Roy-G-Biv

The Anime & Manga Club~

The only new show that's been holding my interest lately is Shirobako. It's an anime about making anime. Can't get much more meta than that

The only new show that's been holding my interest lately is Shirobako. It's an anime about making anime. Can't get much more meta than that

Bakuman is pretty similar, only it's about making manga instead. Also, for anyone who enjoyed Tokyo Ghoul, Tokyo Ghoul √A (season 2) started.

Anyone watching Tokyo Ghoul? :3

I've been meaning to, but haven't got around to it. Any good?

Yeah, it's pretty good. It has some pacing issues, though, and if you've read the manga, it cuts a lot of it out.

Anyone watching Tokyo Ghoul? :3

I've been meaning to, but haven't got around to it. Any good?

Yeah, it's pretty good. It has some pacing issues, though, and if you've read the manga, it cuts a lot of it out.

I haven't read the manga, and it's an excellent anime. I did need to go on the wiki to get some things explained to me though. I highly suggest everyone watch it. Well, at least watch the first episode.

I swear this happens every time I talk about an anime I'm watching

Yeah that happens a lot on the internet. I don't think we're as bad here (not in the thread, at least).

Also I finished Deadman Wonderland yesterday. It was okay. I feel like the story was rushed in order to fit it into the 12 episodes it got. If it was a 25 episode series it might have sold better than it did. The story covered in those 12 episodes isn't great either. The first few episodes are a great set-up, but the rest of the series fails to deliver...

Catchy intro, though:

Yeah that happens a lot on the internet. I don't think we're as bad here (not in the thread, at least).

I swear this happens every time I talk about an anime I'm watching

Also I finished Deadman Wonderland yesterday. It was okay. I feel like the story was rushed in order to fit it into the 12 episodes it got. If it was a 25 episode series it might have sold better than it did. The story covered in those 12 episodes isn't great either. The first few episodes are a great set-up, but the rest of the series fails to deliver...

Catchy intro, though:

Sounds like a Japanese version of Linkin Park 

Catchy intro, though:

Read the manga. It's a lot better than the anime. The anime isn't bad, it's just far from finished cuz it's only 12 episodes. Also, that opening is easily in my top five favorites.

Read the manga. It's a lot better than the anime. The anime isn't bad, it's just far from finished cuz it's only 12 episodes. Also, that opening is easily in my top five favorites.

I was probably being a bit harsh when I said the story covered wasn't great. What I mean is that the story was much to rushed  for me to really care about any of it. It was clear there's a solid story somewhere...just not in the anime.  :-P

Also I'm glad I decided to give Space Dandy another chance yesterday. I'm enjoying it a lot more this time around.

Catchy intro, though:

Personally never watched Deadman Wonderland but I read it. Honestly though I never thought it was all that great. It gets especially worse in the ending arcs.

Is this basically Evangelion?

nsfw

That's, like, the first 5 minutes waaay over-dramatized. You'd better actually watch the damn show and not spoil everything for yourself.

And to go off on a tangent, I don't understand why so many people hate Shinji.

(Vague spoilers, aka no ICPM3 allowed)

Almost everyone dismisses him as annoying and whiny, and that pisses me off so much because it makes me think those people don't care enough to understand WHY he's the way he is. After all, Evangelion isn't so much about the story as it is about the characters, so when people call the original ending stupid and anticlimactic it annoys me in the same way because it IS climactic. It makes me think those people don't actually dislike the show, they're just not putting in the effort to try and understand it. I will say that I liked EoE a lot more than the original ending, but both were brilliant. But to get back to my original point, Shinji comes off as "whiny" for a reason, and to hate him just for that without trying to look into his character is just closed-minded. Episode 16, 20, 25 and 26 are the best episodes of the show because they devote themselves to explaining Shinji on a super deep level. They go through all of his thoughts and all of his relationships to the other characters and do everything they possibly can to help the viewer understand him. If you ignore those segments or just don't care enough to try and connect with him, then that's all your fault as the viewer. He's not a badly-written character at all, he's just a unique and complicated protagonist in a very character-driven show. I'll be fine if you put in the effort to fully understand his character and still just downright hate him, but if you say you hate him for being whiny and annoying then I can't respect your shallow and unfair opinion.

Edited by GoldenGhost

whoops

in other news I decided to watch Full Metal Alchemist (at least the first 10 episodes or so) and I have to say the following,

-2edgy4me

-I can't tell if the flashback has ended it's been like 5 episodes now i'd watch the end and they're still 14/13

-I feel like the "give something of equal value" has been thrown out the window only until it comes to anything human related

Edited by I can't play Mother 3
  • Upvote 1

Tokyo Ghoul is more enjoyable than I thought it would be. 6 Episodes in and it's still holding my interest. 

Also, new trailer for the new DragonBall movie!

'dat Golden Frieza tho

Tokyo Ghoul is more enjoyable than I thought it would be. 6 Episodes in and it's still holding my interest. 

Season one or two? Cuz I'm five episodes into √A, and I have no idea what's going on plot-wise.

Season one or two? Cuz I'm five episodes into √A, and I have no idea what's going on plot-wise.

I assume the first one, since I didn't even know there was a second season. I'm guessing there's a lot of backstory you'd need to know from the first season given the amount of crazy stuff that happens in it.

Good to know they made a second season already.  :-)

I assume the first one, since I didn't even know there was a second season. I'm guessing there's a lot of backstory you'd need to know from the first season given the amount of crazy stuff that happens in it.

Good to know they made a second season already.  :-)

Yeah, it's ongoing right now. It's also a simulcast, so dub fans can enjoy it in English right away. They didn't dub the first season at all, though, so that's kind of weird, and I don't exactly like Todd Haberkorn for Ayato, but eh...

Ah, right. Tokyo Ghoul was recently added to the FUNimation app, I might check it out. I finished Haganai and currently marathoning My Bride is a Mermaid and Cowboy Bebop. I dunno why I keep stopping the marathon on Cowboy Bebop, I shouldn't.

See ya space cowboy...

I read the manga for Tokyo Ghoul and aparently the anime butchered the manga. I rather enjoyed Tokyo Ghoul as it honestly shows psychology fairly well for a manga. Crazy character aren't just "ellllelelell soooo craaaazy I'm gonna stab u up and drink yo blood" they actually have reasons for doing what they do. Also the main characters transformation throughout the manga is really well done.