Sign in to follow this  
Powered by Chicken

Data Loss Issues: YOU ARE JUSTICE!

UPDATE. Now it appears that it doesn't save at all :? Also when ever Im not connected to XBLA it says that I only have the trial version, even though I bought my own castle crashers and uploaded my profile that I used on my friends 360. I deleted the game and downloaded it again to find that it solved NOTHING. :cry:

Issue: All weapons (except for the ones that my characters were carrying), animal orbs, and gold were erased. Unlocked characters, levels and game achievements (including skeleton mark) remained

When: When I joined a 4-player online game via invite

Other Info: The online game kept on crashing for 7 straight times (4 players all located in the U.S., has good connection). Data loss occured only to me on the 4th crash.

Hope this helps...

I am telling my friends not to purchase the game before the patch/fix is implemented..

Just got bitten by the data loss bug, which was nice.

I was playing 2 player co-op online, I believe we'd just finished the Marsh level, which as far as I can tell we made it through with no problems. After that we started on the Flooded Ruin or whatever its called, the other player hasn't been affected but I lost every single weapon, item, animal, and all my gold upon starting the level. The only item I was left with was the horn.

I still had the weapon and animal I was equipped with upon starting the level, but going to the blacksmith I was able to change animal to the cat that is above the locked door, but then I was unable to swap back to Hawkster, as if it was owned by somebody else in an online game. Exiting and re-entering the ark, Hawkster was gone too.

Every item was also lost for the rest of the characters I'd unlocked, including the bow. Starting the game on a fresh L1 character they have the image for the bow in their status bar, but can't be fired and actually disappears completely when you get the free potion from the guy at the back of the room.

Not sure if this is related, but I was playing as the L1 Bear while testing this and found I couldn't attack after using its magic whirlwind attack, but was able to attack again after a few seconds of after getting hit. Apart from having the bug where the rez indicator disappears and the floating Conehead Groom bug, I haven't had any other problems with the game.

edit: might be worth mentioning I accepted the game invite while I was still on the world map or in a level in a single player game, I can't remember which.

this scares me sh*tless. i love this game, but now am stricken to only play single player local to avoid save-loss? i used to recommend this to everyone because i've played 3 long sessions of flawless multiplayer games co-op with 2 to 3 buddies but now i drop from 2 player games and am unable to join any others. please fix this, because coming out with the best arcade game and then ruining tons of kids multi-hour game saves are two different things, and this IS the best arcade xbla game. Please fix quickly! I bought this to play 4 player online games! Let the public know the problem (ie. not enough server space, new space being purchased, etc.) . i feel im kept in the dark by knowing the best game for xbla is faulty for no good reason. why pronounce such golden gaming goodness to have it erase all these kids data? sad. sorry, im a lil' tipsy and just venting because i cant wait to play flawless 4 player games online. take peace, and i feel for all these kids who lost their data, because i fear losing my own.

This happened to a dude I was doing online CC with; his GT is "A Pureed Baby" . He only lost his weapons and animals thankfully it didn't take his lvled up toons.

I created a game and tossed him an invite; while he was at the title screen he accepted and joined my game. When we started he notice his gold was missing; wasn't able to use any weapons or any animals from the ark and frog. We finished up a round and he dropped to check his toons and sure enough he confirmed that his animals and weapons were gone.

I lose my data EVERY TIME I stop playing.

I bought CC on a 360 Pro that died.

I kept my Live Gold account and my sons non-Live account on a memory card that I kept.

I bought a 360 Elite.

I redownloaded CC and launched it.

All characters were gone.

I quit the game and realized that the game said to play the Trial version.

I logged into my Live! account (with password).

Now the dashboard read that I had the full game.

I launched the game.

Still no characters. I assumed that the savegame was on the old HD and not on my memory card so I didn't worry about it. We hadn't gotten that far (hadn't gotten through the cat barn) so I figured we would just start over. No big whoop.

We play and get through the barn. Yay!

We spend our skill points and confirm.

The game says "Saving" on screen and then we're back at the world map.

I turn off the 360 via the power button on the console.

Next day... no characters!

Doing the "start a Live game, confirm and back out trick" and it kinda works. our characters are back but sometimes it thinks we haven't defeated the first boss/unlocked the gray knight.

EDIT: On the new box, I have only played local games. On the old box, we played once online with a friend.

I lose my data EVERY TIME I stop playing.

I bought CC on a 360 Pro that died.

I kept my Live Gold account and my sons non-Live account on a memory card that I kept.

I bought a 360 Elite.

I redownloaded CC and launched it.

All characters were gone.

I quit the game and realized that the game said to play the Trial version.

I logged into my Live! account (with password).

Now the dashboard read that I had the full game.

I launched the game.

Still no characters. I assumed that the savegame was on the old HD and not on my memory card so I didn't worry about it. We hadn't gotten that far (hadn't gotten through the cat barn) so I figured we would just start over. No big whoop.

