Sign in to follow this  
SND Zag1

Did you play this game?

I sure didn't. :D

Ok, bear with me, this post actually has some content. The first part was mostly a joke. In all seriousness, I played the trial of this game, and I could just not get into it. I tried multiple times, and failed miserably. It may have to do with the fact that I am just not skilled in these kinds of games.

Anyway, I always loved the art style and the concept, it's one of those games I loved from a distance.. Kind of like the lunchlady at school. You'd never want to get caught together, but you long to gaze lovingly into-- Err, wait.

This is a good time to end this post.

Any one else not really get to play this game as much as they probably should of? I'm really here because I think CC is going to blow my socks off. If I played while I wore socks, anyway...

Yeah a lot of people had difficulty with the demo and the game but in the real game I believe you can set the difficulty lower than the trial (though I didn't), its not that bad and I like having to play through a few times.

And I think Dan Paladin's art style is awesome. And his last name...

To answer your topic question, I've played this game tons.

The difficulty when I first found the flash game got me, but once I started jumping and shooting down the flash got easy.

Also, the trial is harder than the real thing, because you can adjust the difficulty on the real thing so you get more lives and such.

I sure didn't. :D

Ok, bear with me, this post actually has some content. The first part was mostly a joke. In all seriousness, I played the trial of this game, and I could just not get into it. I tried multiple times, and failed miserably. It may have to do with the fact that I am just not skilled in these kinds of games.

Anyway, I always loved the art style and the concept, it's one of those games I loved from a distance.. Kind of like the lunchlady at school. You'd never want to get caught together, but you long to gaze lovingly into-- Err, wait.

This is a good time to end this post.

Any one else not really get to play this game as much as they probably should of? I'm really here because I think CC is going to blow my socks off. If I played while I wore socks, anyway...

I actually sucked at this game up till tonight.

I realized I was playing on hard, set it to easy, and almost beat the game!

After you play on easy, its much more practical to step up to normal and hard, that way you get the hang of it, and get the controls down.

Deff worth a buy!

I actually sucked at this game up till tonight.

I realized I was playing on hard, set it to easy, and almost beat the game!

After you play on easy, its much more practical to step up to normal and hard, that way you get the hang of it, and get the controls down.

Deff worth a buy!

That is pretty funny :lol:

I did that on devil may cry. I was playing off of a friends save data and I was in dante must die mode and I didnt' know it. I thought that game was f'n impossible till he told me I wasn't on normal.

I played this game on the flash version even before I knew about Newgrounds. I found it incredibly hard because I didn't know all of the controls. I recently just bought AH:HD, and I'm finally getting the hang of it now knowing of the controls and the tips on the loading screens help a lot. I wish there was more achievements though. I almost beat the game. I'm currently at the third world, so I'm going to keep on going.

i thought they should of made a 'ultra hard' mode because after playing it on the gamecube then playing it on the xbox i flew through it fast and hard just felt the same :|

i hope castle crashers is alot harder

Guest Blobfish

I've played it a shitload. When I first got AH for the PS2, I played it for about three hours and beat it. Then I beat it like ten more times. It's still my favorite game.

Also, the Flash version sucks balloon. I'm almost able to beat the last boss on hard mode without dying on the PS2, but I can't get past the second boss in the Flash version.

And I think Dan Paladin's art style is awesome. And his last name...

haha same..wonder if he can bubble hearth in real life..

I've played it, but briefly. I believe it's a lot like Metal Slug, and I'm a.) not all that great a shmups and b.) I feel guilty for increasing lives or lowering difficulty in shmups because I feel like I'm missing the point.

I've played it, but briefly. I believe it's a lot like Metal Slug, and I'm a.) not all that great a shmups and b.) I feel guilty for increasing lives or lowering difficulty in shmups because I feel like I'm missing the point.

I don't think setting down the difficulty in shoot 'em ups takes away from the point. I think the point of most is just to have fun killing stuff. Alien Hominid IMO is just for the pure enjoyment of hand drawn fun and gore, not to see who is the best shoot 'em up player.

bought it a few months ago, while waiting on Castle Crashers. I missed the game the first time it was released on XBLA. the game is indeed hard. I regret not getting the game at release because there is no one playing this online anymore.

Great game. got to finish it at easy, now working on finishing it at normal.

got a question, if I just play the last level (boss) on normal and beat it, will I get the achievement for finishing the game on normal or do I have to replay all levels on normal to get the achievement ?

bought it a few months ago, while waiting on Castle Crashers. I missed the game the first time it was released on XBLA. the game is indeed hard. I regret not getting the game at release because there is no one playing this online anymore.

got a question, if I just play the last level (boss) on normal and beat it, will I get the achievement for finishing the game on normal or do I have to replay all levels on normal to get the achievement ?

You can do just the last level, but then you will miss all the hats; unless, you look at a guide of which level and which difficulties to get them from.

I don't think setting down the difficulty in shoot 'em ups takes away from the point. I think the point of most is just to have fun killing stuff. Alien Hominid IMO is just for the pure enjoyment of hand drawn fun and gore, not to see who is the best shoot 'em up player.

Depends...many console shmups offer an infinite continue option. While sure, I might have more fun that way, most shmups aren't very long and get most of their length through being difficult and requiring you to learn the levels.

For example, I own Metal Slug X for the Playstation and, by default, the game allows you to continue (as if you were putting more quarters in) whenever you lose all your lives, essentially allowing you to never die or get a game over. And sure, I beat it like that and had fun, but the game took probably about an hour to beat. I could limit myself to 3 lives and force myself to get a game over, but I often don't enjoy having to start at level 1 and play through all the levels again so I can start memorizing the level I died on.

AH may have a save system (I don't know), but it's still the memorization part I dislike. In the end, I could put it on easy or something and most likely beat it in a short amount of time (unless this is just an oddly long shmup), but I would probably stop there as that's how far my enjoyment would reach because I would probably get too aggravated with higher difficulties, making it hard for me to spend money on it when there are other types of games I enjoy more.

Such a long post for mostly a personal opinion...

I bought Alien Hominid like the week it came out, but it is a pretty hard game, mainly cos your cant see the damn bullets ¬_¬ But yer, i also have metal slug 3 on arcade, which has basically the same gameplay and that's awesome so i seem to like those kinda games, although alien hominid does get on my tits.

Alien Hominid was the first shmup i played since Contra. Yes, the original Contra. So I was garbage when I first started, but the more you play the easier it gets. While this is true for most games, I feel that it is a major point with Alien Hominid. Once you get used to how the characters moves and shoot, the game becomes a lot easier.

But still expect to die a lot. I played the entire game through easy setting the first time I played it, now I usually play on normal for fun and hard if I want a challenge.

I bought AH for the gamecube. I saw it on a gameinformer page and it looked fun, especially because it played like metal slug (which is one of my favorite arcade games). I didn't buy it for xbla, though. I might look into it when I have some leftover money to spend. ;)

You can do just the last level, but then you will miss all the hats; unless, you look at a guide of which level and which difficulties to get them from.

What're hats? Like, power-ups? Or just cool things to wear?

whats everyones favorite hats?

right now im really liking the rooster thing, but i switch between that and the yellow shark fin and the goggles

right now im really liking the rooster thing, but i switch between that and the yellow shark fin and the goggles

I really like the Vietnamese looking hat or the jester hat. I'm leaning toward the jester hat atm.

I really like the Vietnamese looking hat or the jester hat. I'm leaning toward the jester hat atm.

I like the brown spikey hair, original ;)