start playing again. Why not? You payed $15 for it, so go ahead and play it again when everything is fixed.

I'm done trying to reason with you. Bye.

Guest kaikai

-Xirath

unreasonable? no, it's just a case of checking the proper channels.

its a dev blog devoted specifically to castle crashers, had previews of stuff in the game, and such like.

it's not a personal "oh yay im so depressed today" blog, it's a professional tool to help their fans/customers.

if you consider that unreasonable, then you are living in the past, particularly because they mention the blog on their main site as a place for information regarding the game.

infact most of the people on the forum, i'd wager, found out about the forum through the dev blog.

Guest Klesk

rofl. wow i never realized how cheap people are. 15 dollars is nothing. It's your fault if your going to let it go to waste by not playing it again. :idea:

i'm sorry to hear that. we shall fix it for you, and then you should be able to play with your friends.

i'm sorry to hear that. we shall fix it for you, and then you should be able to play with your friends.

I don't know why that's so funny to me, but as soon as I finished reading that post, I laughed hysterically....O_o

Also, DAN, please check the MACHINIMA POST OR CONTACT ME, I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO FOLLOW THROUGH WITH A CASTLE CRASHERS MACHINIMA!!

I'm still going to play the game once the update comes in- but come on it erases every item I collected for hours on end? Tsk.

Doing all of that all over it again? Phft.

I'm still going to play the game once the update comes in- but come on it erases every item I collected for hours on end? Tsk.

Doing all of that all over it again? Phft.

annoying!!

i have lost everything at least 15 times but who is counting

Sorry if I sound mean but

Stop being such a whiny little brat :evil:

There are ways to get your data back(so I've heard... google it)

And don't go telling people they should'nt buy an awesome game over something that is going to be patched

Your face is the worst game that I've ever paid money for!!!! Yeah, that just happened. How ya like it??? Huh? Huh?? Huh???

Now now, no need to be that way! We can get along if we just pretend he's being as nice as his mind will allow him. Plus, your statement insinuates prostitution to my mind. :lol:

But as for the post itself, I found a slight bit of Irony. I'd bet some money that everyone here has rather bought the game, or wants it but doesn't have an X-Box 360. That means his finishing statement was, to the majority of us, "Don't buy this game you already have until online works better". :lol:

Your face is the worst game that I've ever paid money for!!!! Yeah, that just happened. How ya like it??? Huh? Huh?? Huh???

Now now, no need to be that way! We can get along if we just pretend he's being as nice as his mind will allow him. Plus, your statement insinuates prostitution to my mind. :lol:

But as for the post itself, I found a slight bit of Irony. I'd bet some money that everyone here has rather bought the game, or wants it but doesn't have an X-Box 360. That means his finishing statement was, to the majority of us, "Don't buy this game you already have until online works better". :lol:

Yeeeaaah, it was a ridiculous post, along with most of the counters to it. Indeed, at first I thought, "Meh, just let it all be." But I quickly decided against that logic and instead posted something ridiculous in return. It's a habit. All in the spirit of times good and swell, though, of course. How anyone could even take a statement such as mine personally I don't really know (although thanks for cheating him out of the chance to do that, darn it!!! heh heh...).

Well, I prefer silly or inane fights to not happen before they begin :P

In due time, someone would have said something far more foul then what I have said, and then we get to the point of where the thread has to be locked. Don't want a bug report to go to waste, regardless of how strongly worded it may be.

While I've suffered data loss and trudged through it (because I enjoy the game immensely), a friend of mine suffered _complete_ data loss when he tried to move his HDD to another Xbox360 and he has now given up on the game.

This is disappointing as I enjoyed playing with him, and now I can't. However, I sympathize with him. As of now the Bear and the Saracen are the only characters I haven't yet unlocked. If it all got deleted, I probably wouldn't want to play again for a long time.

The truth of it: Yes, it sucks. Bugs in games always suck. Sometimes the game is good enough so that you bear with its problems just so you're sure to have a good time. For me, this game is one of those games that I'll make sure to be extra careful and avoid the known bugs just so I can continue to have a good time. Yeah, I really hate that it has issues... I always exit the game before switching any profiles, and I always play using the same controller #. I've become a little paranoid that I might become a data loss victim again. But I still love the game.

Behemoth doesn't hate the people that bought their game(s) and are quite literally paying their bills. Hopefully they can get out of this gaining more fans than alienating with bugs, as they deserve the funds to move on to make bigger and better games. I would play them.