Sign in to follow this  
skottey

Best place to earn experience and build a character up legit

First of, I DID use the search feature and found one thread with no useful information. So I am starting this one.

I am trying to build a character up legitimately, albeit tediously. Obviously, if you keep playing a level over and over again you can gain experience. But which ones are best? Which ones have the toughest enemies to gain exp fast.

I have found that playing Full Moon over and over again I can gain a level every 3-4 play-throughs. It takes maybe 15-20 minutes for each level increase. The enemies are tough enough and there are enough of them. But is there anyplace to do this more efficiently? Bosses themselves don't seem to give a lot of experience, mainly only treasure and I have 2500+ so I am fine there. I just want legit experience fast.

Any better place to legitimately gain experience faster than Full Moon?

While you are answering, what is your favorite animal and weapon? I am using the giraffe for faster leveling up but in arena Live battle I use chicken or hawk.

When you have 78 and have all skill maxed out, what weapon and animal is best when you go into battle to win in arena? When you have full magic and a weapon says plus 5 magic, does it really give you five more than the max or is it worthless to use weapons that increase skills that are maxed out? Same for animals, can they exceed the max skill?

Thanks for your help in advance. Again... please don't lock my thread. I used the search function and found nothing but a bunch of deleted entries because people were telling of the boomerang trick and other stuff.

I don't understand why people are so rude about the search function. I've had little success with it myself.

I found that the fastest way to level was on the Troll Mother at the end of the Thieves' Forest on Insane mode. Air juggle her and her Small Trolls and you'll get exp at a reasonable clip. The first time I got to her, I died about 8 times before killing her and, if I recall correctly, I leveled from the mid 30's to around 70!

Let's be realistic, though- when all is said and done, is it really more satisfying for you to have spent hours grinding away for experience by beating up the same mundane enemies over and over and over than to have done it in considerably less time with the Boomerang exploit? Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

I don't have a lot of experience with Arena Mode, but in Insane mode, I like to use Hawkster to keep a steady supply of food coming. As for weapon- I really just use what I think looks the coolest at that particular time. I'll use the Fishing Rod occasionally even though the bonuses are negative. There are only a few weapons that stand out as "the best" from a statistical point of view and I find the game to be no more difficult when I use whatever weapon I feel like =) I'm not one of those players that has to be the best of the best- I just like to have fun when I play and sometimes "crappy" weapons are more fun.

Weapon and Animal Orb bonuses will take your stats past the 25 point max, by the way.

What level are you? Me and a friend went from level 30 to 52 in a couple of hours while playing insane mode with the giraffe equipped

I'm like a 67 right now.... I timed one just a bit ago and it was 13 minutes from level up to level up so it isn't that bad. I am on Full Moon in normal mode. I have done part of Insane mode alone but not online with others. I was wondering if Insane mode had you leveling up faster. From what I have played of it, it didn't seem to but I wasn't doing a scientific comparison. It seems like it should but didn't seem like it did.

Thanks for the input.

I don't understand why people are so rude about the search function. I've had little success with it myself.

I found that the fastest way to level was on the Troll Mother at the end of the Thieves' Forest on Insane mode. Air juggle her and her Small Trolls and you'll get exp at a reasonable clip. The first time I got to her, I died about 8 times before killing her and, if I recall correctly, I leveled from the mid 30's to around 70!

Let's be realistic, though- when all is said and done, is it really more satisfying for you to have spent hours grinding away for experience by beating up the same mundane enemies over and over and over than to have done it in considerably less time with the Boomerang exploit? Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

I don't have a lot of experience with Arena Mode, but in Insane mode, I like to use Hawkster to keep a steady supply of food coming. As for weapon- I really just use what I think looks the coolest at that particular time. I'll use the Fishing Rod occasionally even though the bonuses are negative. There are only a few weapons that stand out as "the best" from a statistical point of view and I find the game to be no more difficult when I use whatever weapon I feel like =) I'm not one of those players that has to be the best of the best- I just like to have fun when I play and sometimes "crappy" weapons are more fun.

Weapon and Animal Orb bonuses will take your stats past the 25 point max, by the way.

Thanks for your reply. I'm just trying to get to 78 so I can win some more arena battles. I am getting crushed in there with all the 99s and 256 cheaters, haha. I'm only going to get one character to 78 or higher and pretty much with the others I have beat it with I stop working on them once they have unlocked a character (if applicable) or finished the game.

I see you are in Tampa, I myself am in St. Pete. Know of any other place to buy used games other than the Gamestops? As far as new, it seems like Target, Best Buy, and Gamestop are the only places to buy new these days (except online). Circuit City used to be good. I wish we had Frys down here.

Thanks again.