Sign in to follow this  
MRvister

2 games in 1 week

For a bit of experience in programming I decided to make 2 games in 2 weeks. And since everyone is showing off their games at the moment, I thought I would.

I made one game in 2 days, and the other in 5 days. Both of the games were made using VB, since my friends didn't believe I could create awesome games in VB and they tried to convince me to use C#.

The first game is a simple game based off a game called "Orbox". I made it for an assessment in which our class had to develop a simple, yet educational VB game that would teach students various skills. (In my case, an annoying mathematics game with some annoying questions). I tried to steam line the game as much as possible without using the mouse. This game includes highscores, which are stored in a text file. It's really not that great, but if you like puzzles and/or maths...

Capture-7.png

http://www.filefront.com/14293901/Boulder%20Rush.zip

My second game is a TD called Graveyard Defense, which doesn't contain annoying questions. This is the game that needs some serious testing. It's a simple game, you build towers, and you try not to let the enemy reach the end of the path.

Capture-8.png

http://www.filefront.com/14293959/Grave ... efense.zip

Both of these games are compressed and are under 1MB.

KNOWN GLITCHES FOR GD:

- Towers' projectiles miss and sometimes freeze in midair, but then continue on.

- Pause button can cause towers not to shoot.

For a bit of experience in programming I decided to make 2 games in 2 weeks. And since everyone is showing off their games at the moment, I thought I would.

I made one game in 2 days, and the other in 5 days. Both of the games were made using VB, since my friends didn't believe I could create awesome games in VB and they tried to convince me to use C#.

The first game is a simple game based off a game called "Orbox". I made it for an assessment in which our class had to develop a simple, yet educational VB game that would teach students various skills. (In my case, an annoying mathematics game with some annoying questions). I tried to steam line the game as much as possible without using the mouse. This game includes highscores, which are stored in a text file. It's really not that great, but if you like puzzles and/or maths...

Capture-7.png

http://www.filefront.com/14293901/Boulder%20Rush.zip

My second game is a TD called Graveyard Defense, which doesn't contain annoying questions. This is the game that needs some serious testing. It's a simple game, you build towers, and you try not to let the enemy reach the end of the path.

(Link and pictures being uploaded)

KNOWN GLITCHES FOR GD:

- Towers' projectiles miss and sometimes freeze in midair, but then continue on.

- Pause button can cause towers not to shoot.

These both look awesome! No one can top you when it comes to making games! (Cept for Comp0, but he works for Microsoft :P )

These both look awesome! No one can top you when it comes to making games! (Cept for Comp0, but he works for Microsoft :P )

I'm doing some simple code changes for Graveyard Defense. It doesn't unload properly but I've fixed it now and I'll upload ASAP.

I tried the first one! Great job! I got stuck on level three, not being too much of the thinking type :P

The math problems were pretty cool too. Gotta get ready for school somehow! ;)

It was intended for intermediate students. :lol:

Graveyard Defense is uploaded, posting link now.

I tried the first one! Great job! I got stuck on level three, not being too much of the thinking type :P

I loved (am still loving) the tower defense game you created. There seem to be a few problems with the way the bullets fire from the towers, and it would be wonderful if you could limit the grid to just the areas where towers can be built, but besides that, I love the game so far! :D

I loved (am still loving) the tower defense game you created. There seem to be a few problems with the way the bullets fire from the towers, and it would be wonderful if you could limit the grid to just the areas where towers can be built, but besides that, I love the game so far! :D

So that the grid is removed from the path?

Essentially, yes. That may prove to be a bit difficult, though, so I'm fine with it as is.

It really depends on how it's going to look so I'm going to do a prntscreen and see how it looks.

EDIT: You're right, It's harder than it looks.

umm this may be me but it gave me a question asking what 11 / 3 equals so i guessed 3.6 repeated but it said that was wrong and when i guessed the second time it said that 4 was the correct answer :? you might want to fix that...

here is a screenshot.

[attachment=0]game bug.jpg[/attachment]

pretty sure that is wrong :|

umm this may be me but it gave me a question asking what 11 / 3 equals so i guessed 3.6 repeated but it said that was wrong and when i guessed the second time it said that 4 was the correct answer :? you might want to fix that...

here is a screenshot.

[attachment=0]game bug.jpg[/attachment]

pretty sure that is wrong :|

Yeah, it rounds the number. :|

Thanks for that, I'm going to add some code in right now since that game is for an assignment, and it has to be perfect.

I also noticed that little bug with the math. Cursed simple math, with your 12 / 3 = 4, and your 10 / 3 = 3.333333333333...(it's endless) but rather tells me that 3 is the right answer due to rounding, stupid rounding.

Also, curse you, BEDMAS, you always like to screw around, even after people tell you to stop screwing around... :P

but otherwise, interesting game... although GD is probably more my cup-o-tea (have yet to download it).