chza

What are you listening to ATM?

Lately I've been listening to a lot of Paramore's Riot! album. Normally I don't like female singers, but Hayley Williams pulls it off.

• Upvote 1

Lately I've been listening to a lot of Paramore's Riot! album. Normally I don't like female singers, but Hayley Williams pulls it off.

The Pretty Reckless' Taylor Momsen has a decent voice, too

Oh, and so does Fergie

Can't get Razor Sharp from Pegboard Nerds out of my head... also a song called Bad Boy but I forgot from who... I update my sig ossancialy for a little 'mini-radio' feeling :3 I like sharing music.

Listening to this atm :D

Edited by ChaosWarfare360

What music do you like then?  Rap?  Because that's not real music anymore.

that has to be the most ignorant and biased thing I hear people babble on about.

To state that the interity of a genre spanning several decades of music, that went trhough many a cultural change as well as sonically, and dismissing it as "fake music" is the same close minded suburban racism/classism as "their goes the neighborhood". Whilst the sound of Hip Hop is constantly changing its face and maintaining social revelance, The Black Keys did what the White Stripes did, (but worse) and revived 60's and 70's Blues Rock. A genre which was started predominantly by the souther black artists in the early 1900's. Only later made popular in the 50's and 60's, when blue eyed blonde hair white guitartist directly stole the riffs, chord progressions and lyrics (See Led Zepplin) without crediting almost any of the original artists.

Yet we dismiss Hip Hop as "not real music" because unconventional use of electronically produced beats and distinctive personality, why? Because it lacks guitars, drums, bass as well as a scale wankery solo?

Or is it because you just don't like rap music?

these are examples of alternative hip hop, underground, mainstream, classic and experimental.

All of these are objectively more diverse, unique, and technical then "little black submarine". Check yourself before your drek yourself

#shotsfired #rekt #buttdevistated

P.S. Black Keys sucked after rubber factory

Edited by mechazeep

What music do you like then?  Rap?  Because that's not real music anymore.

that has to be the most ignorant and biased thing I hear people babble on about.

To state that the interity of a genre spanning several decades of music, that went trhough many a cultural change as well as sonically, and dismissing it as "fake music" is the same close minded suburban racism/classism as "their goes the neighborhood". Whilst the sound of Hip Hop is constantly changing its face and maintaining social revelance, The Black Keys did what the White Stripes did, (but worse) and revived 60's and 70's Blues Rock. A genre which was started predominantly by the souther black artists in the early 1900's. Only later made popular in the 50's and 60's, when blue eyed blonde hair white guitartist directly stole the riffs, chord progressions and lyrics (See Led Zepplin) without crediting almost any of the original artists.

Yet we dismiss Hip Hop as "not real music" because unconventional use of electronically produced beats and distinctive personality, why? Because it lacks guitars, drums, bass as well as a scale wankery solo?

Or is it because you just don't like rap music?

these are examples of alternative hip hop, underground, mainstream, classic and experimental.

All of these are objectively more diverse, unique, and technical then "little black submarine". Check yourself before your drek yourself

#shotsfired #rekt #buttdevistated

P.S. Black Keys sucked after rubber factory

I don't understand why you're pulling the racism card on me.  I may be a tad racist, but I hate rap because it sucks, not because it's mostly black people who are a part of the genre now.  Sorry if mainstream rappers give it a bad name.  I'm one of the people who does base an opinion on a genre from a few artists, and I think it's totally fair to do that.  Right now, there are literally no good rappers I can think of.  Eminem was good back in the day, and Tupac was pretty good, and I remember liking some of Akon's songs as well, but now, it's all pretty much the same crap I hear.

Hip hop as a genre is dying badly, as well.  I can't stand listening to it anymore, even though I used to listen to it back when I was younger.

At least with rock and the types of metal I listen to, it's not synthesized bull crap blaring in my ears.  I'm sorry, but if anyone thinks making music entirely on a computer takes talent, sorry, it doesn't.  Just because the technology is there, doesn't mean you should make it your source of making music.

It also doesn't help that every single person I know that listens to hip hop and rap are total, well, you know.  And it's not like I'm bashing your opinions on the subject, either.  I'm literally saying I don't think rap is really a genre anymore because it's been reduced to swearing with "music" in the background.  I don't hate anyone because they listen to rap, it just so happens that most people I know that listen to it, I end up hating due to their personality.  I didn't come out guns blazing, bashing every person's opinion on rap.  I'm not going to hate someone for their music.  That's just absurd.  I've been on the receiving end of that before, and it hurts. 

