Sign in to follow this  
Bloob

Team Fortress 2

TF2 is still my Skinner Box 3 years later.

Since it's free now, we should get people together and have some events or something.

Well, we could start one just whenever you want. Really, I mean it.

Well, we could start one just whenever you want. Really, I mean it.

I think the first step would be to organize the event through The Behemoth steam group:

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/thebehemoth

The problem is the admin seems to have vanished, so we would need to somehow contact him. Otherwise, we would need to start a new one (probably won't have as much members as the existing group).

Then we would need to find a server to host (can be temporary if it's a weekly thing). I have tried hosting a TF2/Minecraft server before, but players said that it was laggy :cry:

Also, you guys seen all this crazy stuff about foundry and meett the pyro?

-Meet the pyro is done, expect a major update.

-Tobor has resurfaced, he used to be an unused texture from the engineer update.

-The australian christmas update 2011 map, foundry, has a bunch of yet unexplained pics hidden behind the red spawn.

-Valve hinted release of the update "On the 31st of valvetobor" source: tony paloma, valve employee.

-Valve has stopped updating for three weeks now, they're gathering content.

-We know for sure that the update will have a new game mode, likely called "raid mode". An early version of raid mode had the BLU attacking against the RED bots, whose spawn behaviors were not unlike that of L4D2's infected.

That's all I can get off the top of my head for now.

Yo if anyone wants to add me on steam here it is

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ultrazX

I mostly play tf2 and you can find me in tf2lobby because im not a hipster who pubs all day and actually likes to play with skillful people.

I own three of the most powerful stranges in the world and I also own the travon protector.

:-P

Hot stuff from the TF2 schema! They've hidden all sorts of lines that imply things!

[color=#DDDDDD]
[left]TF_GC_TEAM[/left]
[/color]
TF_GC_TEAM_DEFENDERS
TF_GC_TEAM_BROADCASTER
TF_GC_TEAM_SPECTATOR
TF_GC_TEAM_PLAYER_POOL
TF_GC_TEAM_NOTEAM*Ú
TFLeaverStatus_t
TF_LEAVER_NONE
TF_LEAVER_DISCONNECTED#
TF_LEAVER_DISCONNECTED_TOO_LONG
TF_LEAVER_ABANDONED
TF_LEAVER_AFK
TF_LEAVER_NEVER_CONNECTED&
"TF_LEAVER_NEVER_CONNECTED_TOO_LONG*u
TFLobbyReadyState
TFLobbyReadyState_UNDECLARED
TFLobbyReadyState_ACCEPTED
TFLobbyReadyState_DECLINED*ƒ
ChatChannelType_t
ChatChannelType_Regional
ChatChannelType_Custom
ChatChannelType_Party
ChatChannelType_LobbyBH€
[color=#DDDDDD][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3][i]TF_MatchmakingMode[/i][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#DDDDDD][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3][i]TF_Matchmaking_QUICKPLAY[/i][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#DDDDDD][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3][i]TF_Matchmaking_TOBOR$[/i][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#DDDDDD][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3][i]TF_Matchmaking_INDIVIDUAL_RANKEDd[/i][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#DDDDDD][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3][i]TF_Matchmaking_TEAM_RANKEDe.[/i][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#DDDDDD][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3][i]*TF_Matchmaking_INDIVIDUAL_CLASS_RESTRICTEDf([/i][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#DDDDDD][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3][i]$TF_Matchmaking_TEAM_CLASS_RESTRICTEDg&[/i][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#DDDDDD][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3][i]"TF_Matchmaking_INDIVIDUAL_MARATHONh [/i][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#DDDDDD][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3][i]TF_Matchmaking_TEAM_MARATHONi[/i][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#DDDDDD][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3][i]TF_Matchmaking_[/i][/size][/font][/color][b][u]COMMANDER[/u][/b][color=#DDDDDD][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3][i]j*Ÿ[/i][/size][/font][/color]

The last line, you got it right, it reads "COMMANDER". Now look at what the TF2 wiki has to say on this!

http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Commander

Sounds good so far huh?

But wait, it gets better!

TF_Matchmaking_TOBOR_CRSK$
TF_Matchmaking_TOBOR_CRSK_GLaDOS%
!TF_Matchmaking_TOBOR_CRSK_Wheatly#
TF_Matchmaking_TOBOR_CRSK_ATLAS#
TF_Matchmaking_TOBOR_CRSK_PBody#
TF_Matchmaking_TOBOR_CRSK_CCube!
TF_Matchmaking_TOBOR_CRSK_DOG#
TF_Matchmaking_TOBOR_CRSK_RZOEY*

Tobor is a robot backwards, CRSK means Character Skin, and these last bits correspond to popular Valve characters from Half Lie, Portal and Left 4 Dead!

Doesn't that sound great?

In other news: Grordbort weapons Mk3 rumored for this week.

In other news: Grordbort weapons Mk3 rumored for this week.

Also terribly silly Medic Goggles.

I want them.

I know right? They're uncanny. Personally I'm more of a fan of the scout pack, which one of my friends has promised he would buy me the day it comes out!

Since nothing happened today, I think next week's going to be a week-long update!

Can't say for sure, but this sounds like something that is going to happen, since the Über Update happened exactly a year ago next week!

I am so ready for the MvM update... The first pre-update splash page on teamfortress.com will have me sigh in relief.

Anyone else just backed up on metal after playing so long without a major update? :-P I've sworn off using refined and have been saving at least two duplicate weapons for when the new blueprints drop.

Edited by CSword123
  • Upvote 1

I am so ready for the MvM update... The first pre-update splash page on teamfortress.com will have me sigh in relief.

Anyone else just backed up on metal after playing so long without a major update? :-P I've sworn off using refined and have been saving at least two duplicate weapons for when the new blueprints drop.

No, because it just so happens that I haven't had access to a computer that can run TF2 since April.

I had some metals and keys, but I gave them away. For example Fel got a hottie's hoodie and Milk got some engie spurs.

But yeah, I'm pretty damn hyped for the update. I'm constantly checking the speculation threads on facepunch and SPUF. It's going to be great.

• Upvote 1

Aaaaand the banana ARG completely flew over the thread's head! Haha!

Well if you want a summary of what's happening right now, here's a summary:

>Implying they really forgot and didn't leave them there on purpose just to sparkle speculation.

Anyways, I already have all of the pyromania set hats, all I need now are two miscs and the beggar's bazooka and I'm done with this update.

The new scout scattergun is excellent. I feel like it charges up boost just fast enough to justify a reset on jump.

New pistol might be a bit too good. Course the fire damage vulnerability is a big downside, but the decreased rate of fire means more accuracy, and you slap 20 more health on top of that.

New sniper rifle is very nice. It sounds satisfying and the focus mode is great.

The new SMG is very hard to get a first kill with, but once you get the first kill it's KGB 2: electric boogaloo.

If you got more in the pipeline you feel like releasing soon, go ahead Valve, I'm ready! I won't blame you if you take your time though.

*cough cough*

Does anyone want to get a Behemoth Forum team together for the Mann Vs. Machine Coop mode?

Soon as I have a computer you can count on me.

Mann up or regular MvM?

I feel like I should be a expert playing for having 100+ hours, but most of that time was on warioware/minigame servers. The only thing im really good at is hitting stuff at far distances with the flare gun, actually sap enemies stuff when im a spy insted of running around trying to backstab everything in sight, running away as a medic, and knowing where to put good sentry placements in mann vs machine.

You guys.

What are you guys doing this weekend?

We should all play this video game you guys.

That feel when no computer :cry:

Since ever :cry: