Roy-G-Biv

The Anime & Manga Club~

Other than that, I continue to expand my collection of Deadman Wonderland

I'm actually watching Deadman Wonderland upon your request from a while ago. I'm 4 episodes in and honestly the characters all seem rather cliched; Ganta is like a Shinji Ikari that I have no reason to sympathize with (yet), Shiro is the classic naive and sexually-oblivious female lead, the Crow Claw dude reminds me of Lon'Qu in that he's a serious fighter with an irrational fear of women, and then of course there's the over-the-top badass military chick with a humongous chest. I kinda feel like this cast was copied-and-pasted from Project K; the characters almost line up perfectly. I'll stick with it anyways though, it's pretty short and the story is kinda interesting. I'm curious to see where it all goes.

The characters develop a bit more towards what would be the end of the anime.  The biggest thing I hated about that anime was that it ended halfway through the manga, so it feels unfinished at the end.  Sort of a deus ex machina sort of feeling.  The manga gets even better after the end of the anime (which I believe was volume five), and it gets much darker, too.  Volume eight is about to come out, so I should be receiving that soon, but so far, the manga has been fantastic where the anime left me longing for more.

Don't get me wrong, though, the anime is still pretty good, and really picks up after the halfway mark, but when compared to the source material, it's just not as good. (that theme song tho).

• Upvote 1

At the minute I'm only really watching JJBA & Gintama (which I'm super glad is back).

But I need to go and finish off the last few episodes of Tokyo Ghoul Season 2.

• Upvote 1

I watched Selector Infected WIXOSS and Season 2 (Selector Spread WIXOSS).

They're pretty good. They're a dark take on your average TCG anime.

...Kinda like Madoka meets MTG.

When I get some more flexible free time I'll start watching Tokyo Ghoul and finish up Cowboy Bebop. Latter has a grip on me.

When I get some more flexible free time I'll start watching Tokyo Ghoul and finish up Cowboy Bebop. Latter has a grip on me.

4WhaYl0.jpg

At the minute I'm only really watching JJBA & Gintama (which I'm super glad is back).

But I need to go and finish off the last few episodes of Tokyo Ghoul Season 2.

Hurry hurry! The third season starts airing in the summer!

• Upvote 1

Well, two things. I'm some reason super attatched to this opening. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gY4kmxphBU

I was also told Attack on Titan Season 2 is out. The kid was probably talking about the OVAs tho. Brb. Gonna research.

EDIT: Yea. They mean't the OVAs. I still really need to watch those. I haven't seen them yet. Also, if any of you don't have Netflix and have trouble finding anime sites, I HIGHLY reccomend Kissanime. All the other sites I've been reccomended before that such as watchcartoononline and many others are crap. I'm sure watchcartoononline tho is great if you got adblock.

Edited by Delta

With my manga collection getting too large to just have books lying all around my room wherever they fit, I decided to bite the bullet today and go to IKEA.  It was my day off, I grabbed a couple friends (one of which had to go to work before we got home), went to IKEA and bought myself a bookcase for about eighty bucks.  It's actually pretty nice for the money I paid for it, and it didn't take too long to put together either.  Once I put it together and put all of my manga in it, my collection looks significantly less than what it did before haha.

Here's a picture of it, keep in mind, I have over fifty volumes of manga, and I still have this much space:

MRabLd3.jpg

• Upvote 2

With my manga collection getting too large to just have books lying all around my room wherever they fit, I decided to bite the bullet today and go to IKEA.  It was my day off, I grabbed a couple friends (one of which had to go to work before we got home), went to IKEA and bought myself a bookcase for about eighty bucks.  It's actually pretty nice for the money I paid for it, and it didn't take too long to put together either.  Once I put it together and put all of my manga in it, my collection looks significantly less than what it did before haha.

Here's a picture of it, keep in mind, I have over fifty volumes of manga, and I still have this much space:

MRabLd3.jpg

Not to mention bookcases are great for diffusing audio signals in rooms! So that's a bonus too! 

Also I am super excited for Tokyo Ghoul Season 3!

I remember watching a few episodes of this back when I was a kid. My sister was more into the Yu-Gi-Oh scene than I was but I remember this show fondly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cb3ggoyqXmU

I loved that show and loved to play the actual game as well I got super into it. Yu-Gi-Oh, not so much Drgonball Z but I watched it a couple of times when nothing else was on and pokemon were my childhood.   

EDIT: Also Naruto and Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo

Edited by Abz2141

Well, it's official. I've fallen in love with Deadman Wonderland! So great.

Huh, interesting... How far are you into it, and what makes you like it so much?

Well, it's official. I've fallen in love with Deadman Wonderland! So great.

Huh, interesting... How far are you into it, and what makes you like it so much?

Oops, didnt see your comment. I recently finished it, and i really enjoyed it. I loved the character development throughout the show and i hope they make more. And shiro is soo cutee

So I been watching all the new anime and they're pretty good

"I watched all of the new ones... Dog with a Blog... uh, Cory in the House..."

btw highly recommend Fist of the North Star. It's a treat.

