Sign in to follow this  
Chris

Scribblenauts

Scribblenauts, you say?

scribblenauts-cow-screenshot.jpg

Any of you who followed Nintendo's stuff at E3 will know about this, but for those of you who don't, allow me to explain ;)

So, there are 200 scenarios to beat in this game, all of increasing difficulty. The objective is to complete the scenario using words. Yhup, thats right, words

Words, you say? How does that work then? Well, whenever you type something in it will appear in the scenario and react with it's surroundings. At E3 many tested their vocabulary in an attempt to find a noun that wasn't included in the game

scribblenauts.jpg

Even memes have been included in this game! Longcat and Keyboard cat were both found at the playtest at E3 :D I can't imagine this game lasting long, but its a nice puzzler, that has tons of re-playability value. Its a recommended buy, if you're after something really different

I know I'll be getting it :D

EDIT

Release dates are expected as follows:

> USA: 15th September 2009 (originally 30th September)

> EU: 9th October 2009 (formerly 30th October)

Videos:

EDIT II

Contest time! This will be a challenge of who can come up with the most outrageous solution to the first level, which I'm sure most of you are familiar with ;)

scribblenauts_lvl1.jpg

The idea is to use a variety of items to collect the Starite hanging in the tree

Here are some of the more hilarious ones I've come across so far:

> Blow the Tree up

> Have a Dragon fly you up to the top of the Tree

And my favourite at the moment:

Spawn a Unicycle.

Have a Panda balance upon the Unicycle, and another Panda upon his shoulders.

Then have Maxwell jump on top of the Pandas using a Jetpack, and give him a Top-Hat.

Glue a 2x4 plank of wood onto the Top-Hat to knock the Starite out of the Tree and collect it!

I will be updating the first post regularly with newer entries that are deemed hilarious too

So get thinking of some maur awesome ways to get that Starite down from the Tree and post em' here!

EDIT III

So now there are quite a few people who own this game (over in America anyway), and I'm sure that many of you who have it don't really need much help with it right?

However, for the newbies out there, I've decided to compile a list of useful tips and tricks that may come in handy

(And it's open to suggestions too!)

Tips:

Many animals are hostile towards Maxwell, such as the Dragon and Cthulu. However, it can be easy to manipulate them into doing your bidding through the magic of repellent. Simply spray them, wake them back up and they're yours! (Although the Griffin is an exception to this)...Also, a Mind Control Device also works just as well as Repellent

Bombs in your way? Enemies too close to an important item? Need to know how to get rid of them? Of course there are plenty of ways, but none of them quite as effective as a Black Hole. Sure its no fun, but if you've been trying a level for the millionth time this is always a great back-up plan. Simply spawn the Hole and place it close to anything that must be removed

Getting to an awkward lever, with only a par of 2 or 3 items can be tough. Although if you feel like breezing through the level with no intention of actually trying ( :roll: ) then you can easily spawn an Engineer! Its easy, simply spawn him and place him next to the switch, and he will hack it. this also opens all doors blocking your way in a level too

It's pretty much the retarded cousin of Crayon Physics Deluxe. (Which is way cooler)
I might disagree if I knew what it was :lol:

I've never heard of it

It's pretty much the retarded cousin of Crayon Physics Deluxe. (Which is way cooler)
I might disagree if I knew what it was :lol:

I've never heard of it

Crayon physics.

Draw shapes, get a ball from point A to B.

Shapes are physics enabled.

Scribblenauts will be the poop! I am definitely getting this, and the Nintendo conference at E3 was a little hard to get through.

Here's a video of a game that shares the same concept of creativity as Scribblenauts.

Crayon Physics Deluxe

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295">

Here's a video of a game that shares the same concept of creativity as Scribblenauts.

Crayon Physics Deluxe

I've played a game like that on the internet. It does share the same concept, but that looks a little simple; if I'm honest
No. Oh it and doesn't recognize proper nouns.
What are 'proper nouns'? How are they different from regular nouns? :lol:

Crayon Physics Deluxe

I've played a game like that on the internet. It does share the same concept, but that looks a little simple; if I'm honest

Scribblenauts isn''t simple?

