Sign in to follow this  
Guest Gentlemanly Man

The Elder Scrolls series

lvl 12 now

Should i start the main quest?

Focus on getting a house before anything else. If you start doing too many things then you'll have too much stuff and no where to put them. I'm level 45 and have completed the majority of the game and I still haven't beaten the main questline. I'm saving that one for last.

Just remember that you won't get anything THAT good after beating it, because the endgame armor sucks... :roll:

It's decent if you beat the main quest line early on and don't really have any high level gear or good custom enchantments yet.

Shivering Isles gives you better stuff.... but only if you're at a high enough level.

It's decent if you beat the main quest line early on and don't really have any high level gear or good custom enchantments yet.

Shivering Isles gives you better stuff.... but only if you're at a high enough level.

yeah because of all the dead knights who died fighting the gate keeper

uhm am i still able to buy a house even if im being hunted by the guards with a bounty of over 100000? because i dont to to go to jail and lose my skills... :(

and how much is a house there? is it very expensive?

uhm am i still able to buy a house even if im being hunted by the guards with a bounty of over 100000? because i dont to to go to jail and lose my skills... :(

and how much is a house there? is it very expensive?

You can get your skills back. It's no biggie really.

It's 5,000 G's for the house in Anvil. It's got the best price compared to the other houses in the game. Not to mention it's got the most storage space. Heck, I think the house in Bravil is more expensive and that's just a shack.

It's 5,000 G's for the house in Anvil. It's got the best price compared to the other houses in the game. Not to mention it's got the most storage space. Heck, I think the house in Bravil is more expensive and that's just a shack.

What a bunch of free loaders!! :lol:

Guest NinJ00

Why do you guys level up? You can do almost everything at level 1 and then do Dark Brotherhood at level 2. And to do the Thieves Guild best become Arch-Mage first, then you can just grab the Staff and its not stealing.

Why do you guys level up? You can do almost everything at level 1 and then do Dark Brotherhood at level 2. And to do the Thieves Guild best become Arch-Mage first, then you can just grab the Staff and its not stealing.

I don't see why not. You can just adjust the difficulty bar to whatever setting you feel is suitable to your character or just lower it if you feel like slaughtering everyone in your way. That and the fact level one loot is complete garbage. Besides, I don't see the dignity in fighting rats when you're the Arch-Mage.

For Houses, personal Opinion:

If you can spare the points, get the Fighter's Stronghold. It is definitely the best house (sorry, Castle) in terms of storage. It's also probably one of the nicer houses to boot.

Don't want to shell the points? stick with the house in rather Anvil or Bravil. Although Bravil seems to be "just a shack", I find it has the best storage out of all the houses for a reasonable price for how it looks, and you don't have to kill a Lich and some ghosts and run around to find this one person who sold you the house in Anvil to tell him you were sold a haunted house like the Anvil house :D

For a high price storage place, the house in Skingrad is definitely the best for having all those display cases to put your prize possessions you found in. Display cases are always a neat way to say "Hey, look at my stuff! Isn't it awesome!?". That, plus a small basement stuffed with barrels and crates, main section being two levels, and the upper sleeping area makes for some interesting little ways to store your stuff, and provides lots of organization.

Afterwards, there really isn't that much in terms of a good house. the other 3 DLC houses are pretty cool, but really class-specific to a degree, and nowhere near as great for storage as Fighter's Stronghold.

Of course, you could do what I did when I got far enough with lots of money, and just buy all the houses and determin for yourself which house you want most.

Just found this topic

woot oblivion, ive been playing it since it came out but due to many comp crashes and such i have to keep reinstalling :(

i just beat the mages guild quests and now i am kinda bored, ill probably just do SI again because thats much more fun than the original quest line

no bacause oblivion is 1,000 times better and fallout has absolutely no fun in it because of vats

Agreed.

Well Vats MADE Fallout 3. The problem I see is: Limited quests. Rare city to Roleplay in. ALOT of generic people. No weather.

Just things off the top of my head.

no bacause oblivion is 1,000 times better and fallout has absolutely no fun in it because of vats

Agreed.

Well Vats MADE Fallout 3. The problem I see is: Limited quests. Rare city to Roleplay in. ALOT of generic people. No weather.

Just things off the top of my head.

I dont see why people complain about VATS

Thats like complaining about a turn based RPGs combat system

I dont see why people complain about VATS

Thats like complaining about a turn based RPGs combat system

I know what you mean.....people hate the game, but for the wrong reasons.

Oblivion is bigger and has magic, color and life after story completion(from what I remember), but Fallout 3 has Wazer wifles!!

Ressurecting the dead!!!

Thread revives...

Anywsays, I LOVE the elder scrolls, I have Morrowind and Oblivion, and I prefer Oblivion (But I never really gave Morrowing a chance :/ guess I'll start playing it again soon)

I have like a lvl 36 that I just recently beat the game with...

I really like the level up system, it's different than a lot of games, which is cool...

Anyways, I'll probably start playing it again after i take a shower :D

In my effort to save money and not give into the temptation of buying videogames I've started playing Oblivion again. I was addicted before and now that I'm playing it once more I can feel the game consuming my soul again. I've actually contributed quit a bit to the USEP for those of you wondering about my level of commitment. That being said I hope you all wish me the best of luck and remind me to get some sunlight every once in a while.