Sign in to follow this  
Powered by Chicken

Data Loss Issues: YOU ARE JUSTICE!

- ever ever exit to dashboard threw your controller, you will lose data

- ever turn off your xbox wile in the game, first scroll down to return to

arcade, then once out of the game turn off.

- ever turn off your xbox with your controller unless out of the game.

Just to note, I've done these multiple times without problems.

- ever ever exit to dashboard threw your controller, you will lose data

- ever turn off your xbox wile in the game, first scroll down to return to

arcade, then once out of the game turn off.

- ever turn off your xbox with your controller unless out of the game.

Just to note, I've done these multiple times without problems.

yeah, there not 100% break every time problems. but iv heard enough stories about the dashboard controller deleting everything.

but the turning off of the xbox is how i lost my stuff. eather it was a timeing issue, were i turned it off in the middle of a save? or my location? eatherway, there are counless stories were all of these have at one point in time cause data loss, now its just pinpointing the problem and how to fix it?

and on a side note. i DO follow every one of my rules, and have not had a problem since? so if every one elce fallowed them, i doubt they would have a problem eather??

and on a side note. i DO follow every one of my rules, and have not had a problem since? so if every one elce fallowed them, i doubt they would have a problem eather??

No doubt it's better safe than sorry, I'm just trying to narrow it down a bit more. The more we can narrow it down for the developers the easier it'll be to spot problems and fix them. =)

I don't accept invites without going back to the main menu because of horror stories, but if someone else can do this repeatedly they should let the developers know that there is something else involved.

I lost my data when I took my HDD to my buddy's house to play some co-op. Put my HDD in his xbox and all is lost. Tried to sign out and sign back in but still nothing.

My Lost Data.

With the xbox price drop, I went abd purchase an Elite since I needed the bigger hard drive and my current Xbox 360 didn't have an HDMI port.

BUT, I called Microsoft to get them to send me the transfer cable so I can transfer data from Mu 20GB to my new 120GB. Keep in mind I have NOT done the transfer yet. What I did is plug my 20GB hard drive into my new Elite.

So I'm using a new Xbox Elite, but still using the old Hard drive (until I get the transfer cable).

So Everything works fine with the Elite. I started Castle Crashers, wanted to continue to level up one of my characters so Is tarted a local game. On the character screen I've notice that I had lost all of my unlocked Characters. I only had the 4 starting knights and they were all LEVEL 1.

I did not went and "authorized" my games on the Xbox website yet to use with my new xbox because I didn't want to do it until I had everything transfered to the new Hard Drive. So Even though My new console is connected to Xbox Live, I lost my data.

So i've been doing some trial and error testing to see if I can help shed some light on the issue here, as I own two Xbox 360's and constantly move the hard drive from one place to another. This seems to have sparked a bit of an issue with my save games, as it has with other people moving their HD to a friends console.

I purchased the game last night and played it for a few hours, getting my character to level 9 I believe. This morning, I removed the HD from the original console (a 360 Pro) and placed it onto my Xbox 360 Elite. Upon starting up the game, all of my character data was gone, even though I had been logged into Xbox Live. I figured that I had forgotten to save the game or something like that so I started playing from level one again to see if it would save this time.

I quickly leveled a character to level 2 and then exited the game. Upon reentering the game, my character data was again lost (without switching consoles or moving the HD.) From the title screen, I then logged out of my live profile and then signed back in. My character data now appeared, however, it was that of the level 2 character and not that of the level 9 character that I had achieved last night.

I then took the HD up to my other 360, (the pro that I purchased it on) and checked to verify that the data was still there. I still had the level 2 character on that console as well, but it appears that it has now overwritten my previous save game information.

What I gather from all of this is that by moving my HD from to another console, the game does not find or auto-detect the save game info from the profile, if it is stored in that area. If you begin to play from that point, where the game has not loaded your character data, it will then overwrite your previous save games.

I will do more testing but if I am correct, you should be able to log out and back in from the title screen to load your character data from any console (given that you are signed into live and that the full version has been enabled by doing so) and you should then be able to continue the game and save your progress. You may or may not have to do this on the purchasing console, though. Just verify that your character data is there before you create a new game or anything of the sort.

I have heard other posters say that things like this come with XBLA games due to the DRM, but I have not had any issues like this with any of the other XBLA games. I constantly play Puzzle Quest and its expansion on both consoles by simply plugging the same HD into each console and logging into Xbox Live to activate the game. I have had no issues whatsoever with my save game data from those. Perhaps this is because they store the save game data as separate files within the memory cartridge or hard disk. If I go to the storage devices area and access Puzzle Quest, I have the following:

Puzzle Quest (Game Data)

Downloadable Content (Expansion)

Charactername1 - Gamertag (the character save file and gamertag it is associated with)

Charactername2 -Gamertag

Charactername3 - Gamertag

This appears to allow the game to access that information from any console I connect it to, so long as I log into Live and enable the full game by doing so.

