Sign in to follow this  
Powered by Chicken

Online/matchmaking issues

Official-type thread for Online problems or troubles finding matches.

again, the more we know whats going on, the faster we can fix it, so post any NEW issues here!

did i mention we love you?

LOVE!

your pal,

-kelly

It's impossible to find and keep a match.

What he said. Usually it works for a good while. But usually randomly we get kicked off probably cause the ping dropped severely. And usually the game starts lagging up in short bursts and continues on normally. Then eventually it stops altogether. And pretty much the maximum that keeps it going for a short while is 2 players. If above the game's connection will be lost immediately after a minute or two into the game.

A problem I'm having online is people joining the game even after it's started. For example I created a game and wait for people to join. After 1 or 2 people join we start the game. Then at the character select or shortly after hitting the World Map it'll say "PlayerNameHere has left the game" even though we never saw them in the lobby.

Same thing happens even in private matches. I'll set all slots to private invite my friend and once we've started someone joins the room somehow and he's talking to us over the mic while we're selecting our chars but we don't see him then "PlayerNameHere has left the game."

It's happened to me as well where I join a game that's already started but there's no sign that it's already started. I hit Y to ready the 3, 2, 1 counts down and I go to the loading screen. I can hear other people talking in the room but it sounds like they've already been playing for a few minutes cause they're talking about going to the store and buying potions or killing the boss. I get stuck at the loading screen and have to quit to dashboard.

I bought CC the day it came out and here is what I've experienced with my online issues: Trying to play a game with "quick match" it would search and most of the time is says "the game no longer exists" or, "all players have left the game" or, "no games exist." When it did put me into a game it gets to screen showing you and the other players (up to 4). I would have no issues at this screen. You are waiting for people to click ready and then the counter runs down to start the game. When it starts I would get dropped at this point with one of those messages listed above.

Most of the time quick match doesn't work all that well.

Searching for a custom game: Searching with this option would even come back with one of the above messages or it would find a list of about 8 running games or so. I noticed at this screen that if you don't choose to enter one of these games within about 10 seconds it would kick you out to the main menu (and sometimes freeze my xbox). If I did click to enter 1 of these games, sometimes it would again display a "game no longer exists" message or sometimes I was able to get to the screen waiting for players to go ready.

Now after this point (if I'm able to get this far) it would show loading with a spinning orange "loading screen" and then this would be another point I would get dropped. If I made it past this point, and not be dropped, it goes to the character select screen. Sometimes I would make it here but 1 or 2 of the other players get dropped (playing with 4 players online). If I make it past here the game will normally start at this point at the world map with all the players. You then go to whichever level you want to play. We would be able to play and the next time I would drop would ALWAYS be a point where the next part of a level loads. It may not show a loading screen. What I mean is going from left to right on a level and the screen goes black for a second or 2 then come back up with the next part of this level. This would be the point I would get dropped or other players.

As for hosting my own game: I would have the exact same issues, unless I get lucky.

Now what I have noticed from trying this so many times is that it was normally about the number of players. If I host a game with 3 or 4 players I would drop or 1 or 2 of the other players would drop. If I host, or join, a game with only 2 players (myself and 1 other player) then we could play through the game with NO DROPPING! I was able to play several games for hours with no dropping issues if it was only 2 players. Whether we started with 2 players or 4 players and 2 dropped, it didn't seem to matter. If the end result was only 2 players I didn't seem to have dropping issues.

It is still hard to get into a game though however even if searching for 2 player slots only. Once you start with 2 players I had much better luck.

Hosting a game with only 2 players total worked pretty well for me.

I have a 3mbps cable connection running thru cable modem that goes into a Linksys wireless router. NAT is open and I have no issues playing any other game over xbox live (besides the normal lag here and there with those games). No other computers were eating up bandwidth when having CC issues.

Sorry this is a long post but you asked to try to be specific :)

Hope this helps. Feel free to ask any questions.

BTW I used to do tech support for Apple so I'm all about cause and effect, analyze, isolate and resolve.

Guest OneDeadlyBum

I can't join any public games.

I am playing behind a router, I have DMZ enabled for my Xbox 360 so it shouldn't be a port issue.