We play and get through the barn. Yay!

We spend our skill points and confirm.

The game says "Saving" on screen and then we're back at the world map.

I turn off the 360 via the power button on the console.

Next day... no characters!

AhHAaa FINALLY SOMEONE WITH THE SAME PROBLEM THAT I HAVE. :):D:lol::):(:cry:

Only I never played online. Also i discovered last night, that it has something to do with the XBox itself NOT the hard drive. My friend (the one I had my original file on, sans XBLA account untill I got my Box) put his HDD into my 360 and it said that he only had the trial version. Most of his other XBLA games said they were trial versions also :?

Anytime I log out of the game I lose my data. Every single time I get back on Castle Crashers, no matter what mode or Live or Local I pick, I always have lvl 1 knights and none of my unlocked characters. I've gotten to lvl 9 with my blue knight and unlocked the gray one but I have to sleep sometime! lol! Anyway, it's beginning to get really frustrating when it happens again and again and again. I'd basically have to beat the entire game in one sitting without being able to go back and retrieve what I'd saved to play again. :(

My 360 died last week. Luckily I own a back up one for just such an occasion while that one gets fixed. Anyway, upon putting my HD on the new system I found that all my data for Castle Crashers was erased. Upset, but not defeated I took my blue knight and leveled up to 10 and turned it off. The next day those 10 levels were gone. Everything had reverted again. Oddly enough, later, I was playing with a couple friends in a local game and characters from other profiles still had their levels.

Anyway, I'm waiting for the patch until I play more of Castle Crashers. Which I'd really like to do because the game is fantastic.

So I tried a couple things last night. First I tried booting CC with the ethernet cable unplugged. It said I only had the trial version. Then I tried being online, but signing out once I was at the menu screen and using a different profile as player 1 and signing on with my usual profile in the second player slot. It seemingly kept the levels I had acquired the last time i had people over. So I quit back to the menu and signed into my regular account on the #1 controller and was able to play with a lvl 6 blue knight, hoping that when it saved after playing a level I could come back and it would work fine. But it reverted back to level 1 when i came back into the game.

Here is the story, I loaded Castlecrashers onto my MU and took it over to my cousin's house so I can get them hooked on the game. I noticed that my data was transferred but I didn't think to much of it so I played as a new colored knight.

When I got home I wanted to play it but my data is gone and been replaced with the new data at my cousin's house. I pulled the MU out of my Xbox and tried the signout sign in trick but it did not work! I even deleted the game from my MU and HDD and redownloaded still not there.

HELP!

Whenever i quit the game and re-load it all my charectors are gone but not my weapons... can anyone help me with this? my GT is my forum name... thanks :cry:

While playing CC I was at the last guy and suddenly my xbox froze and I got the "red ring of death". So I sent the xbox in and 13 long days passed and Microsoft sent me a new xbox. I turned on CC and all of the characters were lvl 1 again (I was originally lvl 28 when the xbox froze). I thought no big deal and played till I was lvl 15. I turned off the game and the next day came back and my guy was lvl 1 again!!! I resetted all of the guys and deleted and reloaded the game and still lvl 1. They sent me a new xbox but I'm using the same hard drive. Does anyone have any insight on this???? How can I get the game to save what lvl I was at????

On the dashboard right before the game it shows my guy still being lvl 28 (what a tease!!)

Hi guys.

Well, I'm pretty pissed, like many of you I s'pose but I'll just try to explain.

I was at a buddy's 2 weeks ago and I transfered my XL tag onto his xbox and bought Castle Crashers. We played a bit blahblah....then I got home, had to transfer my XL tag back on my own console (en elite model, never had any ROD, works perfectly) and since then, EVERY SINGLE time I started a character, leveled up either locally or online and then quit the game and wanted to continue, it always resets everything.

But what's weird is that on the dashboard info panel of Castle Crashers, prior to lunch the game on the right, it shows my character is lvl 21 which is the farest I could go. I tried all the tricks, fixes, to log off, create a game, log back in, blahblah, I tried resetting my stats manually, I erased the game and downloaded it back again and it just resets everytime I start the game.

I'm desperate, cause this means I just FLAT OUT can't play since I ALWAYS have to start again from lvl 1 and loose all weapons and datas.

I just wanna play this buggy-yet-awesome-game goddamnit ! Halp !?

Ps : sorry for my english...I haven't been practicing in a while hmm :|

I let my friend create a profile on my Xbox, I then signed in and we went onto Castle Crashers. All my characters were there and their levels too. I started up at the Barbarian, and when we started, I realized none of my key items were there, so I thought it was just me playing as a level one again, so after I went to the Blacksmith, all my animals and weapons are gone, but all my characters and levels are still there.

I tried signing out, then back in.

And I tried turning the Xbox off then trying again.

It didn't work though.

I lost all my data, but it might be my fault. Who knows.