Upon accessing Castle Crashers memory, I see nothing but the game data itself. So either the save game data is somehow stored within the game data, or the profile, or however. If that is changed, I believe a lot of these issues will be resolved.

Thank you for creating a very enjoyable game, I just hope that this issue can be fixed, regardless of who's fault it is.

Oh, and I apologize for writing a novel. Just figured this will help.

What I gather from all of this is that by moving my HD from to another console, the game does not find or auto-detect the save game info from the profile, if it is stored in that area. If you begin to play from that point, where the game has not loaded your character data, it will then overwrite your previous save games.

Interesting piece of information. I actually didn't start a game myself as soon as I saw all my characters back to lvl 1. Maybe if I log in and out I'll be able to retreive them.

Interesting piece of information. I actually didn't start a game myself as soon as I saw all my characters back to lvl 1. Maybe if I log in and out I'll be able to retreive them.

Most likely you should be able to. Just start the game up, press the xbox guide button, sign out, and then sign back in. You should be able to check your character profiles from the title menu and everything should be good as new.

After doing a little more research I notice that my wife's character that she played last night (just on a local non-live enabled account, on the same HD as my gamertag) is still there. So the game appears to be saving everything, just not auto-loading the information on the primary profile, which then gets overwritten if you end up playing a character from level one on the empty profile.

Hope this helps you get your stuff back, and i'm sure that once the game is patched this whole thing will be resolved.

Guest The Number 3

Well ive lost everything twice before!!! :evil:

First time: I was playing as the demond and decides i dodnt like him so i did the catfish glitch so i could quickly get through the game to unlock the ninja.

I got off for the night and then beat the game with the red demond the next day.

I then did the catfish glitch again but with the ninja. I joined a game then i couldent pick up and weapons or orbs. i then exited the game and checked on local. All of my wepons/orbs were gone!

Second time: After i lost all of my stuff my friend help me get all of my favorites back. we got most of my stuff then got off for the night. The next morning i dodnt have any weapons or orbs again!!! :evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:

My xbox 20gb died of rrod which i went out to replace i was unable to backup any data since i do not have any memory cards so i lost all my data anyway i got the 60gb model (which has replaced the 20gb model) home and started the painful task of downloading all my content again

Though Castle Crashers has a problem as when i switch the console off after playing i lose all my data for castle crashers each time and it starts off thinking it is my first time playing the game all my unlocked charactar's are lost story mode progress lost everything is gone is this a known problem? is there a way to fix it?? or will i have to wait untill the patch is released before i can start playing it again

Though Castle Crashers has a problem as when i switch the console off after playing i lose all my data for castle crashers each time and it starts off thinking it is my first time playing the game all my unlocked charactar's are lost story mode progress lost everything is gone is this a known problem? is there a way to fix it?? or will i have to wait untill the patch is released before i can start playing it again

You should be able to start the game up, log off your profile once you are at the title screen, then sign back onto live, and your data should show up. be sure not to play the game before you do that, or you risk your data being overwritten with level 1 characters, since it tends to not load your save data automatically if you aren't on the console you purchased from.

While you can also consider using the Xbox 360 License transfer from their site, I wouldn't recommend doing it for this game alone, as you can only do so once every 12 months.

I'd hang onto the dead console, though, as you could always ship it back to Microsoft for $99 and get a replacement console w/ one year warranty and a month of live, if you ever felt the need to have a second console.

This a pretty big rant 99.99% focused on the Data Loss Issue.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is a good idea to release a fresh new game... Straight from The Behemoth with all the insane humor Fulp, Paladin and team comes up with. It is a bad idea, however, to release it with so many glitches that really limit its potential re playability. Forces: Unleashed, Merceneries 2 and Spore are already out. Going to wait until Fallout 3, Fable 2, Socom II comes out along with a healthy number of AAA titles coming out by this year's end? Going to have them steal this game's spotlight? Forget the glitches and huge huge huge data lost issue; that online matchmaking issue is huge, too. Huge enough to turn more than a few people away from Castle Crashers.

I am not so fickle, callous or impatient. I decide to give Castle Crashers plenty of play time. So I played and played and played until tonight... When the data loss issue hit me, too. With all the characters unlocked but the four left to go (Brute, Civilian, Saracen and Bear), every weapon but a few and all the animals obtained I felt virtually accomplished. Then I log in, jump in the game and invite someone to be my friend while the game is on *that may be important* go back in, select my character - the Royal Guard - start from the beginning at lvl 1 and I'm not watching my gold count or XP until I go to the Blacksmith. There, I find one weapon... The one you start out with at the Blacksmith and no animals in the ark. So I take a close look at my gold count and what do you know?? 0 gold... Opposed to the gold I should have from the beginning - approximately 11000 gold - plus the gold I picked up just before the Barbarian War.

