Sign in to follow this  
Powered by Chicken

Data Loss Issues: YOU ARE JUSTICE!

hey everybody, thanks again for all the details! One thing- if you could mention in your posts if you have or have NOT migrated your game or your profile to another Xbox in order to play CC at any point, that will help us narrow down and fix the last of these save bug issues! Also, if you know what kind of xbox you have (Elite, Regular, Arcade), that helps too!

thanks everybody, we are workin our butts off to get this fixed and back out to you right quick!

:arrow:

kelly

I did not migrate my profile.

And my Xbox is the Arcade version.

so i've lost my data twice now. the first time was after i had just finished unlokcking the

white bear with the skelly

x and then after alot of freezeing i quite for about an hour came back and tried online agin and found out i could only pick the first knights. the second time i was playing online we just beat the barbain boss and the screen glitched to where the collors ran, so i used the home button and returned to the dashboard re launched the game and my data was gone.

i bought the game while the 120 gig harddrive was on a regular xbox then moved it to and arcade the losses came 3 days after that

Here is the story, I loaded Castlecrashers onto my MU and took it over to my cousin's house so I can get them hooked on the game. I noticed that my data was transferred but I didn't think to much of it so I played as a new colored knight.

When I got home I wanted to play it but my data is gone and been replaced with the new data at my cousin's house. I pulled the MU out of my Xbox and tried the signout sign in trick but it did not work! I even deleted the game from my MU and HDD and redownloaded still not there.

HELP!

My Xbox is a the normal console. My cousin's Xbox is also a normal console.

I really really reallly want to play Castle Crashers again, but I'm afraid to. I just made it past the forest on Insane Mode; that boss took me days to beat after leveling up really high. :(

I purchased Castle Crashers on my friends xbox 360 (arcade, i believe) through my account, and then purchased my elite with the price drop. I moved my account by memory unit and downloaded castle crashers on to my new elite and all of my levels, animals, and weapons were gone. This happens everytime i enter the game. really hope it is fixed soon, cause i wanna play it!

The first xbox I had it on was an Arcade SKU, but the backup one i'm using now is a Core that's been refurbed from Microsoft. It still won't save my data for my XBL profile. Erases everytime.

I purchased Castle Crashers on my friends xbox 360 (arcade, i believe) through my account, and then purchased my elite with the price drop. I moved my account by memory unit and downloaded castle crashers on to my new elite and all of my levels, animals, and weapons were gone. This happens everytime i enter the game. really hope it is fixed soon, cause i wanna play it!

:idea: I HAVE THE ANSWER :ugeek: . The problem isn't the game it's the Xbox. Since you started the game on another box, the profile data is still on it. What you need to do is go to the xbox live website, log in, click the support tab and select "Transfer content licenses from you old console to a new console.", and do what it says. Then delete your CC game and re download it. You will have to start over (asuming you havent played it after it got erased) but now every thing will work as it should.

well, it works for me but i am not sure about others ive been reading that others lose their levels and characters but not their items or animals, and others have it vice-versa. also they have been losing it from the online part. Mine was only lost from the license... but definately look into it! good luck! :arrow:

Sigh, so I beat the game (well, the normal version), raved about it to my friend, and convinced him to play it with me. I'm actually a game tester and it makes me very sad when things like this get through to final.

Here are my repro steps, and I hope that it will get fixed.

1. Play the game, unlocking characters/weapons/animals/and Insane Mode.

2. Complete "Home Castle" and "Castle Keep" in Insanity Mode.

3. Save game etc (Blue Knight, Level 32).

4. Take 20gb Hard Drive from standard Xbox 360, put into an Elite Xbox 360 (both have internet connection).

5. Start up Elite Xbox 360 with a game disk inside (autoplay on, so it goes into the game). NOTE: this Elite did not sign into messenger, and required password to be entered to sign into messenger.

6. Back out into dashboard.

7. Log into profile

8. Start up Castle Crashers

9. Local Game > Castle Crashers

10. Cry when your character is gone!

None of the sign-out/restart quickfixes worked for me.

So I started a new character, got the second princess (Red Night, Level 12). Then I went home with my Hard Drive, placed it in, started up (auto-login, no autoplay, and of course my messenger did connect), and viola, my new crappy (Red Knight, Level 12) character appeared, though my original (Blue Knight, Level 32) is now gone.

I really did enjoy this game, and intended to play it over and over with my friends, but this is really disheartening. To be honest, I was going to buy Alien Hominid HD from Xbox Live, but this has shaken my faith in Behemoth.

Truly Hoping that Castle Crashers gets fixed soon,

BillyMurdock

Took my HD to a friends house to play CC, when I plugged it in all my data was gone, my gamertag was on the MU, as was my friends that i was going to play with. As we played through the levels, we turned off the xbox [after leaving through xbl arcade] and then when we returned, my data was last again. I went back to the xbox [that i bought the game from] and reinstalled it, it then saved game data like it had before. I took it again over to my friends house, only to have the same problem happen, however this time, one of my friends [who had a silver account] still had his information from the last time, and I and the other friend [who had gold accounts] lost all our information again. hopefully this will be fixed in the update, otherwise whats the point of being able to put the game on a MU if it will only lose all your data when you move it?

