Sign in to follow this  
Powered by Chicken

Data Loss Issues: YOU ARE JUSTICE!

Hey there Behemothland!

In order to keep things all neat and tidy, and to make it easier for us to fix problems occasionally resulting in data loss for some players, here is a shiny new thread for that purpose.

To be clear, just saying "it happened to me" or "The Behemoth should be strung up by their little piggy toes and forced to watch reruns of ALF for the next 100 years because i lost my cool sword" isn't gonna help us get this fixed. We understand the heartbreak of losing all your hard won goodies. Its breaking OUR hearts that this is happening! You can totally complain in other threads, that's part of why this space is here for you. Just not THIS particular thread. :D

Help us help you. The purpose for reporting them here is so we can pinpoint any possible situation in which this is occurring. particularly if your situation is different than others already posted.

Details! what were you doing just before it happened? what exactly went missing and when? Did it come back? how? etc and so forth.

Thanks for your help!

and now a quote from Dan:

"I AM JUSTICE

how are YOU justice?? let us hear your specific story!

together we will form the title update and blast off into the sky."

we :arrow: you. lets fix this thing.

-kelly

I do recall i was playing ranked Arena matches and usually searching quick matches and/or hosting my own. Kind of an inconvinience for me to lose all my weapons/orbs. But i suppose with patience it can be fixed.

Update: I just attempted to do the "Tricks" That can restore the lost data and it failed. So i might be better off waiting or go back to trying to obtain all my weapons and orbs once again.

I was playing online co-op, then unplugged my xbox, moved it to a friend's house and didnt bother plugging it in to LIVE. I turn it on and WTF? My items/animals/gold/weapons are gone.

I accepted a game invite while on the map, I believe while on Full Moon, to play with them. When I get there, all the weapons and animal orbs would not respond to me, so I figured out it deleted my weapons and animal orbs.

I wasn't angry after some thinking though, I got to find everything again which added to the re-playability :lol:

Guest fnjord

Just lost my animal orbs and weapons, still have characters & levels. I'll try to reconstruct.

- played earlier in the week, on insane.

- played earlier in the day, on normal.

- never played on another console.

tried to connect to arena and aycq matches, both failed to connect.

connected to a castle crashers match, crashed out after the character select screen.

started a local match, got an invite to join another game, joined that one, it was full so I was kicked.

started the local game again, no stuff other than what the character is carrying.

Hope that helps, and that later posters will be able to sort that down past my random wandering.

Same here, I was on insane mode, Beat a level, Left, Went back in, Left again to double save cause i hate roll backs. Then I leave completely into menus for about an hour and join an xbox live game as the skelly lvl 1 so we start a begin with the cutscene and i dont have a bow or potions, Which leads me to checking my animal orbs and weapons, all gone which really sucks cause i have all animal orbs and 75% all weapons.

Any help or what? I dont know if i cant get my stuff back if ill still play..

It is a big inconvinience for me. Since i was ATTEMPTING To get all the known weapons. But only to lose them all. My animal orbs as well. And apparently your weapons still "Exist" In place. Cause i saw if you do co op. You press X on your friends weapons that you both have. But you can't equip them and it doesn't give the cancel symbol.

I played online co-op and me, or the other two players I was playing with were not on Insane Mode. I left online co-op to play the game locally myself and found that all/the majority of my items, weapons, and animals were gone. Though my character data is still in tact.

P.S. Will I get my stuff back once the update comes in? Or do I have sit through all of that again? :roll:

my friend, he lost a lot of his data as well. its 2 bad i cant tell u how, but he just invited me to chat and hes all like: "dude all my stuff is gone!! my weapons lvl and everything! all that i have now is the ram and owl and the 2 weapons u started off with!" needless to say, i was shocked :o

i lost everything. i played the night before in insane mode and the next day everything was gone. that same day i reranked a character up to 18 and the next time i logged on it was rest again.....everything weapons animal orbs everything possible. and it keeps resetting.

ok it happened to me twice once i just beat the game and then i didnt get my character unlocked then i beat it again and it froze on me i was so pissed of i went to local and played it and then finally i beat him then got it but when i played on him i had everything gone but stats and i was like ok ill get it back

then i while later after i had everything back i went and join my friends game without an inv and then we started it up and then i laged out i was getting bored of not finding a party so i played a local game and i found out everything was gone no stats everything i exited right away tried to do the create a party and toggle ready but nothing worked i lost everything.

of subject i recently just won my 20th ranked all you can quaff game but the guy quit and i didnt and still can get the achievement i am more worried about the achievement then my characters.

