DRAKEN KORIN404

how to draw like dan?

im not really sure wher to put this so i just decided

anyways ive always wanted a book or somthing to show how to draw like dan.like how he does his hands and stuff?.lately ive beeen watching in media his speeded up videos and it just makes me want it more.Is there a name to this style is there a book can you make a book :?: And also like diffrent techniuqes(sp)

HELP :!::?

Why do you want to copy someone else's style? You should work on developing your own style. Not sure if you'd be completely happy if you started to produce art that looks exactly like another artist's work.

I know I wouldn't be satisfied. :o

Dan goes to a waterfall every morning, and meditates until the sun rises, and the moon settles behind the hills... follow his way, and enlightenment will fuse your fingers with grace never before seen.

• Upvote 1

Are you going to send any fan art to Dan for his birthday?

When's his birthday? :shock:

Also, I don't know if he uses any techniques, but there is an animating guide in the Store. :P

I'd go onto his Newgrounds account and really study the way he does faces (especially on his 'flathead symphony' video).

Also, from what I can tell he creates simple sketches on paper, scans them in, and finalizes them in Macromedia Flash. This is different from most artists who use Illustrator and Photoshop.

The 'slick' style behind his outlines come from:

• Pressure-sensitive brush in Flash.

• Macromedia Flash's unique way of handling dynamic lines.

I say take some pictures from Alien Hominid and try to draw those out first, then move on to Castle Crashers, which has more detail and a lot of fine lines. You might even want to start on his pre-Hominid material.

it really wouldn't be helpful for you to try and emulate anyone's artwork. the best way to get noticed and get anywhere as an artist is to find your own flavor.

if you liking the simplicity of the designs then i suggest you should go to the zoo and try and draw some of the animals you're seeing with simplified features. you'll learn ways you like and dislike when it comes to drawing things.

i don't really know how to tell you to draw like me. it's kind of like trying to describe your handwriting. really hard. :D

i am glad you like my work this much! can't wait to see what you pump out when you hone your skills!

Style comes through practice.

Style is basically the end result of drawing alot and falling into your own rhythm. The shapes Dan uses just come to him naturally, its why its hard to explain. Like said before its just like hand writing. it evolves on its one while you work.

Basically any question you can ask about improving in art is answered just by drawing more. Draw what you see around you.

If you like someones style then incorporating some of it into you work is a good idea, BUT trying to learning only from someone elses art will end up actually hurting your drawing skills in the long run

To be honest, I found my art style, and I hope you don't mind, by emulating Dans art style, and when I could draw pretty closely to his standard, I branched out, chopped and changed. The reason why I did this is that my drawings needed structure since I thought they looked pretty much horrible, but from learning something I thought looked good allowed me to develop my own set of guidelines to accompany my style, good luck with the drawing, if you want any examples of my styles progression, feel free to ask :)

What I find perplexing is that even though I can consistently draw to a pretty decent standard, my handwriting is always quite bad unless I go slowly and put effort into it, must be the doctor genes.

EDIT

Maybe you have to be left handed

It is good to make your own way of drawing things. ;) The only time I draw like dan is when I'm making Behemoth fan art. ;) (Sometimes, I'll draw them my way to spice things up a bit. ;) )

to draw like dan you have to be dan :ugeek:

and sorry but all the danp lives in the stock are gone,he won the paladin loves me event.Well,commit suicide and see if you cn get any future designer's life! ;)

The Dan Paladin has spoken!

And yes, you get noticed a lot better by using your own art style.

I'm sure Dan would like to see someone else's version of a Castle Crashers knight rather than one that, if he wanted to see it, he could just pull out a pencil, paper, and Adobe Flash.

idk, like for me i warm up by drawing one castle crasher and then the alien hominid guy...but in all seriousness i do draw a little bit like dan p. but try like 3 or 4 or a gajillion times till you think you got it, i did it like 2..3 times and i got it right (i think) so thats my advice

I would love a Dan P art book. Also it is fine to copy artists you like to learn how they draw certain things and approach different problems;  most people would advise that to not be your final goal. I started with Dan's style in middle school and am now in a totally different place artistically.

Edited by Tayseanpwns
  • Upvote 1

Necrobump or not, I have a legitimate answer.

To draw like Paladin of Dan you need to go to the top of pencil mountain which you will find the book of Hattington. Go to page 666 of the book and say the spell at the bottom of the page. Then, harness the power of the Doritos and combine it with a good 'ol can of mountain dew and then-

yep, legitimate answer.

• Upvote 1