Sign in to follow this  
Powered by Chicken

Data Loss Issues: YOU ARE JUSTICE!

I lost my stuff when i joined a ranked match? that was it, 1 vs 1 then bam every thing is erased even all my unlocked characters all gone, i had almost every weapon, every pet and all gone =( it was found in quick search and i found out when i was picking my characters so..yeah..

i might try to start over, but whats to say it wont happen again? feel really dissapointed at the moment

This is probably late to the party (not going to read all 7 pages of posts) but here is the information in case it's useful at all.

I have lost my data 3 times (actually, it has never ever saved my data) on the xbox I originally played Castle Crashers on. However it is not the xbox I purchased the game on. (which is why I'm not posting this in the next thread "SAVE GLITCH without changing consoles (Help us help you!)"

I have two xboxes in my house. We'll call one "MINE" and one "KIDS". When I am not home, the kids play on "KIDS". When I am home, we'll either play online (one of my two kids on "KIDS", me on "MINE") or all of us hudled around "MINE" with the kids Live accounts on a memory card. In order to get my content to work properly, I buy ALL DLC content on "KIDS". Since the content is linked to the CONSOLE and the LIVEID, this links my content to the console "KIDS", but allows me to still play the game on "MINE" because I am logged in to live with my LIVEID. If I am unable to log in to LIVE, I cannot play with any of my DLC content, because it can't do the validation check. The content WILL play on "KIDS" regardless of their online status. Note that every piece of DLC content (20 or so arcade games, Rock Band Songs, Expansion Packs for games) work using this method, except for a small bug in "Ticket to Ride" which is fairly easy to get around, provided you know what to do.

So here begins the tale of how my data has never been saved. The first day we played, we all hudled around "MINE" and started playing. I made it to level 16 on the green knight. The kids didn't make it that high, but they were close. When we were done, I made sure we made it back to the map first, then exited the game through the pause menu.

The kids took their memory card upstairs, and played some more, both able to load their character. However when I tried to play solo, all my knights were at level 1 again (all animals lost, all weapons lost, etc), It was like I never played. However my "ranking" still showed level 16 on the "arcade details page". So I asked the kids to bring their memory card down, pop it in, and see what happens. They both try loading, and all their knights are at 1 again. I exit to the dashboard (so not to save over their memory card) and send them upstairs... their data loaded back on their machine (in fact they are upstairs just about to finish the game for the first time). So I have my son host a LIVE game from "KIDS". I join from "MINE". I am able to join his game, and we have some connection issues (dropping between levels, etc) but through that, my character remains leveled up (while I stay in the game).

I exit the game, and power down "MINE". Tonight I fired "MINE" back up to find all my characters are at level 1 again. Begrudgingly I ran through the first 3 levels, bought some potions, unlocked the barbarian, fought the barbarian boss with him, unlocked the achievement, exited to the map, exited the game (through the pause menu) and went back to the dashboard. Immediatly I fired the game back up, and presto... no unlocked characters, and everyone at level 1 again. Let me point out that my kids have not lost *ANY* data this entire time, using the "PURCHASED ON" xbox.

I don't know if this senario fits anyone else's issue with saving, but I hope it helps pinpoint the problem...

XBOX GT: DragonYen

Matt

Let me add, that tonight when I played through to get the "traitor" achievement, I got to level 5 on both the fire knight, and the barbarian... when I loaded my game later, (as I already said) the game save was "gone".

However since then, I took my memory card upstairs and the last "save" that should have happened was loaded from the memory card on the "KIDS" machine.

It appears that the save game works on the "CONSOLE" that Castle Crashers is assigned to, but DOES NOT work against the "LIVEID" that was used to purchase it.

DY/Matt

Here's what happened to me:

Bought CC on friend #1's regular Xbox 360 with my 20gb hard drive. played co-op and the other player played on a non-xbox live accounts.

took the hard drive home to another regular xbox 360 and data was lost. started a new game on my live account. then tryed the xbox LIVE game custom game but no luck. although there was no data in the local game and player stats, if i went to leaderboards my true level and experience would show. however data from the non-xbox live account was still there and playable.

took hard drive over to friend #1's Xbox tried trick and data was still lost.

Releveled on my xbox.

Took Hard Drive to friend #2's xbox arcade and new data was lost. Did the trick and got all data back. Played with three friends locally with all of them on non-xbox live accounts. next day my data was gone but all the non-xbox live accounts data remained.

as of know I am back on my xbox and trick does not work. The player stats shows no data but the leaderboards show my true level and experience.

I had something very similar two Draggon Yen.

I to have 2 360s at home. "Main" and "alt". I download DLC to the "main" but sometimes play on the "alt' with my liveID on a mem stick. When I downloaded CC to the 'alt' I think my problems started. Im not sure I even played on the 'alt' box at all, but when I went back to the "main" with my liveID on the memstick I had lost all data.