• Upvote 1

Don't remember if I recommended this before, but I'll recommend it again. Fate/Zero is an extremely well-made anime (best-looking one I've ever seen) and I can't recommend it enough, along with its ongoing sequel, Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works (TV). I would also like to push watching the English dub of Zero because its cast is phenomenal. Matthew Mercer was born to voice Emiya Kiritsugu, and all the others like Kari Wahlgren as Saber and Crispin Freeman as Kirei Kotomine are top-notch.

• Upvote 1

Check out the Summer Anime Seaon 2015 guys, I think theres quite a bit to look forward for!
https://www.livechart.me/summer-2015/tv

To Watch List:

- Durarara X2 Ten: Can always use more Durarara

- Jitsu wa Watashi wa: I'm not into romatic animes but from the little bit I read from this series it was decently funny. Will give it a watch.

- Gakkou Gurashi!:
Have been reading the series and despite the lolis, its surprisingly good. I'm suprised it got a anime and I'm pumped to watch it.

- Gangsta:
Also been reading this series. I'm a big fan of mob boss and gangster settings, and this anime will have it as a central theme. The story was fairly good and I'm expecting great action scenes for this one.

- Prison School/Kangoku Gakuen:
Are you a pervert/like perverted stuff. Honestly I don't, but hot damn was this a funny read. Lets hope the anime can keep up its unclassy yet hilarious humor.

-Monster Musume: The pervert in my awakens and this was a funny read.

-Overlord: Fantastic Light Novel. I really hope that the anime will stay high quality for this well deserving series

-Rokka no Yuusha: Only series I haven't known about before that I know I will watch. Seems like it will be pretty dang interesting!

Possible Contenders. I'll see how well these ones turn out before I give em a watch.

-Chaos Dragon: Looks interesting

-Ushia to Tora: Dont have high hopes but might be cool

-Gate: Jieitai: Looks interesting

-God Eater: Surprised they made a anime on this. Will check it out, might have good action scenes

-Akagami no Shirayuki-hime: I liked that demon/hero slice of life anime way back when about ruling a kingdom. If this got the same style I'll enjoy it.

-Kuusen Madoushi: Don't have high hopes at all but might become a afternoon watch.

-Aoharu x Kikanjuu: Hoping for the best as the summery seems interesting

-Ranpo Kitan: Game of Lapance: I like survival game stories. This seems like one of them from the title, but no description. Will keep my eyes on it.

Edit: For the lazy

1JoiPe7.jpg

Edited by Scaler193

Check out the Summer Anime Seaon 2015 guys, I think theres quite a bit to look forward for!

https://www.livechart.me/summer-2015/tv

To Watch List:

- Durarara X2 Ten: Can always use more Durarara

- Jitsu wa Watashi wa: I'm not into romatic animes but from the little bit I read from this series it was decently funny. Will give it a watch.

- Gakkou Gurashi!:

Have been reading the series and despite the lolis, its surprisingly good. I'm suprised it got a anime and I'm pumped to watch it.

- Gangsta:

Also been reading this series. I'm a big fan of mob boss and gangster settings, and this anime will have it as a central theme. The story was fairly good and I'm expecting great action scenes for this one.

- Prison School/Kangoku Gakuen:

Are you a pervert/like perverted stuff. Honestly I don't, but hot damn was this a funny read. Lets hope the anime can keep up its unclassy yet hilarious humor.

-Monster Musume: The pervert in my awakens and this was a funny read.

-Overlord: Fantastic Light Novel. I really hope that the anime will stay high quality for this well deserving series

-Rokka no Yuusha: Only series I haven't known about before that I know I will watch. Seems like it will be pretty dang interesting!

Possible Contenders. I'll see how well these ones turn out before I give em a watch.

-Chaos Dragon: Looks interesting

-Ushia to Tora: Dont have high hopes but might be cool

-Gate: Jieitai: Looks interesting

-God Eater: Surprised they made a anime on this. Will check it out, might have good action scenes

-Akagami no Shirayuki-hime: I liked that demon/hero slice of life anime way back when about ruling a kingdom. If this got the same style I'll enjoy it.

-Kuusen Madoushi: Don't have high hopes at all but might become a afternoon watch.

-Aoharu x Kikanjuu: Hoping for the best as the summery seems interesting

-Ranpo Kitan: Game of Lapance: I like survival game stories. This seems like one of them from the title, but no description. Will keep my eyes on it.

Edit: For the lazy

1JoiPe7.jpg

I'm mostly interested S2 of Non Non Biyori, S3 of Working, and Charlotte. There's not much out about Charlotte, but Jun Maeda and PA Works are enough to get me interested.

Other than those I'll probably watch Gakkou Gurashi, God Eater, and a couple of other shows once I see what people like.