I downloaded the game on my profile, but while logged in at my friends house on his xbox. I don't know if it saved any of the data from our gaming that night.

I have then downloaded it to my profile back on my own xbox. Since then it has never kept any of my game data at all. Obviously I can only play it while connected to xbox live, which is fine, but whenever I leave the game & re-enter it has saved none of my game info - characters, weapons, levels, etc.

I have tried logging out of my profile & back in on the game menu screen. I have also tried deleting the game & re-downloading it. I obviously can't try it offline to see if that helps - it treats it as if I've only downloaded the demo.

Hope this helps!

I had the three red rings appear on a thursday night. Friday, after work, I purchased a new shiney xbox elite (which I love). TRansferrence of hard drives and data to new drive (also had my saves all backed up on memory cards) >BOOM<... all Castle Crashers data gone.

So I started a new game, which over writes the old(of which there is no warning you will do so), and that too wont save. The data is still there though I learned. That by performing a ritual of going to xbox live and making a custom match and backing out and THEN going to local game...>Voila< my data reappears... I have to do this every time I want to play.

This needs to be patched. It makes it very inconvenient to play. But I am sure it is being worked on.

PS: I have called Xbox Technical Support and they are aware of the issue as well. I was told by them that they have recieved numerous inquiries about this and it may be way more prevalent than people are letting on.

I still love Castle Crashers.. Best River City Ransom remake since.... River City Ransom

hi guys, i'm new here :D

i have readed the issue about lost save data. i feel sorry for them.. :(

here's what i notice. try go to..

xboxdashboard > system > memory > hard drive > games > castle crushers

now u will see there's is no save data under ur name/profile. so our save file is in castle crushers it didnt create a separate savefile.

hope this help. ;) (not really help i guess)

Thank you thank you thank you to everyone who has posted their tales of woe here. All these details and different situations really help us to narrow down exactly what is going on. keep em coming!

Also, in the meantime- If someone wants to post a clear explanation of the ways people have found to recover the missing data i will sticky it so people can find it easily.

:arrow:

kelly

Data loss, My story:

I had just beaten Castle Crashers, I was so happy I beaten the last boss with my friend on an non-Xbox live profile. Delta366, (my other friend) Had just renewed his Xbox360 live and downloaded Castle Crashers via my suggestion. To play with him through multiplayer, Trevor made a Xbox Live account, when we never got into a game with each other because it kept saying "Players have left the party" even though nobody left or "Game Cancelled" me and trevor returned to playing local, to only find out all of my gold was gone (-2460) and all of my pets were gone, (-8) and all of my weapons were gone. (-10) The only thing that remained was the last weapon I was carrying, (End of game Flame sword) and my pet chicken. Other than that, everything was gone. Everything. I was really disappointed because this isn't the first time this has happened. But at least I had my level. The other time, nothing would save for me, but it would for my friend trevor. (Me and my friend Trevor were playing on the same Xbox360, he does not own an Xbox360 so we just play local on mine.) I noticed, it was only on my Xbox 360 Arcade that would not save. The Regular 20GB HDD Xbox360 would save my data however. (Same Hard Drive was used)

Not sure how this would benefit me or get my stuff back but I don't want this to happen again to anybody else or myself. Cause I worked hard for my 50.

:shock: well, yesterday, i logged on to play it, and found that 3 of my unlocked characters (eskimo, peasant, and ninja) were suddenly gone, as well as 18 of my level on dragon knight, and most of my weapons. i tried all the "fixes" for it, short of reinstalling the game.. which wouldnt help much :D

Very quickly after receiving the Animal Handler achievement, I switch characters to play with 2 others.

Played a brief 3 player game, my profile was the only online profile. I am on controller 1 (wired).

Player 2 and 3 want to quit, I exit to the Title Screen.

I sign out of all profiles, and re-sign into my profile on controller 3 (wireless).

