Sign in to follow this  
Guest Darius

Will we be reimbursed for our loses?

Guest Darius

Ok, I'm a little angry right now. I typed out a HUGE rant, but instead I'll try to keep it small. I love Behemoth, I love castle crashers, and I love that they are trying so hard (I hope) to get the patch out as quickly as possible.

However, having these glitches in the first place is a problem. I just lost hours and hours of gameplay time due to the glitch that deletes your saves. (I was even playing offline.) Not only that, but one of the main reasons I bought this game was because of the 4 player online co-op. Which hardly even works. Not even with 2 people can I get a reliable connection, it's ALWAYS laggy from time to time, and chances are you'll get kicked away from each other eventually. I was really looking forward to playing with my friends, something I was promised with the purchase of the game, yet still denied. Some of us have put a lot of time into this game already, and despite losing all of my stuff I still will, but having NOTHING to show for the time I spent (Characters, ~20k+ gold, animals and weapons) is a major disappointment. Are we just going to get a patch for what should have been working in the first place and a "We're so sorry" or are we going to be reimbursed in someway? It doesn't seem fair if we aren't.

Woohoo, 3 am rant over. Sorry if I sound like a 'tard. I'm just a bit mad, this post is a lot nicer than my other one too. :]

to answer the title of the thread, probably not.

Reason why: Id rather have cheaters/glitchers lose it all with few losing aswell than having glitchers keep themselves @ 99.

Bad News: You Start over

Good News: You start over. You might start with a new character, find all the weapons you missed, save up gold for later stuff, etc.

You most likely won't get reimbursed. That means everyone is going to get reimbursed, and so far, the patch is the closest thing you are going to get for that.

But as Professor Choak said, now you have to start over, and that means more replay value then normal. Just know that if you were using the boomerang exploit, that should stop, as that's what causes data lose to many people here.

Guest Nitsud44
Just know that if you were using the boomerang exploit, that should stop, as that's what causes data lose to many people here.

(That's a myth)

The boomerang glitch can cause people to lose their data, but not directly.

A possible scenario where it can cause someone to lose data:

1. Player kills catfish with boomerang while it's stunned.

2. Graphics glitch up.

3. Game automatically begins saving process as it returns to world map.

4. Player turns off 360 or exits to dashboard while it's saving.

5. Player loses data.

I'm not saying the glitches aren't a bit of a set back, but I come from playing MMO's. I'm used to paying the price of this game every month just to suffer through the buggy hell that is just about any MMO when released to the public. Rarely are players reimbursed in these sort of games, where it is very simple for them to extend reserved play time, and the like.

I have yet to suffer any glitches that have caused any serious pain, and while not having online co-op functioning properly is a little annoying, I'll just deal with it until we get a fix.

Darius, I understand your frustration. I too lost my data (animals and weapons). Then, I attempted to come to this forum looking for answers... only to find a 404 error. For awhile there, I was feeling my anger rise, just like a Castle Crashers bee.

But beefore I blew my top... I decided to play through again. I realized that this game truly was designed to bee played over and over again. That's where the fun really is, and even with my weapons and animals vanishing... the game was still fun finding them all again. (This time, beecause I was focusing on it... I was able to get the animal orb achievement too.)

So now I have all my animals back, my weapons cache is close to capacity... and the whole time I was enjoying myself. Just remember this little mantra from your friendly neighborhood bee...

"What may bee sh*t for some... is honey for others."

Keep striving for that honey, fellow Castle Crashers.

Ok, I'm a little angry right now. I typed out a HUGE rant, but instead I'll try to keep it small. I love Behemoth, I love castle crashers, and I love that they are trying so hard (I hope) to get the patch out as quickly as possible.

However, having these glitches in the first place is a problem. I just lost hours and hours of gameplay time due to the glitch that deletes your saves. (I was even playing offline.) Not only that, but one of the main reasons I bought this game was because of the 4 player online co-op. Which hardly even works. Not even with 2 people can I get a reliable connection, it's ALWAYS laggy from time to time, and chances are you'll get kicked away from each other eventually. I was really looking forward to playing with my friends, something I was promised with the purchase of the game, yet still denied. Some of us have put a lot of time into this game already, and despite losing all of my stuff I still will, but having NOTHING to show for the time I spent (Characters, ~20k+ gold, animals and weapons) is a major disappointment. Are we just going to get a patch for what should have been working in the first place and a "We're so sorry" or are we going to be reimbursed in someway? It doesn't seem fair if we aren't.