Guest Tsueg

Data Loss: Levels, and everything.

It appears to me when I lose my save data, it is complete and absolute and I restart the game with only the four original characters even though I have unlocked other characters in the game. I then need to re-unlock them.

Through testing and experimenting, it appears that the actual save data is gone but sometimes it comes back again. I have found a mostly consistent way to restore the save data but it does not always work. I will explain below as I detail my use of the game.

I downloaded the game with my account on my friends Xbox360 about 10 seconds after he showed me the demo of the game. We played it on his system and then I copied it over to my system.

I own Alien Hominid, and have an achievement.

I start my XBox360 and I am signed in automatically to XBox live. I start the game, create a local game and have only the four knights at level one to choose from (The alien is not available). I return to the game main menu and while the game is still running, sign OUT of XBox live, then RE-SIGN IN to XBox live. when I check my player stats, I now have the previous games unlocked characters and levels and I even have access to the alien hominid.

Every time i quit and start the game I start with only the four knights at level one. If I do not sign out of XBox Live and back in, then I also lose that data as well.

If I do not do this and start playing, then when I quit the game and start it again some time later -- the now-previous session data is what is loaded when I sign out of and back into XBox live. If my internet connection hiccups, then I also lose that and the same resets itself to starting with the four basic characters. Unless I log out of and into XBox live, it ignores that I have an achievement in AH and will not let me start with the alien.

I still have all my achievements.

I completed the game in a single local game session so that I could say I completed the game. My player leader board shows that I have a level 23 character (from playing with my friends) and because I did not log out of and back into XBox live when I pulled the marathon session, the game did not record my level 48 character from that solo game.

I have searched for the save data on the console and do not find it. There appears to be no save file data.

If I am not logged into XBox live when I start the game and then log into XBox live while the game is running, I do not get the previous game data available to me. I must be signed in when I start the game, then sign out and back in before I start a game session.

This is consistent with other profiles on my console and was demonstrated as such when my dad started to play with me.

this has happened to me 2 times. Once about a month ago and once yesterday. I have never taken off my hard drive or played my account on another xbox. This happened to me after playing co op with a friend(different state if that helps) and I lost all weapons and orbs. I haven't lost any characters or leverls. Gold and items were lost too.

what happened to me was I was playing co-op with my friend right next to me on the same console then another friend came over so we hit the exit button to add him and once we did I went into a game with all three of us and had no weapons and no pets but I still had my characters

This fixed my problem. Although I still had to start over. :P

I wonder how I can avoid this happening next time when my 360 inevitably dies again. I am hoping that if I were to change over the licensing before playing the game on a new system it would keep the levels and everything..

Thanks for the help though, great tip.

:idea: I HAVE THE ANSWER :ugeek: . The problem isn't the game it's the Xbox. Since you started the game on another box, the profile data is still on it. What you need to do is go to the xbox live website, log in, click the support tab and select "Transfer content licenses from you old console to a new console.", and do what it says. Then delete your CC game and re download it. You will have to start over (asuming you havent played it after it got erased) but now every thing will work as it should.

I'm copying the post I made from another thread here. Sorry for the laziness. And the whole "wanting to kill everyone I see right now" vibe. I'm sure you can understand, read on:

Please, for the love of any God you wish to believe in, help me. I've played CC for probably a grand total of 100+ hours in the span of about a month. I've had every item, weapon and pet and a stash well over 10K worth of gold.

I go to play online with a group of friends, as I have done COUNTLESS times before, and to my horror, I can't find ANY OF IT. My gold is at 0. My pets are gone. My weapons are gone. My items are gone. It's. All. GONE.

If there's a way to fix it, then tell me how - because I spent $15 on something magical, and it just performed the most cruel trick I've EVER had a videogame play on me, and I've been holding controllers for almost thirty years. I'm about to f--king cry here. I cannot believe I spent this much time on a game just to have it all taken away by the whim of some buried, luck-of-the-draw issue/glitch/bug.

Help me in one of two ways, please. Either fix this game or give me Microsoft's claims dept. so I can get my $15 back. Because I'm hurt beyond the sensation of pain right now, and I demand satisfaction. Blood will also do. :twisted:

::EDIT::

Sorry for sounding like an balloon. But I believe that I'm entitled to that much, considering all the work that I put into what ultimately became nothing. Somebody help me, please.

::2ND EDIT::

So, does anyone know when this game will be receiving a patch/update/fix? Because after this fun-f--king-shenanigan, I'm really about 2 seconds from not caring anymore, and worse, ever again. I love The Behemoth. I love your games. I love your style. I love what you stand for in an industry arena populated with bloated-big-budget-blockbuster-bulls--t (now that's some English language skills for your balloon - 5 B's in a row, and 6 if you count "buster"). But this is downright inexcusable, and I'm sorry to be so bluntly honest. Congratulations, you succeeded in crushing my very soul, and I hope you feel something for it. Because I can't feel anything right now, from the carpet beneath my feet to my wife's gentle touches trying in vain to reassure me that everything's alright. Because it is most definitely not alright now. I just wasted shy of a hundred hours of my life for this. Is this the clown princess ending, just in real life?

so this works? for surely? that is really really good to know!!

