Roy-G-Biv

The Anime & Manga Club~

Just recently received a shipment containing the first three volumes of One Punch Man and Tokyo Ghoul, and I can't wait to read them (once I'm finally done with like thirty other books I have!).

• Upvote 2

I either never started or stopped watching most of what I was planning on keeping up with this season, so now I'm just watching Owarimonogatari and Yuru Yuri S3.

I've also been watching Detective Conan on and off for the past couple of years and finally finished episode 100. I really hope Aoyama ends it soon. It's surprisingly good for the format it uses, but you can only go so long without progressing the plot at all. 

Hype Is Not Crash

I like that they're changing the art style again. :-)
  • Upvote 1

I'm excited about Kizumonogatari, there's a showing of the movie only 20 minutes from me and it's on a saturday next month.

It's basically a three part movie about the origins of the anime series, the very beginning how the MC became a vampire, and the time he spends with another character. I don't know if anyone particularly follows the series that much, aside from Golden Ghost I recommended to a long time ago.  

• Upvote 1

I'm excited about Kizumonogatari, there's a showing of the movie only 20 minutes from me and it's on a saturday next month.

It's basically a three part movie about the origins of the anime series, the very beginning how the MC became a vampire, and the time he spends with another character. I don't know if anyone particularly follows the series that much, aside from Golden Ghost I recommended to a long time ago.

K I Z U M O N O G A T A R I B O Y S

I'm hoping to see it on the 27th, it's being shown in Seattle. Pretty excited although I should really catch up on the show, I've missed the past couple segments

• Upvote 1

K I Z U M O N O G A T A R I B O Y S

I'm hoping to see it on the 27th, it's being shown in Seattle. Pretty excited although I should really catch up on the show, I've missed the past couple segments

HYES! 

It's being sold at Fandango right now for 15 bucks, i'm hoping to catch a ticket by this weekend when I get paid. 

I've been pretty behind as well, I was last on Kanbarus series arc, which I believe is followed by owarimonogari IIRC.

Got around to watching One Punch Man, and I thought it was pretty great. Probably about a 7.5/10. Each episode was exciting and entertaining on its own and the tension definitely built up over the course of the show. Lots of fun humor as well, and every episode had some pretty awesome and beautifully-animated action. My only real complaint is that the last episode spent so much time foreshadowing events in the second season (there'd better be a second season btw) that it sort of detracted from the quality of the season's conclusion. Things look pretty good so far though. I can definitely see why this show caught a lot of attention while it was airing.

Time to watch Space Dandy season 2

Got around to watching One Punch Man, and I thought it was pretty great. Probably about a 7.5/10. Each episode was exciting and entertaining on its own and the tension definitely built up over the course of the show. Lots of fun humor as well, and every episode had some pretty awesome and beautifully-animated action. My only real complaint is that the last episode spent so much time foreshadowing events in the second season (there'd better be a second season btw) that it sort of detracted from the quality of the season's conclusion. Things look pretty good so far though. I can definitely see why this show caught a lot of attention while it was airing.

Yes there will be a season 2 of One Punch Man rumored to be released around November or December.

Also the creator said "Murata Yusuke (Creator of 'One Punch Man' Series) told, 'TheBitBag' that he is already working on 'One Punch Man Season'. So this won't be another 'Attack on Titan Season 2' situation for you, guys."

Source: http://www.crossmap.com/news/one-punch-man-season-2-premiere-date-news-and-spoilers-saitama-to-have-a-new-enemy-murata-yusuke-already-started-working-on-season-2-24228

Also they were only contracted for 12 episodes, so I would say it is better to set up for season 2 than trying to rush through everything. I don't watch a lot of anime and when I do I don't normally finish it, however I actually finished One Punch and gladly sit through 100 more episodes because it was great.  

• Upvote 1

I like to think that the main appeal of OPM is that it is comically over-the-top, and yes the animation is very, very beautiful. 

From the fight scenes, to even

Saitama getting frustrated about the fly and trying to squish it.

