Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jmcruz96

Discussing to ban or not ban the Lvl 256 glitch

Guest Jmcruz96

hi my name is Jonathan and this my 6th post. I was just wondering if anyone else knew about this glitch and if it is going to get banned. I dont think it should get banned but i would like to see what other people have to say about it.

It is a hack spread through an interface glitch, and negatively influences the leaderboards. These are bannable offenses and are against the XBL ToS.

There is nothing to debate. The only reason 30-something thousand people haven't been banned yet is because Microsoft hasn't made their move.

Guest Jmcruz96
It is a hack spread through an interface glitch, and negatively influences the leaderboards. These are bannable offenses and are against the XBL ToS.

There is nothing to debate. The only reason 30-something thousand people haven't been banned yet is because Microsoft hasn't made their move.

well i did this glitch/hack myself and it did not require an interface glitch

To Ban or not Ban??!!!!!

yeah......... Next thing you'll tell us that it's legit. :lol:

Well no one should be banned. especially the people who got this by accident.

If only there was a way to find the source of the hack.

To Ban or not Ban??!!!!!

i dont think anyone should get ban i think microsoft should clear everyones save data that is lvl 256 and then patch the game so it cant come back and if someone finds a way to get it back then they should be ban becaue some people did get the glitch by accident

its a banable offence

people have been banned

the original top 30 or so of the game have been removed from the leaderboards

the proof being they arent visible on the leaderboards any more and if you type in their gamertag on live it will say

Code of conduct

the thing is proof is needed for bannings i beleive

so if people are talking about it on xbox live in txt or chat asking or giving out the mod

thats enough proof if you file a complaint and they get banned

as for the leaderboards a -1 would be good means to ban someone in my eyes

but as for the live market policing thats their call

ill tell you one thing for sure

anyone advertising in their bio or profile trying to sell mods or stuff in their account will get suspended or banned... look at xbox.com official forums for suspensions forum

youll see everything of what people are getting banned from

from offensive gamer tags to flames and calling out other people in profiles

even trying to say swear words with mistypes gets you in trouble

like B!!C# ...

get my drift?

basically live is for everyone to play and play fairly

kids and adults... i get mad when i let my son play a game and then some mofo starts swearing and stuff...

it does happen

also try playing a game of uno at 2am and youll see the people who risk being banned yelling and swearing all day and night

To Ban or not Ban??!!!!!

i dont think anyone should get ban i think microsoft should clear everyones save data that is lvl 256 and then patch the game so it cant come back and if someone finds a way to get it back then they should be ban becaue some people did get the glitch by accident

also there is no accidental way to do the glitch

its done with either a hex edit and transfer cables or cloning 2 profiles on a system with a modded character

in other words if some guy says want to be 256 and youve never played the game

you should know your cheating by going from level 1 to 256

weather or not you go from level 1 to 2

its still cheating

DROP THE BAN HAMMER ON THEM

its a banable offence

people have been banned

the original top 30 or so of the game have been removed from the leaderboards

the proof being they arent visible on the leaderboards any more and if you type in their gamertag on live it will say

Code of conduct

the thing is proof is needed for bannings i beleive

so if people are talking about it on xbox live in txt or chat asking or giving out the mod

thats enough proof if you file a complaint and they get banned

as for the leaderboards a -1 would be good means to ban someone in my eyes

but as for the live market policing thats their call

ill tell you one thing for sure

anyone advertising in their bio or profile trying to sell mods or stuff in their account will get suspended or banned... look at xbox.com official forums for suspensions forum

youll see everything of what people are getting banned from

from offensive gamer tags to flames and calling out other people in profiles

even trying to say swear words with mistypes gets you in trouble

like B!!C# ...

get my drift?

basically live is for everyone to play and play fairly

kids and adults... i get mad when i let my son play a game and then some mofo starts swearing and stuff...

it does happen

also try playing a game of uno at 2am and youll see the people who risk being banned yelling and swearing all day and night

Swearing in a game should not get you banned sorry but it says online interactions not rated by the ESRB for a reason

Hm, well I should probably take out the What Would Brian Boitano Do? song on my bio. It's probably copyrighted and has an inappropriate word or two.

