Roy-G-Biv

The Anime & Manga Club~

The only paperback manga I own is Attack on Titan Issue 1, but I've seen SAO season 1, and episodes 1-14 were great.

Then episode 15 happened and ruined it.

I still watched it to the end because I was so desperate to see Asuna finally wake up from the simulation, but there were so many bad choices the anime made that I just walked away disappointed. Yeah, let's throw in a scene where a thirty-something year old psychopath tries to stab a twelve year old boy. Nothing wrong here.

I stopped watching after episode 1 of SAO 2, there was literally no purpose or drive besides "oh people are dying again, I guess I'm part of the cyber police or something"

My collection is growing.

No Game No Life, great taste my friend. That was my uber secret series before the anime aired that not very many people heard about. But to me easily has the most appealing art I've ever seen for a light novel. Also I think it might be my favorite title to a series I've ever heard of.

Welp. I finished watching Ninja Slayer, and holy cow, I have never watched a show absolutely piss itself so thoroughly in the last minute.

I loved this show 90% of the time, I was even able to tolerate the occasional terrible animation and some disgusting amounts of fan service because I loved it so much, but things really fell apart towards the end. I honestly have no clue what Trigger was thinking with episode 25. They really gave up on this show, which is sad considering how awesome they hyped the finale up to be.

I still recommend it if you enjoyed Inferno Cop and/or Kill la Kill and you can make it past the first few episodes. This show OOZES style, it's funny, it's fairly short, the music is great, and it's got some amazing moments. Please do yourself a favor and skip episode 25 though.

No Game No Life, great taste my friend. That was my uber secret series before the anime aired that not very many people heard about. But to me easily has the most appealing art I've ever seen for a light novel. Also I think it might be my favorite title to a series I've ever heard of.
NGNL has been on my radar for quite a while now, I'll have to give that one a look next. I really like the art I've seen for it.

Also superBRADY I'm interested to hear what you think of the Deadman Wonderland manga. I tried watching the show and didn't like it too much but I've heard pretty good things about the manga. I don't usually read manga but I might make an exception if it's truly better than the show. Also, nice collection!

Welp. I finished watching Ninja Slayer, and holy cow, I have never watched a show absolutely piss itself so thoroughly in the last minute.

I loved this show 90% of the time, I was even able to tolerate the occasional terrible animation and some disgusting amounts of fan service because I loved it so much, but things really fell apart towards the end. I honestly have no clue what Trigger was thinking with episode 25. They really gave up on this show, which is sad considering how awesome they hyped the finale up to be.

I still recommend it if you enjoyed Inferno Cop and/or Kill la Kill and you can make it past the first few episodes. This show OOZES style, it's funny, it's fairly short, the music is great, and it's got some amazing moments. Please do yourself a favor and skip episode 25 though.

NGNL has been on my radar for quite a while now, I'll have to give that one a look next. I really like the art I've seen for it.

Also superBRADY I'm interested to hear what you think of the Deadman Wonderland manga. I tried watching the show and didn't like it too much but I've heard pretty good things about the manga. I don't usually read manga but I might make an exception if it's truly better than the show. Also, nice collection!

It's pretty good. The art is well done, and it looks pretty good. The story was explained way better too. I am going to collect the whole series because the anime ending was

crap.

So I have to get 9 more. Then Akame ga Kill, Dimension W, and the rest of NGNL, which is around the release of english vol. 5, while Japan is around vol. 8. I think Deadman Wonderland's manga is finished in english now.

Edited by superBRADY777

As someones who's read all of Deadman Wonderland if you didn't like the anime you wont like the manga. I argue the manga falls apart near the end where characters get rapidly introudced, beaten, then you're rushed to a conclusion you knew would happen for like 50 chapters and its over. Honestly for a battle manga I place it on the lower side, and I've seen a lot of battle manga.

