Roy-G-Biv

The Anime & Manga Club~

Thought I'd go back and re-watch some classics, starting with Cowboy Bebop

A friend also recommended Outlaw Star. which I'll probably check out after (he seemed surprised I'd never seen it before)

And then after that I feel some Tenchi Muyo is needed. Just 'cause I loved it as a kid

Anyone else watching anything interesting?

Outlaw Star's similar to Bebop.

But I haven't watched either extensively.

Fun Fact: The company that made (and still makes) the Mobile Suit Gundam series made Cowboy Bebop and Outlaw Star.

Fun Fact: The company that made (and still makes) the Mobile Suit Gundam series made Cowboy Bebop and Outlaw Star.
themoreyouknow.jpg

I just finished watching Yu Yu Hakusho on recommendation from a friend. I have to say I thought it was pretty great.

It sort of reminded me of DBZ, but I'm not sure why. I guess they're sort of similar in some ways.

But, I'd definitely recommend you all check it out.

It sort of reminded me of DBZ, but I'm not sure why. I guess they're sort of similar in some ways.

Well it is part of the whole Weekly Shounen Jump magazine.

Not saying the whole magazine consists of manga like DBZ (I"s and Strawberry 100% comes to mind lol.), but it's typical for magazines aimed towards the shounen (young boy) demograph to accept stories like Dragonball or YuYu Hakusho.

Speaking of Anime movies, I recommend Kara no Kyokai. It's a series of movies made by the people who work at Type-Moon (Tsukihime, Fate/stay night).

Speaking of Anime movies, I recommend Kara no Kyokai. It's a series of movies made by the people who work at Type-Moon (Tsukihime, Fate/stay night).

I agree with this guy, saw them like a year ago and loved them

I just watched The Secret World of Arrietty. It was decent, but Miyazaki really hasn't been up to his game lately with this and Ponyo. I'd like another Spirited Away or Castle in the Sky, two of my favorite movies of all-time.

I just watched The Secret World of Arrietty. It was decent, but Miyazaki really hasn't been up to his game lately with this and Ponyo. I'd like another Spirited Away or Castle in the Sky, two of my favorite movies of all-time.
I enjoyed Ponyo

That is all :lol:

I enjoyed Ponyo

That is all :lol:

Ponyo was good, I just didn't enjoy it as much as his older movies.

I high recommend Another. It's still airing (episode 11 just released), but as of now, it's the most exciting show to have been released for years.

It's like a mix between Final Destination and Higurashi, but with more character development.

I high recommend Another. It's still airing (episode 11 just released), but as of now, it's the most exciting show to have been released for years.

It's like a mix between Final Destination and Higurashi, but with more character development.

From what I've seen (first episode like a few months ago) it was absolutely great. Sadly I've been so busy I had to set some shows on standby and that was one them though I do plan on to get to it soon. Probably one of the better shows for me, along with Mirai Nikki which is getting intense and the ever so trippy Black Rock Shooter in my opinion.

Moving to the new General Media forum. If there are any (active) threads that you think should be moved to General Media, please let one of us Mods know.

I'd suggest Angel Beats.

Other than that the anime business has gone down the drain in my opinion.

Another was pretty good too.

The upcoming anime season is looking pretty boring, though.

It's all slice of life and generic action instead of anything original.

In Death Note, if Light wrote his name in the book, and then wrote he wanted to die in the year 3000, would he live for a thousand years? :?

In Death Note, if Light wrote his name in the book, and then wrote he wanted to die in the year 3000, would he live for a thousand years? :?

afaik That's not one of the Death Note rules.

You can.....

1. Write their name only. If only a name is written, they die of a heart attack.

2. Write their name and cause of death.

3. Sacrifice 1/2 of your remaining lifespan to discover someone's real name.

The upcoming anime season is looking pretty boring, though.

It's all slice of life and generic action instead of anything original.

The only thing worth checking out is Kikansha Thomas. :V