Where are these saves anyway? There does not seem to be _any_ saved progress file for this game....

Well I my 360 got the red ring so i sent it to microsoft for repair but i kept the hard drive, it seems my 360 got replaced, so i said "oh well" so i tryed to go play CC, and everythings ALL GONE! i heard ppl say this is a minor glich and i just needed to sign out and sign back in, but before i knew that i just started a new game so i guess it overwrited my temporary lost file :(, When i did start a new game i went online and played with a friend as the red knight i only got like 1/6 exp in lvl 1 and i had to go.

ok this is really bad. my xbox wasnt working right so i bought a new one and SWITCH OVER the Hard Drive. When i switched it over, i only had 4 characters and everyone was lvl 1. AND when i start over and lvl and log off EVERYONE FCKING BECOMES LVL 1 AGAIN. SOMEBODY KILL ME T.T. O and on xbox live it still says im lvl 40 so when i try to join xbox game everything freezes up to. HELP MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. :cry::cry:

Yeah. My situation is where every time I try I have nothing on my account... period. All my characters, weapons, orbs, how far I got, gone. Everything except for the data that says "this is your best character" is gone. So if you can please tell me what I'm supposed to do cause I really like this game.

Also, can you play offline?

Well I my 360 got the red ring so i sent it to microsoft for repair but i kept the hard drive, it seems my 360 got replaced, so i said "oh well" so i tryed to go play CC, and everythings ALL GONE! i heard ppl say this is a minor glich and i just needed to sign out and sign back in, but before i knew that i just started a new game so i guess it overwrited my temporary lost file :(, When i did start a new game i went online and played with a friend as the red knight i only got like 1/6 exp in lvl 1 and i had to go.
ok this is really bad. my xbox wasnt working right so i bought a new one and SWITCH OVER the Hard Drive. When i switched it over, i only had 4 characters and everyone was lvl 1. AND when i start over and lvl and log off EVERYONE FCKING BECOMES LVL 1 AGAIN. SOMEBODY KILL ME T.T. O and on xbox live it still says im lvl 40 so when i try to join xbox game everything freezes up to. HELP MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. :cry::cry:

READ MY ANSWER ON PAGE 6

DForce has the answer. It really does work.

...and on xbox live it still says im lvl 40 so when i try to join xbox game everything freezes up to. HELP MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. :cry::cry:

Thats because your data is saved to a server. Before my file got erased I had a lvl 15 blue knight and the "melee is best" achievment. when i got my problem fixed I still had that achievement. So when you recover your data youl be lvl 1 with no animals or weapons yet you will have all your original achievements.

I am so mad because i had every weapon and animal orb and alot of gold in the game and i lost it becuause i was playing co-op with a friend on insane mode help us out and fix the problem because it would be wrong not to i spent hours getting weapons and animal orbs and gold

Gamertag(Smitter535)

Ok I'm pissed as well. Mine isn't as bad as the rest but still. I had about 10grand all weapons all animals and poof they all have disappeared. My characters thank god are ok the xp is still the same. But I am very concerned this might happen again losing 100's of hours playing this game. Is there anything i can do to back my profile up in some way so i dont lose it all?

I am not positive when it happened but I was playing with a buddy on co-op and when i remade it all was gone besides chars.

This fixed my problem. Although I still had to start over. :P

I wonder how I can avoid this happening next time when my 360 inevitably dies again. I am hoping that if I were to change over the licensing before playing the game on a new system it would keep the levels and everything..

Thanks for the help though, great tip.

I purchased Castle Crashers on my friends xbox 360 (arcade, i believe) through my account, and then purchased my elite with the price drop. I moved my account by memory unit and downloaded castle crashers on to my new elite and all of my levels, animals, and weapons were gone. This happens everytime i enter the game. really hope it is fixed soon, cause i wanna play it!

:idea: I HAVE THE ANSWER :ugeek: . The problem isn't the game it's the Xbox. Since you started the game on another box, the profile data is still on it. What you need to do is go to the xbox live website, log in, click the support tab and select "Transfer content licenses from you old console to a new console.", and do what it says. Then delete your CC game and re download it. You will have to start over (asuming you havent played it after it got erased) but now every thing will work as it should.

Thanks hopefully this should be a lot of help. and thanks again.

Lost all my Data from a save.

Paid for and downloaded CC on my own Xbox 360, played a few levels. Then played over at my friends house a few days later. After getting my Xbox 360 back from Microsoft (Red rings), I don't have any of the save information. Lost a ton of stuff, levels, characters etc. (Note, I save my profile on a memory card for easy transport from Xbox to Xbox, but this should not effect save information like this)

Played just now on my 360 in a single player game, got to level 5. Quit out of CC and loaded it back up to see if it would save. I lost the Gray Knight (first level) unlock and my Blue Knight was level 1 again. Did not save.

With all due respect, apparently there's alot of save issues. Hopefully this will be addressed in the next patch.

