The name of this topic is games you hate, not users you hate

Topics tend to go offtopic alot.

And Babbit, the sig is huge.

Put it in some sig tags.

Be a good example to the newbies.

That's why you're an ultra member.

And Castlecrashing.

I should vote for ya.

Video games, the newest one, still has yet to endure one.

Video Game Crash of 1983, not soon after the release of E.T. on the Atari 2600. Video Games were revived by Nintendo with the NES, and Super Mario Bros.

Anyways, games that piss me off...

Any game that has a good online completely ruined by the people who rather cheat, play too much of it, or take it too seriously. This is more or less the online aspect of said game, not the game itself as a whole, but still.

Criminals of this are CoD series, Halo series, Castle Crashers, and many more.

I wasn't alive yet in 1983 but wouldn't that count more as part of the struggle in the early beginning? For an full, cataclysmic collapse, I think they have to be pretty main stream, much like they are now. I'll look into it but I know the other collapses were due to over saturation of some type.

I agree with the over competative aspect. I can't stand Halo matchmaking anymore. I hate being killed by rediculious bunny hop, melee combos and grenade sticks from across the map. I went back and played Halo 2 for a bit and immediatly noticed that there was so much less jumping and the controls were tighter. Why Bungie decreased the skill level to play I have no idea.

RTS' would be awesome if you could play as one of the troops (not the main commander dude or the dude that becomes the commander), and you were able to tell troops where to go while playing. Think rainbow six vegas, but more open, like battlefield, and you could order platoons of regular people or bots to attack certain points by bringing up an in-game map. :D

RTS' would be awesome if you could play as one of the troops (not the main commander dude or the dude that becomes the commander), and you were able to tell troops where to go while playing. Think rainbow six vegas, but more open, like battlefield, and you could order platoons of regular people or bots to attack certain points by bringing up an in-game map. :D

That would be fun, but thats not how RTS games are supposed to be played.

And besides, with an RTS like Warcraft 3, you can make millions of different ways to play it, from RPGs to RTSs

I would like to rant on Left for Dead 2.

Mainly because the game is comprised of all the DLC that was meant for Left 4 Dead but Valve didn't want to make the effort of making it downloadable. They claim that they still intend to support DLC for L4D but thus far thats been a laughable joke.

The Survival Pack is the 1/4th of the game that wasn't finished on time and instead of delaying the whole game Valve decided to release L4D without it with the intention of making it DLC. The Survival Pack would have at least made Valve's claims of support for this game credible if it hadn't taken 6 months to come out, that's half the development time of L4D2.

Then know and behold, 2 months after the L4D2 boycott reaches 40,000 signatures, Valve has another DLC announced, Crash Course. Of course Crash Course isn't a full level, in fact it's less than half a level, one that can be completed in about 15-20 minutes. You'll notice that there hasn't been any footage of the DLC at any point so far, most likely because it'll show most if not all of the DLC if they demo it out to reviewers.

There is also the fact that this small portion is supposed to take place in between the end of No Mercy and Death Toll. This of course is to further "expand the story". However, anyone who's played L4D knows that there is no story whatsoever in the game and that this DLC is most likely made up of left over material that didn't make it into the game.

What bothers me the most is that Valve's PR department has spun the short length of the DLC as designing it for online play, "short and straight to the point." Of course this can also be viewed as half assing it depending on how you look at it.

To me Valve has lost a lot of respectability because of this. I do hope that they live up to their promises but so far they haven't given any of us much to hope for.

Because your willing to buy a game that's made up of poor buisness practices. The day I buy L4D2 is the day I buy clothing from the Avatar Marketplace.

L4D2 looks awesome, I don't think it looks just like some DLC

It looks like a new and better game

Left 4 Dead was originally planned to have campaigns go together like a story. The "roflcopter" in no mercy crashes, the boat people in death toll die (the boat might sink), the plane in dead air crashes, and they are finally saved when the military vehicle in blood harvest rescues them. They decided to make them "seperate" campaigns, but several people using the pc version noticed unused files for the copter pilot becoming infected. Upon being "busted", valve decided to make crash course. It was designed short to give a "full versus experience in about 20 minutes" or something.

In addition to having too many new things to be dlc for l4d, l4d2 takes place in the south, with new survivors and campaigns. It is a game of it's own, and valve won't stop working on l4d. :P

Sure, the sequel came out a year later, but that beats waiting 3-5 years for a sequel. I, personally, would like it better if sequels were released earlier. :|

L4D was supposed to have a bunch of DLC but it didn't so now i'm going to boycott waaah!

Boycotting makes no difference.

If 10 people don't buy the game, it evens out, as 10 people who hadn't bought L4D will buy L4D 2.

The Wii ruins those titles with their awful controls.

Punch Out Wii controls are great, I have no idea what you are talking about. :| Really, all of those games had good control, I see NOTHING awful about them. You just have your sensor bar in a weird place I think. It is best to stand where when you point the Wiimote of that Tv, it goes to about where you are pointing it. ;)

Oh and Anything on wii. :twisted:

Why? Just because it is on Wii is not good enough for me.

I don't mean the controls, I mean the controller itself.

I hate the Wiimote, what was wrong with a Pad and a few buttons?

I don't see how a controller ruins a great game. :| Besides, with some games you can hold the wii-mote by its sides, and it feels like a nes controller. Others games you can use the Gamecube/Classic controller.

I think the only reason L4D2 is being boycotted and is hated so much is because it was the first game Valve has ever set to be released about a year after the first

I spent $60 on Left 4 Dead. I play the game and beat it in 4 hours. I get bored after 3 months because the versus mode is only available for half the game. 3 months after that they finally release the other 2 levels in DLC. I'm excited because Valve finally finished their game.

About a month later I find out the reason it took so long to finish the game I bought is because they're working on another one with a few differences and improvements. I'm not going to spend $60 on practically the same game I bought less than a year ago after finding out the developer didn't even have enough confidence in their game to support it.

I think the only reason L4D2 is being boycotted and is hated so much is because it was the first game Valve has ever set to be released about a year after the first

I spent $60 on Left 4 Dead. I play the game and beat it in 4 hours. I get bored after 3 months because the versus mode is only available for half the game. 3 months after that they finally release the other 2 levels in DLC. I'm excited because Valve finally finished their game.

About a month later I find out the reason it took so long to finish the game I bought is because they're working on another one with a few differences and improvements. I'm not going to spend $60 on practically the same game I bought less than a year ago after finding out the developer didn't even have enough confidence in their game to support it.

I think that your thinking to hard about this