Roy-G-Biv

The Anime & Manga Club~

This may be a repeat, but have you watched Angel Beats? Very Very good anime, i don't watch it that often cause i usually get criticized by my family for watching anime. (all my mom's attacks are critical hits too...)

This may be a repeat, but have you watched Angel Beats? Very Very good anime, i don't watch it that often cause i usually get criticized by my family for watching anime. (all my mom's attacks are critical hits too...)

I recommended Angel Beats a while back in this very topic.

Wasn't very popular among these peoples.

And what do you mean your family criticizes you liking Anime?

Decided I might as well check out Angel Beats. The first thirty seconds are more interesting than I expected.

So I watched the first episode of Guilty Crown.

I liked it, so I'm going to watch the series now.

I can get started from where I left off at episode 2 now I'm done with Welcome to the NHK.

Its strange. The NHK anime story veers off on its own path halfway through the storyline from the manga. And I was really enjoying it, but I really wasn't a fan of the anime ending. I thought the ending to the manga to be much better thought out.

Also, I started reading Gantz last night, which I was pleasantly surprised by. Gonna' check out the anime later probably.

Its weird, pretty much the past few series I've watched have all been produced by Gonzo (Tower of Druaga, Welcome to the NHK, etc.)

Its a conspiracy.

Here's an anime that is going to flip the world of anime upside down...

Or rather it's already done so.

Also a personal favorite. :3

Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-Chan

Did I mention it's also incredibly violent and gory?

I had a friend in high school who became a little obsessed with this for a few months. I think he called it Bludgeoning Angel Dokuro-chan or something

That opening still makes me laugh every time I see it :lol:

From that opening I think we can see that. :lol:

Finished angel beats earlier this afternoon, it was great. Made me cry manly tears ;-;

The ending was great.

The 30-second clip at the very end kind of ruined it though.

Finished angel beats earlier this afternoon, it was great. Made me cry manly tears ;-;

The ending was great.

Well if you wanted a sadder ending, you could watch "Angel Beats: Another Epilogue". It's another short clip if I remember correctly.

Well here's to hoping a season 2 actually exists.

Although I'd prefer a remake of the series that actually lasts longer.

Give some time to flesh the characters out. Don't make a character the antagonist one episode and dethrone him/her the next.

The ending was great.

Well if you wanted a sadder ending, you could watch "Angel Beats: Another Epilogue". It's another short clip if I remember correctly.

Well here's to hoping a season 2 actually exists.

Although I'd prefer a remake of the series that actually lasts longer.

Give some time to flesh the characters out. Don't

make a character the antagonist one episode and dethrone him/her the next.

Yeah, I know what you mean with the last part.

I started reading Bakuman again and its pretty great, somewhere in the hundred-teens currently. Its different but it is still good.

I watched the little three-episode series of Gunsmith Cats (1995) today. I hadn't seen it in a long time. The actual show is really tacky at times, but the guns are always nice. Teehee.

Here's the intro.

I seldom watch any anime, so I won't really poke around here much.

I watched the little three-episode series of Gunsmith Cats (1995) today. I hadn't seen it in a long time. The actual show is really tacky at times, but the guns are always nice. Teehee.

Here's the intro.

Heh. That didn't look too bad. Might check it out

The anime adaptation of Gantz bored me to tears. I'll stick to the manga, kthx. I started watching Baccano! instead :)

I've started to watch a lot of "classic" anime in the past week or two.

Over winter break, I'm planning on watching and finishing Evangelion, Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Slayers, and Macross. I might also try to get around to watching the second season of Higurashi, so I don't end up delaying it for six months like I did with the first season.

Well, I finished watching 2 out of 3 episodes of the Gunsmith Cats OVA.

It's actually pretty cool.

It's about bounty hunters own a gun shop in Illinois, and they're hired to investigate smuggling of illegal firearms.

Rally Vincent is the firearms expert, and Minnie May is the explosives expert.

Speaking of which, the manga is the same premise, but it isn't just smuggling firearms.

Also it's alot more explicit.

More gore from what I can tell and some nudity and sexual content.

Well, I finished watching 2 out of 3 episodes of the Gunsmith Cats OVA.

It's actually pretty cool.

It's about bounty hunters own a gun shop in Illinois, and they're hired to investigate smuggling of illegal firearms

Sounds like fun. Its only 23:20 here so now I have something to do after packing away the rest of my things for my ride home tomorrow for the holidays.

Also, I just finished watching Baccano, and I loved every minute of it. Definitely one of the best things I've watched in a while. The story always kept me going back for more. A part of me would have liked it to carry on a little longer, but I thought the way the story was rounded up (or not) in the last episode was rather nice :)

So I just finished watching SaiKano as I remembered you suggested it Roy. This is how I felt throughout it.

2d8616f4.gif

Probably one of the most depressing series I've ever seen thus far. So much beauty of emotions goes on, and you really start to feel for the characters too. It was wonderful yet saddening at the same time. I am quite glad to have watched it but now I actually feel a bit depressed myself. Like you said, it was a moving experience.

I finally got around to watching Mirai Nikki. I just finished episode 5. I'm enjoying it a lot more than I thought I would.

Did anyone ever see that compilation of anime shorts based on the Batman series? Its called Gotham Knight. My little brother got it with his copy of Arkham City. I was watching it last night and a couple of the shorts ain't bad

The best one has to be Deadshot, animated by Madhouse. The scene in which Batman flies over the train really reminded me of Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust :lol:

If you're a fan of Batman, I suppose its worth checking out

Did anyone ever see that compilation of anime shorts based on the Batman series? Its called Gotham Knight. My little brother got it with his copy of Arkham City. I was watching it last night and a couple of the shorts ain't bad

The best one has to be Deadshot, animated by Madhouse. The scene in which Batman flies over the train really reminded me of Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust :lol:

If you're a fan of Batman, I suppose its worth checking out

I picked it up the other day because Batman is the greatest thing ever and was overcome with a feeling of meh. It wasn't all that great, but it wasn't terrible either. My favorite was In Darkness Dwells. Not only are Scarecrow and Killer Croc two of my top 5 Batman villains, but it was the most Batman-ish of the stories.

I thought Have I Got a Story for You was pretty cool in a way, because it shows how Batman has become more than just a man in the way the kids talk about him in their stories. Like, how one kid talks about Batman being a robot, and one describing him as a giant bat monster. It shows that Batman has become an urban myth, in a sense. The art style really turned me off, though. I just didn't like it at all. Except for Robot Batman. Robot Batman looks cool no matter what style he's drawn in.

Those are my main thoughts on it. It wasn't great, but wasn't bad either. I totally recommend that everyone watch it because there will probably be at least one segment of it you'll like. As a huge Batman fan though, I'd totally rather see Mask of the Phantasm or the more recent Under the Red Hood than this. It just wasn't for me.