Edit: Also the best part about the entire series, the "Deadman Wonderland" itself becomes insiginificant very fast and its just your every day prison setting for a battle manga after the first dozen chapters. Dissapoiiiiinttiiing

Edited by Scaler193

As someones who's read all of Deadman Wonderland if you didn't like the anime you wont like the manga. I argue the manga falls apart near the end where characters get rapidly introudced, beaten, then you're rushed to a conclusion you knew would happen for like 50 chapters and its over. Honestly for a battle manga I place it on the lower side, and I've seen a lot of battle manga.

Edit: Also the best part about the entire series, the "Deadman Wonderland" itself becomes insiginificant very fast and its just your every day prison setting for a battle manga after the first dozen chapters. Dissapoiiiiinttiiing

Well, even though that may be true, I still want to see how it ends. Same for Akame (it's still running though) but Akame ga Kill had it's own ending which people frowned upon for it, but I still enjoyed the anime for what it did. for NGNL, i'm waiting for another season, I'm rading at the point where the anime hasn't caught up to, which is, the introduction to the Dhampirs and Sirens. The game that was played was pretty intresting too. Also about SAO, people have mixed ideas about it because the way the story went. I am going to watch the movie next year, but I do have high hopes for the Alizication Arc (Spelt right?) That takes place in a new dive technology, called the Soul Translator. The last thing is Tokyo Ghoul, season 3 is coming hopefully, and I don't want to see Kaneki end there. I think the manga Tokyo Ghoul :re may have an good start, but it's confusing. I read into it, but still was confused. If I'm correct, there may be a few year time skip, i'm not sure.

Double Post, mistake.

Edited by superBRADY777

This wallpaper is a memoir for the upcoming Danganronpa. Use it if you want.

Some people here still haven't played Danganronpa, so this is sorta spoiler territory. But thanks for the wallpaper anyways.

Some people here still haven't played Danganronpa, so this is sorta spoiler territory. But thanks for the wallpaper anyways.

It's sad that I just realized that, so I won't talk anymore about Danganronpa just incase of accidental spoilers.

It's sad that I just realized that, so I won't talk anymore about Danganronpa just incase of accidental spoilers.

No, I meant that you should probably edit the post to hide the image in a spoiler tag.

And who's hype for the new season of DR, the gang's back together to finish what they started yesssssss

Can we all agree that Umaru is the worst thing to happen to anime?

I heard that show was okay, not great. I was going to check it out eventually maybe. So you wouldn't recommend it?

Worse than School Days?

...haven't seen it but very very likely.

Umaru is a show about a girl who plays videogames and is a spoiled brat to her brother 24/7, and you would beleive with 12 episodes she would be less self-centered but no.

She's the japanese Minion, and she isn't going away and I hate it

Demo can explain it better than I can, expect NSFW language and the like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adetEssKxlk

• Upvote 1

Worse than School Days?

...haven't seen it but very very likely.

Umaru is a show about a girl who plays videogames and is a spoiled brat to her brother 24/7, and you would beleive with 12 episodes she would be less self-centered but no.

She's the japanese Minion, and she isn't going away and I hate it

School Days is about a guy that uses his friend to learn how to ask a girl out, kiss, have sex, etc. and gets with the girl he likes. Then he sleeps with just about every girl in his school.

This causes both his girlfriend (the one he liked) and his friend to go insane, ending in a bloodbath with two of the three dying in gory ways, completely out of left field.

So I began watching Dagashi Kashi. Not too sure where I stand on it, though.

I must be the only one who actually likes Hotaru. Saya looks like she's seen stuff, man.

I checked out Kiznaiver and Space Patrol Luluco because Trigger is life

Kiznaiver seems like my kind of show, it feels more serious than anything they've done before but it definitely has its trademark Trigger moments. It's about a bunch of college students who get pulled into an experiment where all of their nerves are connected to each other, so they all feel each other's pain whenever they get hurt. (It's all wireless or something, I dunno how it works but its anime so im not gonna get too anal about the physics of it *COUGH*)

The presentation is really well done and the story is cool so I'm really digging it. Some of the characters seem like cookie-cutter anime tropes though. I don't particularly like the protag either, he's kinda boring and not very believable. Also not so much a complaint but why do anime shows always have to highlight female characters specifically in the outro credits segments? Why do they ALL do that? Just an observation

Despite the negatives though Kiznaiver looks pretty promising, I'll definitely have to watch this one weekly.