I'm not ignorant, either.  I grew up listening to literally almost every general genre of music.  Country, rap, alternative, rock, metal, etc., and rap has always been my least favorite.  I like rock and metal because being able to play an instrument shows talent, in my opinion.  And that's where it all lies, really.  I think that synthesized music is crap because you can spend days making the music on a computer, then never have to touch it again.  Rock bands and metal bands have to play it.  Usually a multitude of times, live.  That takes more skill than making music with a computer.  I also tend to find the lyrics of rap and hip hop songs boring, repetitive, and distasteful.  I very much dislike excessive swearing in mos things, mainly music.  That's probably another reason I hate rap so much, I can't stand excessive swearing in music.  It's, as I said, very distasteful.  I also don't want to listen to songs about sex, killing, and drugs all of the time.  You can't deny that a lot of rap songs are about said subjects.  I don't care about any of those three things, so why would I listen to music about it?  I wouldn't, that's the point.

I could go on and on all day, discussing this subject, but I have grown bored now, and I think I've made my point.

Also, I hate dubstep.

I'm sorry, but if anyone thinks making music entirely on a computer takes talent, sorry, it doesn't. 

I'm not ignorant, either. 

4Ltq4Ac.png

• Upvote 1

I don't understand why you're pulling the racism card on me. I didn't, i said its the same mentality people use to catorgize people by their appearance as people dismiss entire music genres I may be a tad racist, and now you've pulled the racism card against youself but I hate rap because it sucks,  not because it's mostly black people who are a part of the genre now. the point was labeled it as "not real music". i couldn't care less if you didn't like it Sorry if mainstream rappers give it a bad name. did not look at the samples/know any halfway decent mainstream artists.  I'm one of the people who does base an opinion on a genre from a few artists, and I think it's totally fair to do that.  Right now, there are literally no good rappers I can think of.  Eminem was good back in the day, and Tupac was pretty good, and I remember liking some of Akon's songs as well, but now, it's all pretty much the same crap I hear. I have a sinking feeling you don't hear much of anything at all before disregarding a new generation of music as crap, but w/e

Hip hop as a genre is dying badly, of all the times to say that, you pretty much choose the worst time to pull that out of your balloon. Early 2013's has been regarded as Hip Hop's renaissance.  http://elitedaily.com/music/music-news/are-we-witnessing-a-hip-hop-renaissance/ as well.  I can't stand listening to it anymore, even though I used to listen to it back when I was younger.

At least with rock and the types of metal I listen to, it's not synthesized bull crap blaring in my ears. This is the part that bugs me. Whatever dave grohl said to you at the MTV music videos is wrong. the "hurr duur computers ain't guitars!11!1!" argument falls flat because every rock album you've ever listend to has been severely edited, equalized and probably overproduced by Rick Rueben in the studio before it was released. By your standards, thats fake music, because they can't sound the same live.  I'm sorry, but if anyone thinks making music entirely on a computer takes talent, sorry, it doesn't.  come back to me once you've sonically perfected a track though balancing frequencies, understanding DAWs/Filters/clipping rate/ressonace/decay and customizing your own non-sinusoidal wave. Then you might halfway understand what it takes to make a beat Just because the technology is there, doesn't mean you should make it your source of making music. I imagine this is a lot like when in evolution, the first decent of tetrapods came onto land, a large remainder stayed. Probably talked about how dumb and stupid you'd have to be walk on land. Well, the land organisms evolved into human mammals, took up most of the earth while the sea organisms stayed, got ugly and turned into lampreys. Computers are just the next step, silly

It also doesn't help that every single person I know that listens to hip hop and rap are total, well, you know. No i don't, please, enlighten me.  And it's not like I'm bashing your opinions on the subject, either.  I'm literally saying I don't think rap is really a genre anymore because it's been reduced to swearing with "music" in the background. my grandpa is more farmiliar with rap then you are, if thats your idea of a rap song. Heres rock "Old farts discover a distorion pedal and power chords" I don't hate anyone because they listen to rap, it just so happens that most people I know that listen to it, I end up hating due to their personality. So? I hate pretty much everyone that likes pop punk. I still love it thoughh  I didn't come out guns blazing, bashing every person's opinion on rap.  I'm not going to hate someone for their music.  That's just absurd.  I've been on the receiving end of that before, and it hurts. 