Dood, will you marry me ?

I confirm what DragnForce5 said : it WORKS perfectly. I had to start all over my char, but it wasn't really far, only lvl 21. Now since I did that tip, I played many hours straight, I'm lvl 45, I beat the game and can turn off / quit and go back in and everything works like a charm. No problem / bug whatsoever.

Thanks man !

Dood, will you marry me ?

I confirm what DragnForce5 said : it WORKS perfectly. I had to start all over my char, but it wasn't really far, only lvl 21. Now since I did that tip, I played many hours straight, I'm lvl 45, I beat the game and can turn off / quit and go back in and everything works like a charm. No problem / bug whatsoever.

Thanks man !

Hooray, I MADE A DIFFERENCE ^__^

Only if your not a dude also ;):lol:

Hey there

Behemoth

I got A BIG BUG :cry: well I was just playing castle crashers and I played a online

game, and some how all my stuff was gone! my weapons, my pets, and money!

I dont know how or what happened to my game, but I have nothing

I had all the pets and all the weapons and my money was at 13000.

please help me!

I was just playing castle crashers with my sister, I used my new hood-less peasant character ( who owns :lol: ) to play from the first level to wherever she decided to stop playing. We got up to the barbarian boss, and after we killed him, my whole screen started freaking out, I checked to see if the AV cable thing was inside my video inputs/outputs on my screen, and they were. We sat there for a few minutes. Then I pressed pause, and remembered all of the words you can select on the pause screen. I scrolled down to "exit game" soon I selected "yes" and it sent me to the castle crashers main screen. It continued to freak out, so I gave up and returned to the dashboard. I went away from the 360 for a bit, returned soon to connect to xbox live, I saw that my internet connection was running again so I decided to connect to it... Yeah. That didn't work. So I signed out and signed back in to see that my membership had ran out, after renewing, I booted up castle crashers and played a game with my lower-level friend. We went to the blacksmith, and I noticed the weapons in it weren't any of mine. I noticed the amount of money I had wasn't 3000, it was 0. I quit the game to return to local mode and see if I still had my pets, and I didn't. :cry: I lost my babies :( . Well, the pets that were with my characters were okay :) , but everything else was gone. Oh and the weapons I was carrying weren't in the blacksmith, weird.

Well I unfortunately like most of the people in this thread have lost my saved game data. My XBOX broke...I had the Product Replacement Plan (PRP) from GameStop so I went and exchanged it for a new one. I kept my HDD thinking no big deal. When I turned it on and loaded up CC all of my characters were at 0 etc. etc. So I have been trying some of the work arounds. I just transferred all of my licenses over to my new console. It still is broken EXCEPT. When I sign out from my Gamer Tag in the CC main menu and then sign back in it seems to recognize that I have played the game and have my save.

Just an update. I deleted it and redownloaded the game after transferring my licenses and now it works fine...So I guess that works...Hope my XBOX doesn't break again before the year mark:/.

I downloaded the game one my brother's xbox and my hard drive attached to it and beat the game with the Blue Knight. After getting my XBox repaired, I re-downloaded Castle Crashers and played it. All the data was erased. So, I started again with the Red Knight (or Orange, I'm color-blind) and got to level 13. Turned off my Xbox. Played again and all my data was erased AGAIN. TWICE. IN ONE DAY.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE FIX THIS BUG

Midknight11

First of all thankyou Newgrounds/Behemoth for this awesoe addition to your game lineup. The game takes me back to my sidescrolling childhood but adds to my HD/Multiplayer adulthood. With that said I have one single complaint. My xbox 360 recently gave me the infamous RROD luckily for me I had a replacement agreement with Best Buy. I walked into the store grabbed a new unit they let me keep my hdd (phew) and went home and set it up but much to my dismay none of my game data was there for my beloved castle crashers. The game was there but none of my 4+ characters over level 35, none of my animal orbs, none of my horded gold and none of my coveted weapons. To make matters even worse I unfortunatley lost all of my money, animal orbs and weapon nearly 2 weeks previous because I reset the Character Data on a low level character to start it over(why did i lose everything for every character even though i just reset one character?). So I just barely got everything back and then it was all gone(please do remember I still had the same HDD). Now I am a little angry that I have to earn it all back I have none of my unlocked characters so I am back to square one but he wierd thing is my wife and brother in laws profile still had all of there characters etc. I thought it was a bit strange and I thought you should know. Also now when I ever I go back to the game none of my newly aquired castle crashers swag is available and its getting very frustrating becuase I start over every night. I deleted the game and downloaded it again in hopes it would fix my problem but it only made things worse because now my wifes and bro in laws profiles had to start over but at least I am not alone. The real issue isnt that its lost it is now every time I leave the game Its lost again and again and again. However on some rare occasions if I log out of Xbl and log back in it is there but then I leave at the end of the night and the problem starts over the next day. I thought it might be my hdd issue but I talked to a friend and he is having the exact same issue after swapping his xbox. I love the game but its getting on my nerves. PLEASE HELP!!!!