Lost all my Data from a save.

Paid for and downloaded CC on my own Xbox 360, played a few levels. Then played over at my friends house a few days later. After getting my Xbox 360 back from Microsoft (Red rings), I don't have any of the save information. Lost a ton of stuff, levels, characters etc. (Note, I save my profile on a memory card for easy transport from Xbox to Xbox, but this should not effect save information like this)

Played just now on my 360 in a single player game, got to level 5. Quit out of CC and loaded it back up to see if it would save. I lost the Gray Knight (first level) unlock and my Blue Knight was level 1 again. Did not save.

With all due respect, apparently there's alot of save issues. Hopefully this will be addressed in the next patch.

when you disconnect from xbox live will it let you play the game, or does it only say trial version. If that plus every thing you said happens then the answer is one post above yours.

I think one solution is not playing online. Over 90 percent of all instances of data corruption happened when they were doing online activity. I have never gone and played online with Castle Crashers yet, and my data is just fine. I probably just jinxed myself, but still. Just stay offline until the title update comes along.

I recently updated to an Elite console by trading in my old one for credit towards the purchase price. After swapping out the hard drives (keeping my old one for the time being since it still has plenty of space left), I noticed the loss of data on my Castle Crashers file. My lady and I have played co-op almost through the entire game up to this point, and after loading her profile I found out that her data is all intact; only mine was lost. Mine is the primary account on the system and the one that is credited with the purchase of the game through Live. Hers is just a standard local profile without online access.

I read up on the "fixes" online and found that if I do the log out/log in trick from the CC menu, all my characters, levels, weapons, etc. come back... but I have to do that every time I want to play in order to have everything there. When I exit out of the game and return to the main dashboard, going back into the game reveals that it's all gone yet again and needs to be recovered. It's a mild inconvenience to spend an extra 30 seconds to log in/out just to have everything unlocked as normal, and it will definitely be nice once a patch hits to fix the problem.

Just thought I'd let y'all know the details of my encounter with the glitch. Hope it helps. My XBLA tag is the same as my name on here, by the way.

Yeah..it happened to me. :( I was a level 66 green knight with all the animal orbs. My 360 died and I bought a new one but saved the old hard drive. Went back in to level some more annnnd...back to lvl 1 all weapons,animals and treasures gone! =( Sooo..I thought I'd go back and relevel(it's a fun game so I thought 'why not?') but my levels aren't 'saving'. Got it up to level 7 went to the map, said it saved, left the game came back annnnnd back to level 1. I had even unlocked some other characters...alien,peasant farmer plus some bad guys and they're not there either. All that hard work....gone... :roll: My gamertag is the same as my forum name btw.

Well lets see once I lost have the weapons and animal orbs I spent 2 hours getting that sucked

Once I turned the game on and all my data was gone...then I went to dashboard and back into CC and it all came back.....weird

I just discovered this issue, so all my save game data is lost. Also, it won't save any new game data. I had a level 51 red knight with all the animal orbs, and then my console died. I sent it back for replacement. Upon trying to play Castle Crashers on the replacement console with my old hard drive, the game showed me that I had no characters and all the knights were level 1. Although distraught, I decided to start over and play some more. I progressed up to about a level 6 orange knight and stopped playing. When I logged back in later and tried to play some more. I saw that it's at level 1 again, and it keeps doing this. The game is unplayable to me since it can't get anything to save, and I hate that all my previous progress is lost.

Is there any way to get the game to start saving game progress again?

Yeah..it happened to me. :( I was a level 66 green knight with all the animal orbs. My 360 died and I bought a new one but saved the old hard drive. Went back in to level some more annnnd...back to lvl 1 all weapons,animals and treasures gone! =( Sooo..I thought I'd go back and relevel(it's a fun game so I thought 'why not?') but my levels aren't 'saving'. Got it up to level 7 went to the map, said it saved, left the game came back annnnnd back to level 1. I had even unlocked some other characters...alien,peasant farmer plus some bad guys and they're not there either. All that hard work....gone... :roll: My gamertag is the same as my forum name btw.
I just discovered this issue, so all my save game data is lost. Also, it won't save any new game data. I had a level 51 red knight with all the animal orbs, and then my console died. I sent it back for replacement. Upon trying to play Castle Crashers on the replacement console with my old hard drive, the game showed me that I had no characters and all the knights were level 1. Although distraught, I decided to start over and play some more. I progressed up to about a level 6 orange knight and stopped playing. When I logged back in later and tried to play some more. I saw that it's at level 1 again, and it keeps doing this. The game is unplayable to me since it can't get anything to save, and I hate that all my previous progress is lost.

Since you started the game on another box, the profile data is still on it. What you need to do is go to the xbox live website, log in, click the support tab and select "Transfer content licenses from you old console to a new console.", and do what it says. Then delete your CC game and re download it. You will have to start over but now every thing will work as it should.

Sign in to follow this