Woohoo, 3 am rant over. Sorry if I sound like a 'tard. I'm just a bit mad, this post is a lot nicer than my other one too. :]

i rly don't care if we get reimbursed iv had the item and pet glitch happen to me two times in one day.. i didn't complain and i had over 30k in gold, i just worked on getting it all back at least they are working on fixing it.. that's good enough for meh :D

What bothers me much more than the understandable complaints are some of the retorts. (1) Just because other things are worse doesn't mean this situation isn't bad, or is even acceptable. (2) Insulting the heartbroken users who try to vent their acute frustration is heartless and uncalled for. (3) The broken save code is not a feature to enhance replay value.

I also lost all of my data...just for moving my hard drive to a friends house to play.

I had all the animals and weapons, and beat the game over 5 times and got all the arena characters.

This may give me a reason to replay it more but I don't necessarily want to...

I was planning on continuing to play it more to unlock the rest of the characters...

At least give me my animal orbs back or something through achievements.

I love and support the Behemoth but loosing 20+ hours of game-play is a bit overkill.

Guest magicmilner

With the patch I think the Behemoth should add maybe a new Character or 2 as a 'Sorry for the problems but thank you for your patience'

I haven't had any of the problems that you all have talked about. I know it would suck but I feel like some of the others, it would add replay value because you have to redo it. I wouldn't really mind because I really enjoy playing the game. However if I lost a lvl 60+ character i would probably be pissed because by that time you have spent alot of time just running through the game in order to level up.

i hear half the people tell me that they have no problems at all while playing castle crashers, but that doesn't matter because the one's who are having issues is our primary focus right now. we're working on the title update and although we may not respond back to EVERY post, we're doing our best to keep up with the communication. either way we're not going anywhere and we'll respond to as much as we can. thanks.

So far my only problem is not being able to play online, which is very annoying. My friend wants to bring his game to my house but I warned him not to until the patch is done. Any amount of time you can give us until it is done? Such as less then a week, or a month? Any time frame would help. :D

Emil, you guys at The Behemoth do a lot more for us than your typical game developer. Personally I think our re-imbursement comes in the form of communication and love.

I just wanted to thank you guys for being so great and making such a top notch title.

Also... Speaking of title... How's that update coming along? Think you could give us a heads up on how far along it is, or if it's awaiting cert from MS? I can play with one great friend, which is the most important thing, but we'd like to get our trio going. We've been waiting all summer and the one that can't connect I think cries himself to sleep at night while we crash castles. So I think if we had some sort of idea on how long we had to wait it'd be a little easier on the poor little fella. I mean he's an orphan afterall and doesnt have much to look forward to.. You wouldn't want to deprive that orphan of his only wish would you Emil? :P

I love you

-Frank

Darius, I understand your frustration. I too lost my data (animals and weapons). Then, I attempted to come to this forum looking for answers... only to find a 404 error. For awhile there, I was feeling my anger rise, just like a Castle Crashers bee.

But beefore I blew my top... I decided to play through again. I realized that this game truly was designed to bee played over and over again. That's where the fun really is, and even with my weapons and animals vanishing... the game was still fun finding them all again. (This time, beecause I was focusing on it... I was able to get the animal orb achievement too.)

So now I have all my animals back, my weapons cache is close to capacity... and the whole time I was enjoying myself. Just remember this little mantra from your friendly neighborhood bee...

"What may bee sh*t for some... is honey for others."

Keep striving for that honey, fellow Castle Crashers.

You for got to do it like this bee in some places.

Uh-huh. Im your little spell checker.

Anyway.... I have no comment on the topic. I have nothing to say.

Guest Darius

Were some of you REALLY suggesting that losing my data wasn't that bad? I got more "replay value"? I'll avoid all the insults I have for you, and just say if I wanted more replay value, and to get all of my data wiped, then I would just delete my save myself. This has to be the most stupid thing I've heard in a long -long- time.