In terms of tropes, Space Patrol Luluco has it even worse though. Imagine Mako from KLK thrown into Inferno Cop and that's basically what SPL is. It mostly feels like a kids show; the plot is pretty shallow as a result of the pace being so fast and the animation is bright and colorful and very cartoony. There's not a lot there yet but it still got a few chuckles from me so far. I dunno that I'm gonna stick around for much longer though.

On an unrelated note I thought the Starfox animation Nintendo showed yesterday was really nicely animated but kinda lame otherwise

• Upvote 1

Just a note on Kiznaiver, but they explain in the very first episode that for the organizations goal they gathered 7 people who they feel deemd to be the current generation 7 deadly sins. Expect instead of lust, greed, etc. They believe the sins have changed into musclehead, idiot, etc. The characters are suppose to be tropes!

Began watching Space Patrol Luluco and Oreimo, not too sure how I feel about them.

SPL's visuals look like a blend of Panty & Stocking and Ninja Slayer, with the very cartoony animation and the stock backgrounds and such. Episodes are short, but I guess that works out in it's favor.

Oreimo's okay too, it's the usual "comedy" anime, but it's not on Umaru levels of bad either. I really hope to see more of Kirino's model friend, she's elder god tier imo.

Also Luluco's ending theme is so gooooooooooooooood, June 22nd can't be any further away

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olpUQdsKqv0

• Upvote 1

Began watching Space Patrol Luluco and Oreimo, not too sure how I feel about them.

SPL's visuals look like a blend of Panty & Stocking and Ninja Slayer, with the very cartoony animation and the stock backgrounds and such. Episodes are short, but I guess that works out in it's favor.

Oreimo's okay too, it's the usual "comedy" anime, but it's not on Umaru levels of bad either. I really hope to see more of Kirino's model friend, she's elder god tier imo.

Also Luluco's ending theme is so gooooooooooooooood, June 22nd can't be any further away

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olpUQdsKqv0

That ending theme is really cool, very dreamy effect in the beginning with the flanger all over the place, love it! 

I've been trying to get back into an anime show with a good amount of episodes like Durarara, especially since season 2 is out for it. I always liked that creepy theme song it had. 

Speaking of ending themes, Ninja Slayer has the best ending themes

(no spoilers, just good music)

Just a note on Kiznaiver, but they explain in the very first episode that for the organizations goal they gathered 7 people who they feel deemd to be the current generation 7 deadly sins. Expect instead of lust, greed, etc. They believe the sins have changed into musclehead, idiot, etc. The characters are suppose to be tropes!

Maybe I'm just a baka hentai desu but I thought those were referring to high school tropes rather than anime tropes. Like even the chick in control of the experiment seems pretty tropey, she's all quiet and mysterious and emotionless and I feel like I've seen her exact character a dozen times. But whatever, most of the characters are actually pretty cool anyways

I feel like we can't use "They're supposed to be tropes" as an excuse anymore, it's been done too many times. It's just bad/boring characters at this point.

I watched the first or second episode of Kiznaiver last week (I was just watching it because my brother was, and he may have already seen the first), and I could see everything (other than one of them being fat, and the eccentric not actually being an eccentric... But still kind of being eccentric) coming from miles away.

Oh wow, that guy is tough but he's scared of dogs? Wow, that's really interesting.

Oh wow, that girl who didn't want to tell her secret, then walked off was a murderer? Wow, that's really interesting.

Oh wow, that red haired girl likes the cool quiet guy who can't feel anything. Wow, that's really interesting.

I dunno... 

Edit: Maybe I shouldn't say bad/boring, because maybe it was interesting the first time it was done, but it's definitely worn out.

Edited by daikonboy101