Roy-G-Biv

The Anime & Manga Club~

I read the manga for Tokyo Ghoul and aparently the anime butchered the manga. I rather enjoyed Tokyo Ghoul as it honestly shows psychology fairly well for a manga. Crazy character aren't just "ellllelelell soooo craaaazy I'm gonna stab u up and drink yo blood" they actually have reasons for doing what they do. Also the main characters transformation throughout the manga is really well done.

Most anime adaptations tend to ruin the manga's storyline anyways. I recently read Deadman Wonderland and it's story was much better paced and written than the show. At least Tokyo Ghoul's anime adaptation does a decent enough job of giving (most) characters a backstory and (some) motivation for their actions in the limited time it gets to do so, without giving away everything up front.

Okay, for the past 3 days i've been doing nothing but eating, and watching two animes. Sword art online, and Attack On Titan. Sword Art Online was meh (im glad its done) but Snk was so frickin good. I used to look down upon both of these animes for being too "mainstream", but i'm very impressed with the quality of these two. The first half of SAO was decent, but the Alfeim Online portion was utter garbage. Thoughts?

• Upvote 1

Okay, for the past 3 days i've been doing nothing but eating, and watching two animes. Sword art online, and Attack On Titan. Sword Art Online was meh (im glad its done) but Snk was so frickin good. I used to look down upon both of these animes for being too "mainstream", but i'm very impressed with the quality of these two. The first half of SAO was decent, but the Alfeim Online portion was utter garbage. Thoughts?

I think everything beyond episode three of season one of SAO is awful, but Attack on Titan is pretty great. Took me a while to get into it, but I like it a lot.

I really wanted to like SAO when it first started, but I think I was expecting too much from it. I felt that the first few episodes set-up a story that the rest of the series didn't live up to. I stopped watching after the first 8 episodes. Whilst the animation quality and action scenes were visually very impressive, the story just didn't hold my attention for very long.

Attack on Titan is awesome though and I'm glad more people are watching it.  :-)

• Upvote 1

I have watched a couple of anime series but when I finish one I don't know which one to start next, there is just so many. Can anyone give me any suggestions or a list to go off?

I have watched a couple of anime series but when I finish one I don't know which one to start next, there is just so many. Can anyone give me any suggestions or a list to go off?

My all-time fave is Cowboy Bebop. It's mostly episodic, but does have an overarching plot. It's a classic and I've yet to find anyone who dislikes it. Another good recommendation would be Death Note. It was what got me into anime after my girlfriend asked me to watch it. Lastly, I'd recommend Psycho-Pass. It's a very well thought-out psychological police action story set in a futuristic false utopia. It has who I would consider to be the best villain in all of anime (that I've seen) and every character is very enjoyable and interesting.

If you could give me a little bit of insight into what you enjoy in shows or stories, I could give you more specific recommendations based on that.

I'm not really into anime, the few I've watched are generally of the 'stupid fun' variety (hence Sgt. Frog being my favorite).

In that same vein, I literally just started watching "Naruto Spin-off: Rock Lee & his Ninja Pals" just because of the sheer ridiculousness of it.

It's pretty funny if you're okay with the extremely light hearted storyline

I might be a bit late, but i'll make a list anyway (These are only ones that i've seen so there are a lot more good ones not listed)

Durarara!!

Elfen Lied

Clannad

Another

Mirai Nikki

Toradora!

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

Darker than Black

Code Geass

Death Note

Angel Beats!

Cowboy Bebop

Trigun

And if you really want to get into a good, long story: (In Order)

One Piece

Dragonball Z

Fairy Tail

Edited by Undead Ninya

I tried watching Fairy Tail and it failed to interest me. Maybe it's because it has a slow start, I'll try it again but I don't remember anything spectacular about it.

I did however finish "My Bride is a Mermaid" recently. It's good for what it is, just trust me on this one.

I started reading one punch man because I heard of the possible chance of an anime adaptation, I really hope it happens, I could see it being like a Gintama style anime, really humourous but also serious when it needs to be. It would be amazing!