Basically what happens is I select quick match (doesn't matter what mode or how many players) and it sits on "looking for games" for about 10 seconds, then stops and says "game is no longer available" or "all players have left".

Another thing that happens is it'll actually join a game, but the game is full - I can hear the 4 players talking, and within seconds the game stops responding to input. The background animation still plays and the game doesn't seem to have locked up, but I can't press or do anything. I have to exit to the dashboard and restart the game.

If I create a game, no matter how long it stays open, nobody joins.

However, if I "join a session in progress" through my friends list or get invited into a game by one of my friends, it works fine for the most part. Sometimes the game will start lagging really bad (it gets choppy and is slow to respond to input) and then just drop everybody from the game, losing all progress since the last time our party was at the map. There isn't any real pattern to it, we could be with any amount of players on any stage and it just happens randomly.

I'm not sure what other information you could use. I can e-mail or PM my exact network setup (router, ISP, all hardware involved, etc) if it's requested, or anything else you might need to know.

I've never even played online once :!::!::!: the second the game starts i get kick off, that is if i can even find a game after 10 minutes of waiting

im not shure if this was intended, but in a ranked match, i can boot people out by pressing x, now i no this might be cheating, but i usualy use it to play one person in a 4 person match up. 4 person matchup finds people faster, then i boot the last 2, now since there is an option of only 2 people, i didnt think it was all that bad, now the bad part, if i highlight my own username, i can press x, and boot myself? but it puts me into the knight select mode, and i cant select a knight? it just kinda glitches?

doubt anyone elce is experiencing this problem, its not something people can run into easly, but its a glitch, mostlikly not intended to be in there,

also, when are you getting more troll t-shirts? i really really really want one!

wmaxham- Which ranked mode are you playing for this issue? AYCQ or Arena?

everyone- thanks for the awesome deetails. this really helps us out! (especially YOU BehemothChicken- you WIN at giving us info!!)

We will fix it for you and then we can all play online and bash in the bad guys as a big happy family! hooray! i like exclamation points!! :!: ! :!:

:arrow:

kelly

I have tried many times to connect online now and every single time except once it didn't work.

First when I tried to play online and tried to use Quick match, I would always get the message "This game no longer exists" didn't matter if it was Castle Crashers, Arena(ranked or player) or All You Can Quaff.

If I tried Custom Match, usually I get "This game no longer exists" but occasionally I'd get a list of games usually with 150ms+ ping(not surprising though, I am from Iceland)

Now if I try to connect the game starts try to connect and then it either says "The players has already left" or "This game no longer exists"

Now when I tried to create a match I was able to finally start a game and we could finally play a little, there wasn't much noticeable lag but after awhile the other play dropped. Now since we had just been killed, I'm not really sure if he quit or the game dropped so that might have nothing to do with the issue.

So having only two playing seems to work just fine but getting into a game is really bothersome.

Now I've been trying it again up late and Quick match still does the same thing but when I select custom match and try to connect to a game, I will get the loading screen and the game freezes and my 360 with it. I have to reboot the console to get it working again.

So yeah that's what happens when I try to play online. I haven't experienced any data loss from trying though, which is good.

Like to close by saying, I love the game and once Online matches have been fixed I'll love it even more. :)

- X

I'm having all the same issues as Chicken. In addition to that...

I was playing on lava world with a friend of mine. Just before you get to the gate where you have to use a sandwich, I saw him attacking when there were no enemies. He was fighting 3 enemies on his screen that I couldn't see. Once we got though the gate and the first wave came, he didn't see the 4 enemies I saw. At one point I saw 2 and he saw 4. When I defeated the last one I could see, he said there was still one left and it was attacking me. My health wasn't moving on my screen, but as soon as it ran out on his, the game crashed and I got the game no longer available.

wmaxham- Which ranked mode are you playing for this issue? AYCQ or Arena?

everyone- thanks for the awesome deetails. this really helps us out! (especially YOU BehemothChicken- you WIN at giving us info!!)

