Roy-G-Biv

The Anime & Manga Club~

Stayed at home today and despite saying I would start Attack on Titan and Kill La Kill, I instead watched the first two episodes of Sakura Trick.

Typical highschool anime at it's finest, which is all I can say about it since this is not the place to talk about +18 stuff (?)

I don't think kissing qualifies as 18+

but girls kissing
Why does the fact that they're both girls make it any less appropriate?

My recent entry into the Persona series over the past couple months introduced me to the Persona 4 anime, which is great, and the first movie of Persona 3. I imagine there'll be about 3 parts to it, with the 2nd one getting English subtitles in March of next year.

But go watch the first movie of Persona 3. It's called Spring of Birth. It's absolutely fantastic.

Edited by Turkey

Stayed at home today and despite saying I would start Attack on Titan and Kill La Kill, I instead watched the first two episodes of Sakura Trick.

Typical highschool anime at it's finest, which is all I can say about it since this is not the place to talk about +18 stuff (?)

I don't think kissing qualifies as 18+

but girls kissing

iD2X6CYzITzC3.gif

because girls kissing totally makes a difference

• Upvote 2

So there's a anime called MEMEME, a 6 or so minute short that is quite wonderful. It does have animated nudity and suggestive themes though, but were all mature enough to handle that here....right? Anyways external link so if you click it, you know what you're getting into. (Which is a very cool music video)

NSFW

So there's a anime called MEMEME, a 6 or so minute short that is quite wonderful. It does have animated nudity and suggestive themes though, but were all mature enough to handle that here....right? Anyways external link so if you click it, you know what you're getting into. (Which is a very cool music video)

NSFW

[12/8/2014 9:09:56 PM] FlamingPaperCup: MEMEME sums up how I feel about Roy

• Upvote 4

My recent entry into the Persona series over the past couple months introduced me to the Persona 4 anime, which is great, and the first movie of Persona 3. I imagine there'll be about 3 parts to it, with the 2nd one getting English subtitles in March of next year.

But go watch the first movie of Persona 3. It's called Spring of Birth. It's absolutely fantastic.

I'm not sure if three movies will cover the whole thing considering how little the first one covered. I've been waiting on a way to watch the second for months, though. My guess is there will be four movies total.

I'm not sure if three movies will cover the whole thing considering how little the first one covered. I've been waiting on a way to watch the second for months, though. My guess is there will be four movies total.

Yeah, it might be four, because the first two so far have been named after seasons. Spring of Birth, MidSummer Night's Dream, etc.

Yeah, it might be four, because the first two so far have been named after seasons. Spring of Birth, MidSummer Night's Dream, etc.

I thought it'd be one season each and didn't even notice the names. Wow.

As someone who's played Persona 3, I can tell you the movies PROBABLY will not cover everything.

If you're someone that played the game, try to enjoy it as a general anime movie instead of a adaptation of a video game.

I know the Persona 4 anime completely does away with the protagonists carrying weapons for some reason.

There was an ingame explanation as to why they had weapons in school, but I can't be bothered to find it.

And damn, they named one of the movies after a Shakespeare play? That's pretty nifty. 

As someone who's played Persona 3, I can tell you the movies PROBABLY will not cover everything.

There's no way they'd cover everything. It'd be really slow if they did.

If you're someone that played the game, try to enjoy it as a general anime movie instead of a adaptation of a video game.

I know the Persona 4 anime completely does away with the protagonists carrying weapons for some reason.

There was an ingame explanation as to why they had weapons in school, but I can't be bothered to find it.

And damn, they named one of the movies after a Shakespeare play? That's pretty nifty. 

I meant main plot-wise. Hell, Makoto didn't bother with any of the social links aside from maybe Kenji in the first movie.

I meant main plot-wise. Hell, Makoto didn't bother with any of the social links aside from maybe Kenji in the first movie.

They better include Operation Babe Hunt in this next one.

They better include Operation Babe Hunt in this next one.

That and the fight against Nyx are the two things I'm looking forward to most to be animated.

Alright... So I finally got around to watching Neon Genesis Evangelion (don't worry, no spoilers), and what the unholy **** did I just watch I thought it was pretty incredible. Overall I really liked it, it started off a little dry but by episode 8 I knew it was going to be really good, and by episode 18 I couldn't stop watching it. I thought the last two episodes of the show were genius, although I can definitely see why lots of people didn't like them. Like yeah, they didn't really conclude the show, but I still thought it was brilliant. So then I started watching End of Evangelion knowing that it would be a "better" conclusion for the show, and... wow, I feel like it was just as insane. I finished it like an hour ago and I'm still trying to figure out what the hell just happened. Definitely the best show I have ever watched, although I'm gonna have to check some theories on the internet to make sure I understand what on earth was going on at the end of the movie. I heard that the Evangelion 1.11 and 2.22 movies are being shown on Toonami tonight, so I'll probably check those out. I'm totally blown away though, like, damn that was so good. I kinda wanna get a NGE thread going so I can talk about it with other people without having to worry about spoilers, but there probably isn't a huge interest in it anymore since the show is pretty old...

Edited by GoldenGhost
  • Upvote 1

Anybody here seen Steins;Gate? It's not something I'd usually watch, but one of my friends is pretty into it so we decided to watch it. Even the English dub is decent. If you're a fan of sci-fi/time travel/drama, I'd definitely recommend it.

Also, JoJo starts back up soon!

Anybody here seen Steins;Gate? It's not something I'd usually watch, but one of my friends is pretty into it so we decided to watch it. Even the English dub is decent. If you're a fan of sci-fi/time travel/drama, I'd definitely recommend it.

I watched that with a friend on a whim and just finished rewatching it with my girlfriend. Not my usual type of show, but I'd recommend it to anyone who enjoys a good, emotional story.

watch no game no life you're welcome

The little girl fanservice/heavily implied incest really killed it for me. Couldn't get past that.

Edited by Revon

The little girl fanservice/heavily implied incest really killed it for me. Couldn't get past that.

Your bad taste really killed it for you. You should get past that.

Oh, okay. Thanks.

Woah, I happen to agree with Revon on this one. Not only did the fanservice/ecchi put me off, the animation style kind of gave me a headache. I liked the story of the first few episodes, though.

• Upvote 1

Just finished reading Fullmetal Alchemist and I gotta give it, all the characters got pretty busted up... especially Mustang... I really wonder why most mangas end in sad ways. Death Note and now FMA. Let's hope D-gray Man doesn't end sadly or Blood Lad either.

Just finished reading Fullmetal Alchemist and I gotta give it, all the characters got pretty busted up... especially Mustang... I really wonder why most mangas end in sad ways. Death Note and now FMA. Let's hope D-gray Man doesn't end sadly or Blood Lad either.

Deadman Wonderland's ending was pretty sad, but Soul Eater ended on a happy note.