I enter the game, selecting a new character (Level 1 Green Knight).

Evidence of data loss becomes self evident, as gold counts are gone, missing boomerang / shovel, and all weapons are missing (the usual).

Have since been able to re-claim all orbs and most weapons. The only weapons I'm having a hard time replacing are ones that don't seem to drop off enemies, but are automatically unlocked after receiving a new character (EG, the Peasant Spoon). Otherwise, my gameplay has continued as normal and all of my characters / levels are as normal.

Update.

A friend of mine (GT:Tricked16) Who just recently started out but lost all his items. He gave me a lead that the source of the problem might happen when you reach the world map then leave right after.

Example on old games "Saving":

Saving, do not turn off console or unplug memory unit.

What if exiting the game affects this?

I was playing with my brother today and the character he was using got reset as if I used the reset option from the statistics screen. He still has all of his orbs, weapons, and gold, but got set back to level 1, his current level progress was wiped, and he now had default equipment (the rod with no orb equipped).

Setup:

I have a gold Xbox Live account and he just has a profile on my Xbox (no gold/silver Xbox Live account). I was the green knight and he was the red knight, neither of which had beaten the game (though we both have on several occasions with our other characters).

We had just beaten the volleyball game (10 to 5 if it matters), and he did end up hitting the guy who presents the map back a few times before we'd noticed the win. After that we went back to the map like usual and I quickly tried to get to the next stage. Instead of hitting up from the desert to head to the marsh I hit A. In the stage I tried to exit to map, but the option wasn't there so I just exited the game. When we tried to start it back up we noticed his red knight was level 1 at the character select screen (mine was fine) so we backed out to avoid the initial save when you get to the map. Trying to sign out of his account and back in didn't fix this issue (it was reported to have fixed other similar issues).

In conclusion, I think I may have entered the desert level while it was still saving. We weren't in that level long enough to notice if he had reset already, but I have seen that menu without an exit to map option before and had no ill effects. This may mean that you could force a save if the menu finds itself without that option, but it may just be better to have a little wait time while the game is saving (assuming my understanding of what happened is anywhere close).

[Edit]

I upgraded from a pro to an elite the other day. i transfered all my data from the 20 gig to the 120 gig. when i went to play castle crashers my level 66 orange knight was gone along with every character/weapon/animal i unlocked.

i chalked it up to corrupt files and with a friend i went through and beat it again geting up to a level 33 in one sitting. turned my game back on later and everything i did was gone again!

it says it saves but never does. everytime i turn the game on it has nothing that i unlocked or earned.

But in the ranking of all of my friends it still says Im number 2 with a level 66 orange knight.

I deleted the game and redownloaded it but it does teh same thing. is there anything i can do so it will start saving again or can I never play the game again?!

Guest Heyasuki

It happened to me a few days back I'll break it down in bullet points;

- 3 player online co-op

- played new class (peasant)

- played from start to finish (3 hours)

- after we finished credit only one of us unlocked a new character but I did not

- upset switch to single player mode to check for new character

- saw I had no 'skull' by my peasent

- logged in and saw I had no weapons/ pets exct the ones I already owned and the weapon in my hand.

- Do have the achievment for unlocking all pets

Live ID: Heyasuki

That's about it other then be really upset that all my work is gone.

ok. iv lost all my wepons and gold and pets b4, but the pet loss should be an easy fix. if the achevment it aquired, then the pets should just atomaticly respond? i dont see why that can be a problem for anyone with the acheivment, also, maybe a self save would be better? like pokemon did? that way we can save and revert back to the last save if anything was lost? maybe just to help back things up abit, um, some thing to avoid,

Dont

- accept a game invite wile in another game

first exit to the map, then exit the game, then accept the invite,

- ever ever exit to dashboard threw your controller, you will lose data

- exit the game unless your on the map

- ever turn off your xbox wile in the game, first scroll down to return to

arcade, then once out of the game turn off.

- ever turn off your xbox with your controller unless out of the game.

- do the catfish lv more then once before doing another lv, your grafix card

will crash.

i cant think of anything elce at the moment that really screws up the game badly like these do.

iv only had problems when i do one of the above options. so far ic steard clear of all of them and havnt lost my orbs wepons gold or knights in over a week, so i must be doing something right?