We will fix it for you and then we can all play online and bash in the bad guys as a big happy family! hooray! i like exclamation points!! :!: ! :!:

:arrow:

kelly

Yeah, im in the same crazy online glitch boat as BehemothChicken :(

Guest WillSci

I have pretty good success creating my own matches (3 player Arena, 2 player AYCQ). People join in 10-60 seconds most of the time. Quick Match almost never works for me (Arena, AYCQ). Custom Match works pretty well, as long as I select a match pretty quickly; I go for the lowest ping. It makes sense that matches get filled quickly so search results will expire quickly. What does NOT make sense is that when I Create a match, I don't see it filled for 30+ seconds... I originally suspected Quick Match fails because there aren't enough available matches. That is probably not true, but people are probably being matched multiple times for the one match and most are left out, while other matches remain available.

My real gripe though is how the game handles players leaving early. If it's 3 or 4 players I don't care if one or two people leave. It happens, and I still have a match to continue with the last guy. But if he leaves, then what? Say I'm about to beat him in a ranked match, but he quits to prevent me from scoring another win. I highly suspect these intentional quits are happening, as I always see the guy pause for a few seconds while he opens the Dashboard before the game ends. I never see this happen when I'm losing. I do have games end in the middle of the action so I know when people aren't just quitting.

When someone drops intentionally I would rather see the game continue to the results screen and still award the win. I don't know if there is a way to properly detect this though, and I don't expect every online game drop to award wins to whoever was leading.

I would rather see the game save problems get fixed first, but I'm sure that's already the priority.

My issue is in connecting with the game via xbox live. When I try to play a game over xbox live I get a message saying "that profile does not have permission"

When I first tried to play online on release night this issue didnt happen I just couldnt find any game using quick match. Now I cant even get past the main menu.

Any help would be greatly welcomed.

I am having the same issue as xtrife. When I try to connect to a quick match I will get the loading screen and the game freezes. I can't shut the xbox down unless I press the button on the xbox. So I basically bought the game and haven't been able to play it but the 10 mins where I did get connected but then got booted. Can't wait for the patch.

I've stopped trying to play it online at all, nothing works ...everytime you get lucky enough to actually get into a game it never lasts because you get booted, and i've never gotten the arena to work at all, I played one game of all you can quaff that actually wen't all the way through but that just wasn't that much fun, the games I have played with three or four people online have been alot of fun but you just get dropped for no apparent reason.

Guest MEGAFATBOY

I find this: IMPOSSIBLE for me to JOIN a match, but if i host one, everything is fine.

It comes up with a list of players. i choose one. I wait as it says please wait at the top but then it says game no longer availible.... I try againn the list comes up and the same guy is still there so I pick a different one and I get same message. I have never played an online match in castle crashers :cry:

i agree with all of Behemoth_Chicken 's info on the 5th post or so. i keep trying to play online because it is most fun, but often times the xbox freezes or it says 'game is no longer available' or something similar. i hope very much it will be fixed soon, because this game is ultimately the best xbl arcade title to ever grace the machine. a new patch or update which fixes these online and game-save issues would be key within the next month, but i understand there may need to be a server update and big spending $$$ for the independent game industry that brought this game about. best of luck, my frustration has been cast aside in hopes of a soon-to-be-fix <3

It seems to me that players online are divided into some kind of group.

The reason I say this is because some individuals can play Arena without a hitch.

Others such as myself will occasionally get 1 or 2 open rooms if I preform a ranked custom match search. (I prefer to play 1v1)

These searches always have the same people in them, I know there is more than 12 people playing Castle Crashers at a time. For instance, I was matched up with the same player 3 times in a row.

i also have pretty much all the same probles as behemoth_chicken, but on top of that when in character selection i only get to pick the first 4 knights @ level 1.

someone would have mentoined this before but i honestly can't be bothered reading EVERYTHING

i know the problem with rooms randomly closing has been mentioned

but sometimes it says "You Got Kicked" when i was on ranked and made the room

has that just got something to do with the rooms randomly closing??

Oh also, i had the same problem with trying to play the main game online with 1 other person D:

okay, so i used to be able to play with anyone, anytime. sometimes laggy and i didn't always get into a game, but still worked.

yesterday, i couldn't play at all, with anyone. it always said 'game no longer available'. on one occasion, i was able to get into one game, but after trying to go into a level the dreaded 'game no longer available' showed up again. :( anyone else have this problem like i do?

PS: no, it's not my connection because i can play other games online just fine, and on my dashboard it shows that my connection is excellent.