I'm not ignorant, either.  I grew up listening to literally almost every general genre of music.  Country, rap, alternative, rock, metal, etc., and rap has always been my least favorite. listening to a lot of music =/= not ignorant. I like rock and metal because being able to play an instrument shows talent, in my opinion.  And that's where it all lies, really.  I think that synthesized music is crap because you can spend days making the music on a computer, then never have to touch it again. Anyone who honestly thhink that all people do at EDM shows is "touch a button" are more diluted then the water supply   Rock bands and metal bands have to play it.  Usually a multitude of times, live.  That takes more skill than making music with a computer.   I also tend to find the lyrics of rap and hip hop songs boring, repetitive, and distasteful.Interesting considering metal and rock have been played out for wayy longer and keeps the same distinct themes and motiffs   I very much dislike excessive swearing in mos things, mainly music. im sorry to hear that That's probably another reason I hate rap so much, I can't stand excessive swearing in music.  It's, as I said, very distasteful.  I also don't want to listen to songs about sex, killing, and drugs all of the time. A lot of people do  You can't deny that a lot of rap songs are about said subjects. Yes but you can certainly find something different if you actually tried (De La Soul, A Tribe Called Quest, MF Doom)  I don't care about any of those three things, so why would I listen to music about it?  I wouldn't, that's the point. Its not about you listening to it, go ahead, listen to the sound of your own farts backwards all i care. its about people (including you) in general dismissing an entire genre as "not realll \m/" while knowing f*** all about it

I could go on and on all day, discussing this subject, but I have grown bored now, and I think I've made my point.

thats not how a discussion works, pocket.

Also, I hate dubstep.

good for you, but you probably think fidget house, brostep and skrillex is dubstep, so yeah

Okay guys. You can stop now. (If you wish to continue this discussion, please take it to private messages)

Getting back on topic

• Upvote 1

Yeah, I'm done.  Whatever.  I don't have time to argue about it, because I have with multiple people a multitude of times in my life, and nobody has been able to get me to agree with their point of view.  I honestly didn't even really care to begin with.  But yeah, I'm done.   

Also, here's a song I've been listening to lately.

Getting back on topic

Just kidding, the video's not actually here, nyahahaha

Dude, that is excellent! Hahaha

I feel like I listen to the most arcane musical genres, like chiptune, movie/game soundtracks, and sometimes just classical music (which is pretty unusual to have on your iPod, it seems). Whenever I tell people that I listen to Anamanaguchi, they either spit out whatever they're drinking and ask me to slowly repeat what I just said or give me a weird look and ask who they are. It doesn't help when I say "they make chiptune"; a lot of people don't even seem to know what it is. (Actually Anamanaguchi's been reaching into some not-so-chiptuney places lately, I lieks.) I do enjoy some dubstep/house, like Feed Me and Flux Pavilion, and I enjoy some alternative rock, but yeah... this is where it's at for me:

Edited by GoldenGhost

I feel like I listen to the most arcane musical genres, like chiptune, movie/game soundtracks, and sometimes just classical music (which is pretty unusual to have on your iPod, it seems). Whenever I tell people that I listen to Anamanaguchi, they either spit out whatever they're drinking and ask me to slowly repeat what I just said or give me a weird look and ask who they are. It doesn't help when I say "they make chiptune"; a lot of people don't even seem to know what it is. (Actually Anamanaguchi's been reaching into some not-so-chiptuney places lately, I lieks.) I do enjoy some dubstep/house, like Feed Me and Flux Pavilion, and I enjoy some alternative rock, but yeah... this is where it's at for me:

I don't listen to Chiptune as much as other genres, but I have quite a bit of Anamanaguchi on my phone  :-)

Its great music to go for a walk to. Upbeat and pleasant

Can't get Razor Sharp from Pegboard Nerds out of my head... also a song called Bad Boy but I forgot from who...

Can't get Razor Sharp from Pegboard Nerds out of my head... also a song called Bad Boy but I forgot from who... I update my sig ossancialy for a little 'mini-radio' feeling :3 I like sharing music.

Are you talking about this Bad Boy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcuLrNJfTU4

Can't get Razor Sharp from Pegboard Nerds out of my head... also a song called Bad Boy but I forgot from who...

Are you talking about this Bad Boy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcuLrNJfTU4

Yup, that's it :P