• Upvote 1

Also they were only contracted for 12 episodes, so I would say it is better to set up for season 2 than trying to rush through everything. I don't watch a lot of anime and when I do I don't normally finish it, however I actually finished One Punch and gladly sit through 100 more episodes because it was great.

Oh yeah I definitely agree that the show should be split up into multiple seasons, and I could totally dig another 100 episodes if it went on for that long. I just thought the arrangement of stuff towards the end got kinda funky. Like the final battle really lasted three episodes, which is cool, but they got so much action out of the way before the last episode that all that was left for most of the characters was just chit-chat about teasers. They could've dropped teasers in the last two minutes after the battle had finished and that would've been cool, but switching between Saitama's super-awesome-intense battle and "hey better watch out for this guy next season amirite" sorta dampened the mood. Anyways that's just a small thing I didn't like. It was all-in-all a pretty good ending.

On a side note, I just finished Space Dandy and wowee that was some crazy stuff. I'd say the entire show as a whole gets a 9/10 from me; it's exciting, it's action-packed, it's hilarious, and it's breathtaking. I had watched Cowboy Bebop recently and out of the two I actually think I like Space Dandy more... Only a small handful of its episodes were weird or boring to me; they're all pretty amazing for the most part. The ending was awesome as well, it ranks up there with Gurren Lagann in terms of high-octane over-the-top action and a total visual bombardment of awesomeness. This show definitely deserves a rewatch at some point in the future.

Now I've gotta find something else to watch... any recommendations?

• Upvote 1

On a side note, I just finished Space Dandy and wowee that was some crazy stuff. I'd say the entire show as a whole gets a 9/10 from me; it's exciting, it's action-packed, it's hilarious, and it's breathtaking. I had watched Cowboy Bebop recently and out of the two I actually think I like Space Dandy more... Only a small handful of its episodes were weird or boring to me; they're all pretty amazing for the most part. The ending was awesome as well, it ranks up there with Gurren Lagann in terms of high-octane over-the-top action and a total visual bombardment of awesomeness. This show definitely deserves a rewatch at some point in the future.

Space Dandy rocks. Not a dull moment from start to finish in that show. :-) 

Hey anyone watching Gintama at the moment? How about that Shogun Assassination arc eh? Pretty crazy stuff.

• Upvote 1

Space Dandy rocks. Not a dull moment from start to finish in that show. :-) 

Hey anyone watching Gintama at the moment? How about that Shogun Assassination arc eh? Pretty crazy stuff.

I really want to get into that show, but it seems kinda difficult. I have trouble watching shows with 100+ episodes for the most part, though I didn't have any problems with Hunter X Hunter, I think the pacing was great for that show. 

Watched Persona3: Falling Down earlier today. Though it cut some scenes short, I feel like it help up pretty well, having played the game. I feel as though the more these movies continue, the more they assume you have played the game, which is fair considering the target audience here. It does make showing these movies to my friends a bit difficult, being the only SMT/Persona fan out of my friend group.

So has anybody watched anything interesting lately? Anything you're looking forward too?

It dawned on me recently that Jojo part 4 starts next week and I haven't watched Stardust Crusaders S2 yet so I've gotta finish that. I've also heard good things about My Hero Academia so maybe that'll be worth checking out. Before now though I was watching Samurai Champloo, I only made it 6 episodes in though :/ Definitely like what I've watched though, I'd really like to finish it but there's just too much anime and not enough time

I'd really like to finish it but there's just too much anime and not enough time

Same here. All I've been watching recently is Gintama since there aren't really any new shows that have grabbed my interest.

But new Jojo & Berserk this year, yeah! Super excited for those.

So has anybody watched anything interesting lately? Anything you're looking forward too?

It dawned on me recently that Jojo part 4 starts next week and I haven't watched Stardust Crusaders S2 yet so I've gotta finish that. I've also heard good things about My Hero Academia so maybe that'll be worth checking out. Before now though I was watching Samurai Champloo, I only made it 6 episodes in though :/ Definitely like what I've watched though, I'd really like to finish it but there's just too much anime and not enough time

ERASED (Boku dake ga Inai Machi) just finished airing, and it's one of the best shows to come out in a while. I didn't expect to like it nearly as much as I did. 