But I won't since it's just too amazing.

swearing in your profile is punishable

having swearing or profane in your gamertag too is punishable

yelling and sweaing in text or at other people in flaming is also punishable

example

if i was playing a game of uno and told you to f off i could be banned for that

I'm aware that's it bannable but I'm still not going to change my bio because I believe it doesn't harm anyone directly unless they allow it to.

Yeah this is true. Most people who have this did do it on purpose.

Well.......I really can't add anything more.

I, uh, beleive, that Americans can't locate the United States on a map, because, there isn't enough focus on crisis, and that we don't put enough importance on maps, like South Africa, and, uh, the Irak, and...

:lol:

Nah. 256 need punishing. Not banning. Some innocent lives would loose Xbox live accounts due to irrational actions and hacks from others. They should simply be banned from Castle Crashers. And removed from leaderboards. And denied oxygen.

you can put whatever you want in your bio etc

but your going to piss off someone one day and all they have to do is file report

then your suspended from posting in your bio for 3 weeks

take your pic

i had to change my gamertag due to alcohol reference

mind you theres over 10000 more people with pot or booze in their tags and they still have it

someone out there thought.. hmnn lets piss off feedle and report his tag because he hates modders who ruined one of his favourite games...

thats great.. i got to change my gamertag for free

also got alot of people banned who were responsible for that

ahem

Tiny toes

i'll freely admit I also have the 256 glich, got it the same day I got bored of Castle Crashers and never played it for months (I ONLY PLAYED BY MYSELF ONCE I GOT IT)

My gamertag cannot be changed from reporting,because everyone at Microsoft Xbox knows me,and they know it could never be offensive. :lol:

Also,every month,on a certain day(changes every month),they do a profile sweep of all the bad words and such,and although it doesn't pick up on most of them,it picks them up.

256 cannot be done accidentally,because I know the methods,and anyone who did it,did it intentionally,with the knowledge of cheating in their mind.

Xbox Live is supposed to be a family friendly environment,meaning,you can report somebody for swearing,under In-Game Voice.

Also Feedle,your reporting system with Comments,I suggested that,they said it was a good idea,and will think about it being in the next release,that's all I can do. :)

Well played Comp0, Well played. :D

Ban :!: Ban :!: Ban :!: Ban it with the BANHAMMER :!:

And it should be done indiscriminatley seeing as there is no way to "accidently" get a 256. Anyone telling you their "friend" or "sibling" did it is just playing you for a chump. My favorite is when they call it an "infection", oh man does that get me every time. :lol:

They should put in thier description, that they're cheaters. Like how they did when people where getting hacking to get Gamer points.

Agreed

Ok, I will tell you right now, the 256s will never be banned, ever. This will lose them a ridiculous ammount of money for any possible DLC for the game. The only thing I could possibly see happening, is the resetting of all Castle Crasher levels.

Ok, I will tell you right now, the 256s will never be banned, ever. This will lose them a ridiculous ammount of money for any possible DLC for the game. The only thing I could possibly see happening, is the resetting of all Castle Crasher levels.

it wont loose them any money for the dlc since microsoft gets most of it ...

behemoth gets profits from the games they make mainly

as for the morons doing the glitch...

ive never given up my battle to fight

and they will be banned

sooner or LATER

Guest omarscap3

i think it should be bannable, and also patches don't help you can unpatch stuff

go to the xbox menu> sytem settings>memory> hard drive>Y> button and im not telling the rest.

I am indifferent to them getting banned. From the people I have asking me daily to help them get the glitch, I don't think many of them (prolly not a day over 8 y.o.) understand what they are getting into. However, I think those who have the glitch should most definitely be reset and get rid of it all together.