Actually I don't know why we haven't bothered sharing these, or if anyone else has one for that matter but here's my MAL
http://myanimelist.net/profile/FlamingPaperCup

I started reading one punch man because I heard of the possible chance of an anime adaptation, I really hope it happens, I could see it being like a Gintama style anime, really humourous but also serious when it needs to be. It would be amazing!

Unless it can tap into the infinite budget of the Fate series, I don't think I'll be able to enjoy One Punch man because it wont have extremely good art.

Actually I don't know why we haven't bothered sharing these, or if anyone else has one for that matter but here's my MAL

Unless it can tap into the infinite budget of the Fate series, I don't think I'll be able to enjoy One Punch man because it wont have extremely good art.

I thought of sharing mine, but I wasn't sure if it'd be allowed. Here's mine: http://myanimelist.net/profile/RevonMercer

I love anime, I haven't watched that much yet though. I'm currently watching SAO. I noticed a lot of people say it's bad, but I actually think it's enjoyable. Here are my top 5 anime, I haven't finished SAO so the list is subject to change:

5. Soul Eater

4. Gurren Lagann

3. Fullmetal Alchemist

2. SAO

1. Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood

• Upvote 1

I have seen the manga views on a page, it was 2.4  million lol. It might have a decent budget, the art style I would like to see is something similiar to maybe one piece or DBZ. 

I thought of sharing mine, but I wasn't sure if it'd be allowed. Here's mine: http://myanimelist.net/profile/RevonMercer

You have quite the amount of anime experiance under your belt, quite impressed. I had a little chuckle when I seen you dropped Arcana Famiglia after one episode. Good descion though, it doesn't get any better.

Your list has inspired me to pick up Death Parade. I wasn't so sure about it, but since you gave it a 9.10 and I was on the edge regardless, I'll give it a shot.

Edit: I recomend you watch Magi whenever you get the chance. It quickly became one of my favorite series. I'd have to say the latest chapter of Magi thats been translated has to be one of my favorite chapters in any manga ever.

Edited by Scaler193

You have quite the amount of anime experiance under your belt, quite impressed. I had a little chuckle when I seen you dropped Arcana Famiglia after one episode. Good descion though, it doesn't get any better.

Your list has inspired me to pick up Death Parade. I wasn't so sure about it, but since you gave it a 9.10 and I was on the edge regardless, I'll give it a shot.

Edit: I recomend you watch Magi whenever you get the chance. It quickly became one of my favorite series. I'd have to say the latest chapter of Magi thats been translated has to be one of my favorite chapters in any manga ever.

Death Parade is great! Here's my MAL http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Loid_Node

Edited by Vinchenzo

I love anime, I haven't watched that much yet though. I'm currently watching SAO. I noticed a lot of people say it's bad, but I actually think it's enjoyable. Here are my top 5 anime, I haven't finished SAO so the list is subject to change:

5. Soul Eater

4. Gurren Lagann

3. Fullmetal Alchemist

2. SAO

1. Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood

Gotta love that Soul and FMA.

I recently restarted watching Wakfu, which is a french anime but is dubbed on Netflix and subbed on the internet, I highly recommend trying it out. Here's the first episode for anyone interested http://kisscartoon.me/Cartoon/Wakfu-Season-01/Episode-001?id=11878

I'll take down the link if I'm not allowed these types of things.

I thought of sharing mine, but I wasn't sure if it'd be allowed. Here's mine: http://myanimelist.net/profile/RevonMercer

You almost finished Gurren Lagann, but then you dropped it, and then you gave it a 5?! Boy you better explain yo self

Here's mine, r8 and h8

http://myanimelist.net/profile/DuckGunt

Haven't updated it in a while, but the only thing I've watched recently was Jojo: Stardust Crusaders. It's pretty great.

• Upvote 1

I read that Arcana Famiglia is a trap that is action-based in episode one and drops off immediately after. Also, yes yes yes watch Death Parade. I kept hearing about it and thought, "I'll get to it eventually" and after hearing about it nonstop I gave it a shot and I'm happy I did. Also, I watched all of Magi: Labyrinth of Magic and am definitely gonna continue the series when I can. If you notice, each anime on my list has tags. Each tag represents who I watched the anime with (solo meaning alone, Rae meaning with my girlfriend, Exsedrith/Raus/etc. are friends), so a lot of times I 'm waiting for my friends to watch with me.