• Upvote 1

I'd really like to finish it but there's just too much anime and not enough time

Same here. All I've been watching recently is Gintama since there aren't really any new shows that have grabbed my interest.

But new Jojo & Berserk this year, yeah! Super excited for those.

I can't wait for the new jojo, thanks for showing me that Chris! One of the most unique shows for it's timeline with generations for sure. 

I haven't seen Beserk, though I do want to watch that at one point when I have the time. 

FLCL SEQUEL DOOD SO HYPED I DON'T EVEN CARE WHEN IT RELEASES OMG. I really loved that show but was really upset how it ended, it was quite the trend back then to end shows on a cliffhanger, but on the flip side I didn't want it to be beaten until it was a hollow shell of itself. *cough* bleach *cough*

I liked Aldnoah.Zero for the first couple episodes, but I personally can't stand the main protagonist that is "Plot convenience, the character". But MKalieZ is amazing, almost as good as Libera Me from Hell. Almost.

...have I talked about Gurren Lagaan here already? I don't care. I'm still gushing over it even though they replaced best character with a deviantArt sheep OC.

Another thing I've been watching were the first handful of episodes of Evangelion (which Goldenghost urged me to watch for over a year.) I don't hate it, but two of the three protagonists right now are under my skin. You got Shinji who just needs to get in the robot, and Rei who might as well be a zombie because she is nothing. I swear she's as hollow as the wind blowing through the Easter Island heads.

And the new Danganronpa 3 anime is gonna be sick, I'm so excited to see how the current story arc finally ends. I can't say much else because there's not really much that's been revealed.

And the new Danganronpa 3 anime is gonna be sick, I'm so excited to see how the current story arc finally ends. I can't say much else because there's not really much that's been revealed.

Would I need to have played Danganronpa 2 to catch up on all the story before the new anime comes out? I loved the original anime but haven't really touched the games at all.

Would I need to have played Danganronpa 2 to catch up on all the story before the new anime comes out? I loved the original anime but haven't really touched the games at all.

I'm gonna be honest, I wouldn't watch the anime. I've only played the games so I don't really know, but the gameplay and the storyline are the best thing about it, the characters are NOT! Most of the characters bar three or four per game are terrible (excluding Monokuma and Monomi, obviously because they're fab). They're completely bland and annoying. 

But I would recommend the games. They're super fun and interesting, particularly the first one because it doesn't have a terrible ending.

• Upvote 2

Yes yes yes. Do this quickly.

You can play Ultra Despair Girls if you want, as well. It addresses some of the loose ends the sequel presents but the gameplay isn't all that great.

And to clarify, Danganronpa 3 is split into a game and an anime, but the game is completely different. It's going to have a brand new story arc with all new characters, while the anime concludes the current arc with the remaining characters.

• Upvote 2

Another thing I've been watching were the first handful of episodes of Evangelion (which Goldenghost urged me to watch for over a year.)

I recommended it to like 5 people here and no one watched it, I swear it's so good. Just stick with it and I promise you'll be happy you did.

Also I decided to totally ignore all of the stuff I said I was gonna watch and watched the first half of Ninja Slayer instead. I heard pretty mediocre things about it when it was airing but I'm actually amazed at how much I like it. I will admit that the sock puppet Inferno Cop-style animation is a total killjoy when they occasionally slap it in, and there are some other questionable decisions they made for the show I could go on about, but overall I'm really enjoying it.

I started watching Jormungand, the MC goes around traveling with an arms dealer and her bodyguards, and he is a said bodyguard. It's pretty interesting so far, I hope they dig into the MCs past more. 

I started watching Jormungand, the MC goes around traveling with an arms dealer and her bodyguards, and he is a said bodyguard. It's pretty interesting so far, I hope they dig into the MCs past more. 

I heard good things about that show. I might check it out one day.

• Upvote 1