My xbox was dying (major drive issues), so I traded it into Gamestop and bought a new one, but I kept my Hard Drive. I got home and set up the new xbox with my old HD and started playing RB2. Someone messaged me asking for the King's Scepter so I exited to dashboard and started Castle Crashers up. I was using the RB guitar controller, so I fired up a standard controller on slot 2. I had some complications with being on my profile with the regular controller so while in the "waiting for players" screen of a custom match, I shut down the xbox to restart it with controller a on the first slot. I then went to an xbox live game and realized that I only had the default level 1 characters to select from.

Items and weapon are easily replaced. The insane hours I spent grinding

is another issue. I really don't care about losing levels or items, but I do want to have access to all the characters again without having to grind away for 30+ hours. HELP!

I lost everything, so I have only the 4 knights all at lvl 1, no weapons, and no pets. I used to have a 99 red knight and when I look on the leaderboards it says I have a lvl 99 green knight for some reason. I used to have most of the characters and was working towards getting all of them so it would take a lot of time for me to get everything I had back.

I lost data as well.

Two friends came over and brought their profiles on a memory card. We launched CC on my 360 (playing Local Game) and logged in with our respective profiles, then picked our characters. I chose the Blue Knight, which I'd never played in multiplayer.

We eventually beat the story mode, picking up many pets and weapons along the way. After defeating the final boss, only one of us showed a skull icon next to our knight's portraits in the character select screen. She's also the only one that unlocked a new character

When I log into a game by myself on my own 360, I don't see any of the game areas (levels) unlocked that we completed, I don't have any additional characters unlocked, and I don't have credit for finishing the game. My Blue Knight is still level 21, which is where he was when we finished. I don't know if I have can access all weapons we unlocked, because you don't always see what weapon you've picked up.

At this point I don't plan on playing CC anymore. Great game in so many ways, but if you can't reliably progress in multiplayer (or worse yet, risk losing everything you've already done and resetting to zero), there's little point to spending any time on it.

GL getting these issues addressed, I hope Behemoth can fix their game.

Heres my story.:

I had just beaten insane mode with a party of three online with my lvl 99 brute and we had planned to go ahead make another party and play again with new characters. So I decide to go check out the gold skull before he sends me an invite so I check out the skull looks pretty cool and I get my invite to play.

While I was still on the character select screen I accepted his invite to play and it had prompt me if I wanted to leave and all unsaved data and bleh bleh, so newho I go to accept the invite and we start the match and I choose my lvl 1 panda/bear. We start the new game and were killing and I notice I have no money so im thinking thats wierd, and we go ahead get to a check point and we headed to the blacksmith and I see a pet so I try to grab one and they refuse to come to me. And I have all the pets too, and I also notice none of the pets I owned werent there but all of his pets were there.

I plan on doing the same as superjay42.

I dont plan on playing the game at all until the update has been fixed along with the online multiplayer connection, and i wish the best of luck to the behemoth to fix there issues.

I leave out go to single player local match and I choose my lvl 99 brute and I had nothing but the weapon I already had in my hand and the pet that I already owned. I had no cash, no pets, and no weapons.

This happend to me today at like 2 am.

Guest geekahedron

I lost all my data for the second time today. The first time was the first time playing multiplayer with some friends; I don't really remember the circumstances because I didn't notice it right away, until I went to grab a pet that suddenly didn't like me, and noticed, hey, all my money's gone, and I have no bow, and I can't use my weapons either! I figured it was because I accepted the invite while in the middle of a level, so I've been sure to always leave the game before taking an invite since that happened.

Then today, I got an invite from someone on the Behemoth CC list, so I exited the level I was on, joined the game (took several tries and finally I had to host the game myself) and one of the people I was playing with said, hey, you have no money .. and yep, all my weapons, items, and animals were missing too. I'm guessing it's because I took an invite from the world map, instead of the main menu? I'm definitely going to exit the game entirely from now on.

Most of the stuff isn't too hard to get back; the store-bought animals and weapons are a little bit of a pain when all your money disappears as well, and some of the rare drops (king's scepter), and character-unlocks (like the Peasant's spoon) will have to be shared back to me. At least my character data is intact.

hey everybody, thanks again for all the details! One thing- if you could mention in your posts if you have or have NOT migrated your game or your profile to another Xbox in order to play CC at any point, that will help us narrow down and fix the last of these save bug issues! Also, if you know what kind of xbox you have (Elite, Regular, Arcade), that helps too!

thanks everybody, we are workin our butts off to get this fixed and back out to you right quick!

:arrow:

kelly

I played online co-op and me, or the other two players I was playing with were not on Insane Mode. I left online co-op to play the game locally myself and found that all/the majority of my items, weapons, and animals were gone. Though my character data is still in tact.

P.S. Will I get my stuff back once the update comes in? Or do I have sit through all of that again? :roll:

You say it like playing in the first place was bad and tormenting...