Sign in to follow this  
Sully

Rock Band (and Guitar Hero, I guess)

I've been playing plastic guitar since Guitar Hero 1, but I've completely abandoned the Guitar Hero series in favor of the Rock Band series. I make high quality FC (Full Combo/100%) vids and post them on youTube- here are some examples:

<---- Split screen!

<---- Full band!

Anyone other plastic instrument players out there?

You can claim me as one.

I'm practically the one that spread GH1 all around my school.

Expert from GH1 - RB2.

GH has become really stupid lately.

And I hear from a friend that smash hits (has alot of the classic GH songs) really sucks.

And that Through the fire and the flames litterally is impossible without the GH4 controller bar gimmick Because it's all Purple notes.

RB>GH but I might get GH5. I own every single RB and GH game. Check out some of my vids. My username on utube is Xemnas879

I play expert on all instruments

You can claim me as one.

Expert from GH1 - RB2.

And I hear from a friend that smash hits (has alot of the classic GH songs) really sucks.

And that Through the fire and the flames litterally is impossible without the GH4 controller bar gimmick Because it's all Purple notes.

you realise you dont need the guitar to play purple notes, you just fret them without strumming

I'm a Rock Band fan myself. While I was a fan of the Guitar Hero games when they were in Harmonix's hands, they've more or less gone down hill since Neversoft took over. That, and Activision milking the music game genre for all it's worth :evil:.

Rock Band's approach is intelligent though. Rock Band 2 was released quite some time ago, and is still going incredibly strong due to it's robust catalog of music. While I'll admit Guitar Hero 5 has some intelligent new features to it, I still see no reason to abandon my amount of tunes of Rock Band for a few new features. More power to those that get it though. I just prefer Rock Band is all.

You can claim me as one.

Expert from GH1 - RB2.

you realise you dont need the guitar to play purple notes, you just fret them without strumming

I know, but like there's so many of them that his 2 hands can't even do them.

Says him of course.

I'm a Rock Band fan myself. While I was a fan of the Guitar Hero games when they were in Harmonix's hands, they've more or less gone down hill since Neversoft took over. That, and Activision milking the music game genre for all it's worth :evil:.

So true

If you guys want to keep up to date with what's going down in the RB/GH universe or see how your scores stack up with some of the best players in the world, checkout http://www.scorehero.com.

whats so good about scorehero, I only went there to set up custom songs for GH3 PC

I have only played my copy of GH:Metallica once and i enjoy it but can only do it on easy... :ninja: Yeah i know...

Yes i totally lurv it.

GH=GILLHUHN and GILLHUHN=expert guitar expert bass expert drums and expert vocals and almost all rock band DLC except like 2 song packs i havent gotten around to buying yet

If you guys want to keep up to date with what's going down in the RB/GH universe or see how your scores stack up with some of the best players in the world, checkout http://www.scorehero.com.

whats so good about scorehero, I only went there to set up custom songs for GH3 PC

I hate scorehero just a bunch of people who play rock band and guitar hero only for score which is lame play it for fun not omg 100%

Me: Expert SOME THINGS. I really haven't bothered with drums and singing, because I prefer to do my pretend shredding on a guitar (And, well, drums and vocals are entirely too close to actual drumming and singing. :D ). I should... but I only have the Rock Band 1 drums, which just flat-out don't work well (And I never bothered to try modding them or replacing them. Maybe I'll get the Rock Band: Beatles set... maybe). So I can get down with Expert on guitar or bass on almost all of the songs (Not counting DLC) when playing by myself, but if there's a band I'm with to save me then I'll give even the toughies a whirl on Expert.

I share HeavyHorse's opinion on Rock Band and Guitar Hero. I really appreciate Rock Band's support for downloadable content and transferring old songs to their new games, as well as the entire interface of their games (Compared to GH3 and upwards).

Guest Mitsuray

I started with GH:3, every single guitar hero that came out after that one i had 5 stars on all songs on expert sightread.

Since i had GH:3 for Wii (the outhers games i got for xBox 360 later) i didn't have the DLCs, but i practiced for an hour or somthing and almost FCed Revolution Death Squad (a friend that had the DLCs came to my house), so i was pretty happy, also FCed solo A from Surfing With The Alien and did some more cool stuff.

My GamerTag is Mitsuray.

(i'm also pretty leet on drums Expert and Expert +)

(the friend that got me to play the DLCs for almost a week also brought RB2... well... it was the 1st song i ever played on any RB but still... i had 4 stars on Visions 1st try :'( then later i got 5 and also 5 on Caprici Diaboli or somthing)

i started with gh2 and then i got every rock band or gh scince but i really do favor the rock band drums

I pretty much do everything on expert drums bass and guitar i have got a few vids on the almighty youtub my channel is XsargentwardX i do most vids with my partner in crime the amighty greg who dosnt share the same passion for cc as i do and it wont be long till i get a vid on with chris

I started with GH2 and moved on to the RB series because of all the songs being added through DLC. I do wish that it had a note scoring system similiar to the Beatmania series so online play would be more intuitive and enjoyable.

Oh and moar Queens of the Stone Age plz Harmonix :cry:

I have only played my copy of GH:Metallica once and i enjoy it but can only do it on easy... :ninja: Yeah i know...

Yes i totally lurv it.

same here. i got GHM and i can slightly pass medium difficulty... :(

Did anyone get GH5 i must say im really impressed with it seemed like i was playing gh for the first time all over again im really glad i bought i was going to pass on it and just get rock band beatles tommarow but free guitar hero van halen with purchase cant be beat im still getting and looking forward to the beatles however but so far i think gh5 is the game to beat i still love rock band however guitar hero drums are good but they just dont do it for me and the vocals in guitar hero also just dont have that awesome feel that the rb vocals do but for guitar i like guitar hero alot more circles are just better for guitar and bass just like rectangles are better for drums imo i also think i should note that i like rock band slightly more because i can play like 800 songs without switching a disc but gh5 does have importable songs for wt downloads and wt disc and smash hits disc which is nice all and all gh5 really wowed me like only metallica and gh3 did before it