Also, I'm gonna go ahead and add everyone on MAL that posts theirs on here. Feel free to add me back.

EDIT: Also, I'm extremely critical of anime I watch, which is why a lot of shows have lower than average ratings. For example, Blue Exorcist, an anime/manga I really enjoy, only got a 7/10 cuz I can't give it anything higher being mostly filler and not truly finishing.

Edited by Revon

Just finished watching Death Note; I'll admit, I wound up not enjoying it as much as I thought I would. It was still great, but it definitely starts stronger than it finishes. I was surprised at how quickly the plot developed in the first few episodes, and it was extremely entertaining to watch throughout the first couple of arcs. The pace started to slow down in certain areas though, and the ending wasn't quite as much of a grand finale as I had hoped. (Also I hated both intros for the show.) Overall I'd say it's worth watching; it has some of the most intense moments and interesting characters I've seen in an anime and I was on the edge of my seat throughout it. It's too bad the last set of episodes fell flat, but I say if you've made it that far you might as well finish it.

So in conclusion...

The first 2/3rds of Death Note: 8/10

The last 1/3rd of Death Note: 5/10

I'm interested to hear what other peoples' opinions are. Dunno what to watch next; maybe NGNL since I still haven't watched that for some reason, or maybe Durarara since that's been recommended to me a lot.

(Am I the only one who didn't think Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood was that great?)

Yes you are.

Actually, I should rewatch that at some point...

Edited by GoldenGhost

Just finished watching Death Note; I'll admit, I wound up not enjoying it as much as I thought I would. It was still great, but it definitely starts stronger than it finishes. I was surprised at how quickly the plot developed in the first few episodes, and it was extremely entertaining to watch throughout the first couple of arcs. The pace started to slow down in certain areas though, and the ending wasn't quite as much of a grand finale as I had hoped. (Also I hated both intros for the show.) Overall I'd say it's worth watching; it has some of the most intense moments and interesting characters I've seen in an anime and I was on the edge of my seat throughout it. It's too bad the last set of episodes fell flat, but I say if you've made it that far you might as well finish it.

So in conclusion...

The first 2/3rds of Death Note: 8/10

The last 1/3rd of Death Note: 5/10

Nobody likes the last third of Death Note, it's a universal criticism about the series as a whole.  Death Note was the first anime I ever watched, so it always holds a special place in my heart, but the ending was truly lackluster.  I honestly think it was done that way on purpose, though.

On another note, I just picked up a manga series that only has four volumes called Oreimo.  It's totally different than the action packed, dark mangas I normally read, so I'm looking forward to it.  The story is super weird, though.  It's about a guy in high school who finds out his younger sister is a major otaku and has a huge collection of eroge stuff, and a lot of it is younger sister themed, so he needs to come to terms with how he truly feels about his sister and whatnot.  It sounds extremely strange, and since it was only four volumes, I couldn't not pick it up haha.

Other than that, I continue to expand my collection of Deadman Wonderland and Seven Deadly Sins as they are released, I plan on buying all of the recent Attack on Titan volumes I've missed, and am also starting to buy the Naruto manga now that the main series is finally finished.  So yeah, I've been spending a lot of money.

Other than that, I continue to expand my collection of Deadman Wonderland

I'm actually watching Deadman Wonderland upon your request from a while ago. I'm 4 episodes in and honestly the characters all seem rather cliched; Ganta is like a Shinji Ikari that I have no reason to sympathize with (yet), Shiro is the classic naive and sexually-oblivious female lead, the Crow Claw dude reminds me of Lon'Qu in that he's a serious fighter with an irrational fear of women, and then of course there's the over-the-top badass military chick with a humongous chest. I kinda feel like this cast was copied-and-pasted from Project K; the characters almost line up perfectly. I'll stick with it anyways though, it's pretty short and the story is kinda interesting. I'm curious to see where it all goes.