Something is very wrong, obviously. I had unlocked and obtained almost everything in the game and now it's all gone. All of it, except the characters I unlocked and the levels they were at before my data took a crap. Haven't beaten Insane mode once or played Castle Crashers online BTW.

I haven't been so disappointed in how unpolished games can turn out, because of the problems must have been overlooked or underestimated at the studio, since Dead or Alive 4. Played that game a lot - unlocked every costume, etc. and the data is wiped one day. Even though Tecmo patched the game I haven't touched that game, unless a friend wants to play it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bottom line: Team Ninja patched their data loss problem way too late and I lost interest especially because I wasn't confident there isn't another problem I would face with DOA4 or a future [DOA] title of Team Ninja's. Another reason why I said "forget it" is because all that would bring me back is compensation, but that compensation seems impossible to hand out. All the gamer gets for his or her's purchase of the fatally flawed game in the end is a "Sorry for any inconvenience [blah, blah, blah] we may have caused you." Whoopee...

Note: I have tried logging on and off my XBL gamertag, TenguNose... Restarted the 360, but that didn't help either.

The issue that you seem to be having, Hickory, seems more akin to data corruption or loss based on disconnection or some other faulty connection via Xbox Live. I believe that is one of the primary issues that they are working to fix, although I do believe a bit more of QA and testing would have brought these issues out before release.

Unfortunately, at this point, there is nothing we can do about that. All we can do is hope that Behemoth comes through for us and fixes these issues as fast as possible, with the information that we supply them. So everyone please be sure to leave some detailed information about what they were doing when the data loss occured. I've dealt with many problems like this, and it can be just as much of a headache for the developers as it is for us.

Hopefully the issue gets fixed soon, so that these problems do not plague the game any longer. I'd really like to play online with from friends, but have been extremely reluctant to do so at this time.

It happened to me the first time I played online. My friend invited me to a game and I joined. Everything's dandy until we actually start playing. I lose my gold, my weapons, animal orbs, bow, shovel, and boomerang. Luckily, nothing happened to my characters.

The next time I played I was the one hosting a game. I invite a friend to play a few levels with me, but when we started playing he was the one who loss the data and not me; he lost the same stuff as I had.

I'm going to safely assume that if you're hosting a game you won't be affected by data loss (I think this was posted before, too lazy to check). Also, I've been using the same xbox and hdd when I dl'd the game, if that helps.

Hi I have recently been playing Castle Crashers at my friends house using his Xbox with my Hard-Drive. I log in my Profile and Start a Local Castle Crashers game and all my unlockable characters were gone and my original characters reset to level 1. I thought mabey it might be some minor errors so I relog my profile and my data stayed the same. Later on I used a different account on the same Hard-Drive and all the data was intact. It even appeared on the friends leaderboard that my now resetted character was still level 88. No Gold, No Weapons, No Orbs, No Level and No Game progress! please help! It's Very inconvenient ro restart everything after how much progress I made into the game!

Note: I have tried logging on and off my XBL gamertag, TenguNose... Restarted the 360, but that didn't help either.

Sadly, I believe this has to be caught early for these fixes to work (the character select screen, or player statistics) because as soon as you get to the map your game saves.

The development team (and other players I'm sure) feel for you on this issue. If you have any information on what you were doing before your data got erased it could help them narrow it down and fix it.

Hi I have recently been playing Castle Crashers at my friends house using his Xbox with my Hard-Drive. I log in my Profile and Start a Local Castle Crashers game and all my unlockable characters were gone and my original characters reset to level 1. I thought mabey it might be some minor errors so I relog my profile and my data stayed the same.

When you say you started a game did you make it to the map or just the character select screen?

Later on I used a different account on the same Hard-Drive and all the data was intact. It even appeared on the friends leaderboard that my now resetted character was still level 88. No Gold, No Weapons, No Orbs, No Level and No Game progress! please help! It's Very inconvenient ro restart everything after how much progress I made into the game!

Was the second account a Gold/Silver Xbox Live account or just a different profile?

Is anyone experiencing these issues when using the memory unit or just recovering their gamertags as opposed to a hard drive swap? This post on GameFAQs seems to suggest that this could be a problem.

