Sign in to follow this  
Jai

The Barbarian (Happy birthday, CC!)

In honor of Castle Crasher's first birthday (Anniversary? Maybe if I loved it so much I got married to it... WHICH IS A PERFECTLY FINE THING TO DO, STOP JUDGING ME), I've decided to show off my favorite character from the game: The Barbarian.

[attachment=0]Barbarian small.jpg[/attachment]

Here, we see a particularly wise barbarian overlooking the scene of his next battle and thinking about what the next day may bring. Barbarians are hugely introspective; not many people know that. This barbarian is packing a generations-old axe that has split many skulls and sundered much firewood. He also has a little assortment of knick-knacks slung about him, which show off his personality just in case he gets the chance to try wooing a princess. His battle gloves are neatly stowed at his side, because his hands chafe easily. He's also brought along his favorite log pillow for the night.

Yes, this barbarian is plenty prepared for war, and wise enough to look for omens that will give him a hint about the next day's outcome -- the cardinal is a particularly promising omen, as the barbarians consider cardinals to be particularly bloodthirsty (There's no bird that comes any redder!) and barbarian-friendly birds. Not much good in a fight, though. The deaths-head moth is also a good sign, but barbarians are always getting their finest war-torn tunics eaten up by those pests.

For a larger (Which always means "cooler". I'm pretty sure) view, feel free to check it out on its DeviantArt page.

Thanks, The Behemoth! Happy birthday, Castle Crashers! You've both been more than awesome to me. :arrow:

Ah, I've realized that I forgot to mention the flower in this barbarian's mask-strap. The flower is a powerful war totem that few barbarians feel worthy enough to bear, as it reminds warriors that the greatest weapon is beauty and peace.

Crud, now I'm just seeing all sorts of details that I forgot to talk about. The triangle of blood, the broken horn... well, just assume that there's a story behind all of that stuff. Because you'll be assuming correctly; I just have to sleep sometime, and that time is now.

Thanks a lot, guys! You're all the best. Oh, and I'm not Kelly, but I guess our avatars are pretty similar (I can't help it if I like the same princess she does! :) )...

A couple of additional details about the picture:

- The triangular spot of ceremonial blood on the mask is a tribute to a prominent figure in Barbarian legend. He pretty much started the whole "look cool in masks" fad for them, too.

- The tiny dagger next to the carrot (Carrots are important! Eat them!) is baby-sized... because this Barbarian has had it since he was a baby. It's another time-honored Barbarian tradition to give babies daggers, and for those babies to grow up into cool warriors that use the baby daggers as push-knives (A knife that is seated in the palm of your hand, with the blade coming out between your middle fingers)!