Sign in to follow this  
Epsicode

New save bug: map progress is lost, XP is saved

Good morning crashers,

I'm posting this bug report because after extensive research on the subjects I haven't seen anyone with the same issue:

Yesterday I was playing with my newly unlocked IceSkimo, and I got disconnected from XBOX Live (my router lost the ADSL signal for a few minutes). Offline I did the Desert level, then UFO level, and exited to the map at the beginning of Desert Chase.

I then quit the game, and on the leaderboard menu from the title screen I had to login back to Live in order to check the boards.

Today I've started the game (this time always connected to Live), only to find that my character was back in Desert, with UFO and Chase locked. I proceeded to fight my way through Desert Chase again, went back to map to save, exited the game and reloaded: back to Desert again.

I've tried the session logout/login, whether on the title screen or in game: it doesn't work, and it still won't save if I beat the levels again. Dying on Desert Chase to go back to the map instead of using the menu doesn't save either.

Oddly, all my experience and weapon progress are saved, only the map is affected. I've tried using another new unlocked char and the map progress is saved for him.

I guess that I can't play my favorite IceSkimo character until the update, if you guys manage to correct this bug.

I'm pretty sure that it can be easily reproduced, but as you can understand I am not willing to loose anymore characters.

Cheers,

Epsicode

Good morning crashers,

I'm posting this bug report because after extensive research on the subjects I haven't seen anyone with the same issue:

Yesterday I was playing with my newly unlocked IceSkimo, and I got disconnected from XBOX Live (my router lost the ADSL signal for a few minutes). Offline I did the Desert level, then UFO level, and exited to the map at the beginning of Desert Chase.

I then quit the game, and on the leaderboard menu from the title screen I had to login back to Live in order to check the boards.

Today I've started the game (this time always connected to Live), only to find that my character was back in Desert, with UFO and Chase locked. I proceeded to fight my way through Desert Chase again, went back to map to save, exited the game and reloaded: back to Desert again.

I've tried the session logout/login, whether on the title screen or in game: it doesn't work, and it still won't save if I beat the levels again. Dying on Desert Chase to go back to the map instead of using the menu doesn't save either.

Oddly, all my experience and weapon progress are saved, only the map is affected. I've tried using another new unlocked char and the map progress is saved for him.

I guess that I can't play my favorite IceSkimo character until the update, if you guys manage to correct this bug.

I'm pretty sure that it can be easily reproduced, but as you can understand I am not willing to loose anymore characters.

Cheers,

Epsicode

I've noticed that you cannot play Castle Crashers without being connected to Xbox Live. When you start up the game it will be the same as the trial version. I know how you feel though, it was worse for me because NOTHING would save. I had to delete and then re-download the game.

That's kinda weird, never experienced that one myself. I supposed if you REALLY wanna play as Iceskimo right away, you could always erase his data and start him from level 1.

On the main title screen go into the Player Statistics screen, select the Iceskimo, and then I believe you can press Y to bring up the erasure prompt.

Not the most ideal solution, but with how long it takes to get back to the Desert, it'll be quicker than waiting on a patch.

I've had the same issue in the desert you had. I'm not positive, but in my own experience, the game doesn't save your progress at every point. If you beat the level right after the barbarian boss but don't proceed past the Theives Forest, it will be locked the next time you play. Same thing happens if you beat the Flowery Fields but don't finish off the Wedding Crasher level. I think that it has to do with beating a boss or other significant game waypoint. Just keep playing further and you'll be fine.

Teo has got the right idea. From what I can tell you have to complete a string of levels before it'll save. Some levels are strung together seamlessly. For example at the end of Forest Entrance when you go right and switch screens it'll take you directly to the Thieves Forest level. If you die or exit to map then you can select Thieves Forest but if you exit the game before completing Thieves Forest the next time you play you're kicked back to Forest Entrance. I think you have to play up to a level where it kicks you back to the map at the end of the level without dying or hitting 'exit to map.'

Don't know if this was intentional or not. Seems kinda silly to kick you back to the beginning of a section just because you don't finish it in one sitting.

Try playing up to and finishing Sand Castle Roof before quitting next time and report back. :P

I've had the same issue in the desert you had. I'm not positive, but in my own experience, the game doesn't save your progress at every point. If you beat the level right after the barbarian boss but don't proceed past the Theives Forest, it will be locked the next time you play. Same thing happens if you beat the Flowery Fields but don't finish off the Wedding Crasher level. I think that it has to do with beating a boss or other significant game waypoint. Just keep playing further and you'll be fine.

Thank you Teo, beating Sand Castle resolved the problem and my progress was saved :arrow:

Well, at least there is still a "bug" for Behemoth to fix

Yes, one of many bugs to zap. Until that happens, before you quit the game, *always* go into a store or the weapons frog and walk back out to the map. You will see "Saving" at the bottom. When that disappears, it is safe to quit out to the menu, and from the menu out to the dashboard (using the game's menu).

Yes, one of many bugs to zap. Until that happens, before you quit the game, *always* go into a store or the weapons frog and walk back out to the map. You will see "Saving" at the bottom. When that disappears, it is safe to quit out to the menu, and from the menu out to the dashboard (using the game's menu).

Nope, I did that, the new weapon chosen in the Frog was saved, but not the map progress. The only way is to beat the next waypoint.