Last night, me and my friends booted up a game of Castle Crashers. We were at the character select screen. My 3 friends were on their Local Accounts, I was on my Xbox Live Account. So after they had selected their characters, I realized that I was still on my Live account, so I logged out. This of course, brought us back to the Title Screen. So all four of us were on our Local Accounts now. We went back to the character select screen only to find that the characters my friends had chosen before I logged out of my Live Account had been completely reset back to level 1. They now have no stats, no items, no gold. They did however, still have the "skull" that appears when you beat the game with that character. All of their OTHER characters are still at the same level, but without the gold and items. The only characters that were reset back to level 1 were the ones they had chosen while I was on my Live Account. (My account's characters are all fine). (I don't know if this matters, but I've never played a Castle Crashers game online with my Live account, and I haven't played on Insane Mode either.)

While we are very disappointed and don't even feel like playing the game anymore, I hope this helps you in fixing one of the bugs you guys have.

Good Luck.

My issue started when I took my hard drive over to a friend's house and was going to show them all my characters and weapons and animals and whatnot. I put it in and all of my data was gone. Weapons, animals, gold, unlocked characters, completion data. Everything. So I figured I would just play it over again, whatever. Well, I played a bit and turned it off. When I went back, everything was deleted again. All progress made on my Gamertag was gone.

The funny thing is, I recovered my brother's Gamertag on my hard drive and it saves all his data and loads it when the game is reloaded and everything. But all data when I play is deleted upon restarting the game.

I love the game but this is a crippling bug and there is absolutely no point in playing anymore until it is fixed because nothing I unlock will ever be saved and, let's face it, the game is all about character progression and exploration.

Please, fix this soon.

Also, I just thought I'd note that I've reset all my character data manually to try and fix this problem and I've even deleted the game and redownloaded it from the Xbox LIVE marketplace to see if that would fix it to no success. Since it saves on my brother's account on the same hard drive I believe it is an issue dealing specifically with my Gamertag (dustincase).

Sadly, I believe this has to be caught early for these fixes to work (the character select screen, or player statistics) because as soon as you get to the map your game saves.

The development team (and other players I'm sure) feel for you on this issue. If you have any information on what you were doing before your data got erased it could help them narrow it down and fix it.

Thanks. I know I drove the point home already and that the development team isn't dumb, BUT this data loss issue has got to be the worse possible problem for a game besides the game itself being crappy.

Anyway... I'll post up all that I have and that I'm missing and what I use to have soon. Don't remember how much gold I use to have, though. Is there a clock in the game that tells you how long you have played? I haven't seen any.

I spent two nights playing with two friends of mine, probalby about 4 hours each night, and maybe disconnected once each night with no problem.

The second night we tried adding a fourth friend, and he basically disconnected immediately, and didn't try to reconnect.

Today I tried playing by myself with the 4th friend to beat the final level and unlock new characters. I hosted - after the first sub-boss, as the gold was coming out of the chest there was a lot of lag and we DC-ed. He hosted and we tried agian and while fighting the third sub-boss when there are lots of guys it again slowed a lot and DC-ed. When we went to try again I realized that I had no money (I'd checked my guys levels when logging in so knew those were fine). I logged back out, and into my local profile and while I kept my levels, I lost all of my gold, animals, and weapons, though it does remember the animal and weapon and items that my character had on him at the time.

Hope that helps..

Also possibly worth noting - while I kept all of my characters levels, all of the experience that they'd gained towards their next level was also lost..

I took my HDD to a friends house and pluged it up to his xbox and logged on to live, he played on another account that I had on my xbox that belonged to another friend but was a live account, he signed into xbox live on it. we played a local game and he was player one and I player two, when this happend all my data was gone. so I had him log out and then I started a local game and then had him join in on the charicter selection screen and all my data was back, I took my HDD home and pluged it in and everything has been fine, and BTW if you stay to the top side of the boat it won't hit the catfish.

Whenever I disconnect from Xbox Live, my Castle Crashers data is erased, like, ALL of it. I've been playing with a profile on my friend's Xbox until today when I bought one. On his Xbox, this problem has never occurred; I have a silver account, and he has a gold account. Due to my own PC and internet limitations (DSL), I doubt I will be using Xbox Live very much. What's the deal, eh?

P.S. - Every game session was local multiplayer.

I was playing online with a friend when we lagged out suddenly. We re joined thinking it was just lag. I was the orange knight and I started with his starting weapon from the beginning of the game. I thought it was just a glitch so we headed to the weapon frog and I tried using wizards fire sword. I couldn't pick it up! (lvl 30 at the time) So I tried other weapons that i knew I had put none of them i could pick up! I still just thought it was a glitch online so I played solo and went in weapon frog and they were all gone!!!! My money was at 0 and my arrow went missing too. As well with my animal orbs.

The weapons never came back so I had to get them all over again.

A couple of my friends had the exact same thing happen with the lag out happening.