Input word>solve puzzle>???>Profit!

Not only is CPD challenging, it's as complicated as your knowledge of physics is!

I remember the original playground physics, the prototype was awesome. And the deluxe version improved on it dramatically.

Scribblenauts sounds like an interesting game, unfortunately I don't own a DS, or intend to own one. :|

Gametrrailers tried it, they say it even knows what a waffleIron is!

Who is making this, Ninetendo or 3rd party?

3rd party; 5th Cell

They're the ones responsible for those terrible 'Drawn to Life' games, but this looks to be their first successful game

You're brit.

You guys made the english language.

Anyways.

McDonalds, Michael Jackson, Billy Mays, Naruto, Bleach, Tokyo, they're all proper nouns.

You're brit.

Anyways.

McDonalds, Michael Jackson, Billy Mays, Naruto, Bleach, Tokyo, they're all proper nouns.

I beg to differ, a noun is a word used to name something

For example Chair is a noun, Table is a noun. Names like Michael Jackson and McDonalds aren't nouns they're names. I know it might sound stupid but we've always considered nouns to name inanimate objects over here, and names are actually names and not nouns. Tokyo is not an inanimate object, nor is Michael Jackson :lol: I suppose you could say a McDonalds is inanimate, but they're all named after Mr. McDonald, the founder of McDonalds

Anyway, back on topic. When this game is released I'll be creating a list of the really obscure things you can create in Scribblenauts...like Longcat, which I'm really looking forward to seeing in game :lol:

For example Chair is a noun, Table is a noun. Names like Michael Jackson and McDonalds aren't nouns they're names. I know it might sound stupid but we've always considered nouns to name inanimate objects over here, and names are actually names and not nouns. Tokyo is not an inanimate object, nor is Michael Jackson :lol: I suppose you could say a McDonalds is inanimate, but they're all named after Mr. McDonald, the founder of McDonalds

Anyway, back on topic. When this game is released I'll be creating a list of the really obscure things you can create in Scribblenauts...like Longcat, which I'm really looking forward to seeing in game :lol:

"Proper nouns are the names of individual people, places, titles, calendar times, etc..

eg: Janet; Simon; London; The President; Tuesday.

Proper nouns are always written with a capital letter. Nouns which are not written with a capital letter do not refer to the name of an individual person or thing and are called common nouns."

-http://www.usingenglish.com/glossary/proper-noun.html :P

You're brit.

Anyways.

Names like Chris [LastName] are proper nouns.

So are names of places like England, and things like the Great Wall of China.

Nouns are the names of a person, place or thing.

Then it gets condensed to proper nouns, common nouns, countable nouns, uncountable nouns, concrete nouns, and abstract nouns, and collective nouns, as well as pronouns.

A proper noun is just a noun. So if you type in Airplane to scribblenauts, you can't type in F14 tomcat. Understand?

Then it gets condensed to proper nouns, common nouns, countable nouns, uncountable nouns, concrete nouns, and abstract nouns, and collective nouns, as well as pronouns.

A proper noun is just a noun. So if you type in Airplane to scribblenauts, you can't type in F14 tomcat. Understand?

I understood in the first place

Its just that we don't bother with formal names like proper nouns and regular nouns, and that's why I didn't recognise the difference; we're taught the same thing in different ways

For example, Airplane is a noun, but F14 Tomcat is a name

Just because we're taught the same thing differently doesn't mean I don't understand :|

Now can we get back on topic?

I understood in the first place

Its just that we don't bother with formal names like proper nouns and regular nouns, and that's why I didn't recognise the difference; we're taught the same thing in different ways

For example, Airplane is a noun, but F14 Tomcat is a name

Just because we're taught the same thing differently doesn't mean I don't understand :|

Now can we get back on topic?

Can Scribblenauts make ax's?

Or all your base are belong to us?

Can Scribblenauts make ax's?

Or all your base are belong to us?

I haz no idea, we can only wait and see

Until then we can just speculate...Dyuu reckon Mudkipz will be there?

I'm expecting Monorail Cat, if Longcat and Keyboard Cat are there then Monorail Cat is essential :lol: