Sign in to follow this  
shesjustaglitch

End Boss Stragedy?

Anyone have tips on beating the end boss in AH?

I'm having a great amount of difficulty beating him, it just cheap shots me with his slice move all the time.

By the time I fight the ship, almost all my lives are gone!

help!

Try not to jump around very much, and stay on a platform. Keep you gun charged and shoot him when he comes on the platform, or drop down for a sec and let a blast go. If you dont' move around much, it is much easier to be ready for his slice.

Try to pick a platform that is either far left/right. Only time to really move is if you end up on a middle platform and he is jumping up next to you, then you just go to the opposite side of the screen. His jump on your head move can be a pain.

I can beat him without dieing once, when I feel like it.

Try not to jump around very much, and stay on a platform. Keep you gun charged and shoot him when he comes on the platform, or drop down for a sec and let a blast go. If you dont' move around much, it is much easier to be ready for his slice.

Try to pick a platform that is either far left/right. Only time to really move is if you end up on a middle platform and he is jumping up next to you, then you just go to the opposite side of the screen. His jump on your head move can be a pain.

I can beat him without dieing once, when I feel like it.

I've tried that, several times.

It seems like once I release a charged shot he uses his slice almost immediately.

If your waiting for him to come to the platforms, then this shouldn't be a prob. He slices after he throws a grenade at you. Just shoot him as he gets on a platform.

The dropping down and shooting him is for quicker button pushers.

I have AH for gamecube,

It's really easy to Rapid-Fire with that good ol' "B" button

But i realize you're using X-box, My suggestions are

Ground portion:

-Always get on a platform when SAH throws grenade at you, ALWAYS

-It's relatively easy to dodge SAH's "Cheap-slice" Move when you continously charge blast him from the other side of the arena (easier said than done) But nevertheless, it's easier

Ground-Ship portion:

-Stay under him and shoot the underside of the canopy of the ship

-When he corners you, get to the edge of the screen, but when he moves outward get out of the corner ASAP or the FBI will be having Fried hominid Sandwiches for lunch!

-Watch out for the grenades he drops out of the canopy

Flying Ship portion:

-GRENADES

-Rapid Fire

Extra tips:

-Never try to bite his head off

-Conserve your grenades until final portion

-Don't try to knife him

when me and my friend did this boss it was on medium and i think we only got him because the game glitched or something and he was stuck in one spot and unable to do anything.

additionally...

Form 1

The first form is the hardest, I stayed on the bottom unless he had a grenade thrown. Stay on the opposite side of him, but only three quarters of the way across the screen. When he charges, jump over him to the otherside, avoiding the all annoying knife slice. While jumping over him, charge your shot and give him a full blast. When the grenade of fire is thrown stay as far away from him as possible on a platform and stop shooting, just concentrate on ducking and jumping in between the shots. I myself constantly jump while pressing down and kill myself by dropping into the flames.

Form 2

Hide under the platforms and stay in the middle, doesn't make a difference whether there are charged shots or button mashing. When he charges up the purple laser, get in the center of the screen and shoot up, the beams will miss you. When it starts dropping the grenades, jump onto the platform and unleash your grenades then mash like crazy til you drop. Now with no platforms, the ship will fire energy balls from specific ports. The trick here is to move back and forth while shooting up, when you get into a corner look for the firing port to switch to the other side to jump and avoid the shot. If you keep up your firing speed this should be the easiest form.

Form 3

As soon as you can, charge your shot and unleash it into him. Then its a game of jumping over him when he charges and firing your charged shot so that you do not miss him on the tilted platform. When he starts shooting, you can keep charging but pay more attention to avoiding the shots. Eventually, 2 helicopters will show up... keep firing at the boss. When the boss is hit more, he will toss a grenade at one then the other. Make sure you move to the middle of the ship. The final portion is involving extremely hectic shooting and jumping around to avoid the boss.

It takes a while to get it down, but once you do, the boss is fairly easy.

Hope that helps.

Ive done it on all difficulties and it took me so many tries to perfect it on hard, but its just practice and learning how to dodge his stuff..

and if you are trying to beat it on hard only for the achievement, you can use the second controller trick.

-start the fight with the second controller set on easy, when the final form is almost dead, press start on your controller and switch controllers. Finish the fight with your guy who has his difficulty set to hard.

It's a cheap way to get the achievement, but much faster than trying to beat him alone on hard.

hmm, all of these strategies seem really cheap, i mean, you already got a lot of advantages over this guy... he is huge! you cant miss, and his moves are easy to dodge... i dont know why he wasn't harder being the last boss... just keep hitting him and keep away.

anybody who does the controller glitch shouldn't have the achievement <_<

shame on you!

while I didn't do the controller glitch for the achievement, I did just play the last level on that difficulty. After playing some of the levels on hard just for the hats, think I might pull my hair out to try to play every level on hard straight through.

i just got the game tonight n beat it(on easy tho) and my thumb has never been so sore :( lol..really dunno y i never bought this before, fckin love it lol

achievement tiiiime

i just got the game tonight n beat it(on easy tho) and my thumb has never been so sore :( lol..really dunno y i never bought this before, fckin love it lol

achievement tiiiime

I ended up with over half the achievements.

Seems like 200 points is too small for an XBLA game.

Though, I doubt I'll ever get all the AH achievements, some are so difficult.

ya i seen that 2-1 headchomp cheap way..dont think it works anymore tho :(

Theres a few places you can do it.

But yes the AH achievements are brutal!

I hate games with annoying achievements, cough cough Mass Effect cough.

Are you saying AH achievements are annoying, and if so, does that mean you hate it?

Are you saying AH achievements are annoying, and if so, does that mean you hate it?

The head chomper achievement is annoying, its extremely difficult to get without using the re-spawn glitch.

It would be one thing to get 20 headchomps in a row

or 50 without dying.

So yes I hate that achievement. The rest are alright, pefect fight is a big nerve racking though.

I absolutely despise mass effects achievements. You have to beat this game 3 times just to get them all, and that's if you do them right.

Casting the same spell 75 times? or having a certain party member in your party the entire game, etc.

GTA IV achievements suck as well, I don't want to go find 150 pigeons through the game...its boring!

Some stuff about Head Chomper being a hard achievement.

I will admit that the head eating achievement is not that easy. I did manage to do it with out a re-spawn glitch though. I just had to realize that it was safe transportation to ride an enemy from screen to screen. I also had to practice being able to jump off an enemy if he was about to be shot, and then jump right back on.