As I stated before, I love the game, I love the people who made it, and I will continue to support them. It just isn't fair in any sense for us to buy a working game, get a non working product, and not get any sort of reimbursement for it. Would a free extra character or (oh dear god please) new levels be too much to ask for what we had to put up with?

Sorry for pushing some wrong buttons. I didn't realize you don't like the idea of people trying to be optimistic for you :roll:

But hey, they are at least patching this problem. Some games don't even get that! :P

Hmmmmm. With all due respect, why not use a memory unit to back up your saves? I'd do this myself, but I do not have a memory unit.

I don't think you can put the saves onto a memory stick, at least not for this game. If I could, I'd go to town ASAP and buy a memory stick to put it on. 8-)

Well, you haven't actually had any losses per se so you won't be reimbursed. But I feel your pain, I lost 50+ weapons and all the orbs. Then I went back through, got all my orbs back, and got every weapon I lost and then some. yay.

Hmmmmm. With all due respect, why not use a memory unit to back up your saves? I'd do this myself, but I do not have a memory unit.

Wouldn't that be wonderful. You can't. CC isn't the first game to prevent backups of save files, although it is the first I've seen which stores it into your profile (rather than a separate file you can find on your HDD). I really wish I could always back up saves.

I feel you Darius.

I won’t lie like some of these people on here. I know they are just trying to be nice and all, but yeah, I find that pathetic as well. I know I would be pissed if I lost everything I have in the game so far; my unlocked characters, my weapons, my animals, my stats, etc. This is vital, especially on a game like this (TONS of leveling up and unlockables) I mean, I can understand a game like "Braid" where you can beat it in about 3 or 4 hours. But on a game like this, it is indeed unacceptable.

I agree with you on all aspects. I too, love the Behemoth and support developers like this. Not many devs log in as many hours into forums and have the level of close contact with their fans (I have read some posts where people have played with Dan) and I applaud them for that. We do need more devs like them, but this is just too brutal.

Like I stated before, it hasn't happened to me, but man would I raise hell if it did, because I have put countless hours into this gem of a game, saving and such should have been priority one. I also agree that some form of reimbursement is in order, give us a character, some levels, even a new arena or two. Remember we are in America, the land of lawsuits and such. Don't take that as a direct threat from me, I love the company, but there are plenty of people that would take legal action. They will whine “I paid for something and the company didn’t deliver. Time is money and my time is valuable. I have lost countless hours on this game that was released with a memory erasing bug. I want millions”

Just cover your arses is what I am trying to say. Remember towards the end of last year, when Xbox Live went down for a couple of days? The big MS gave us all a free Arcade to download as an "ooops, our bad" and I got a free "Undertow" The Behemoth should offer something similar. Even a minor freebie, I’m sure would settle some really upset people down.

Now, before you guys start to flame and hate and post how stupid I am, or whatever. Save it, I am so over internet "fights". I do welcome honest and educated opinions though. Remember, I am a Behemoth supporter and will continue to be. Thus far, this game has offered me nothing but good and enjoyable times. But my time is valuable, so is yours I am sure, and after putting in so many hours and losing them is more than just some data loss.

Long live The Behemoth and small development companies that are not afraid of taking risks for the sake of giving gamers a memorable experience. Once again, I applaud all your efforts and wait patiently for the patch. Good work on this game (so far for me)

- My 2 cents...

I lost all of my data last night as well. It's frustration. More so because I don't have the time like some of you kids have to play and get everything back. Unlock the majority of you, I have kids, jobs, responsability. When I get a few hours of gaming, I like to have fun. I had fun with Castle Crashers until last night.

I'm not going to touch Castle Crashers until the patch that fixes those issues. I just don't have the time to loose my data again.

Should we be entitle to compensation? I really don't know. In one hand, I do not believe The Behemoth has the financial strenght to refund people (anyway, as it says on the Xbox live marketplace, items on not refundable) or start giving freebee to people. I highly doubt it.

What would make my day is if Someone over there would either email me or better call me to appologize. That would be class act right there. But again, doing so individually for everyone that had problems is a tromendous task.

The Behemoth will have to settle at fixing the game as fast as possible and deal with the image and reputaiton that the current situation has brought over them.

And this is coming from someone who has bought Alien Hominid HD, Castle Crashers, Figurines and T-Shirt from their store to Encourage them to continue to create great games.