Sign in to follow this  
2straybagelbites

Twitter giveaway ideas

Since The Behemoth wants to give away Necromancer DLC codes in different ways, I have a suggestion. On a twitter contest by @Jd_2020 he tried a really cool idea. Basically he pmed 5 people part of a code and they had to figure out the code, once they did that and confirmed it with him, each of them was given a code. I think this would be a cool idea to not only give away codes, but also encourage teamwork in the community : ).

What kinds of contests do you think they should do?

Since The Behemoth wants to give away Necromancer DLC codes in different ways, I have a suggestion. On a twitter contest by @Jd_2020 he tried a really cool idea. Basically he pmed 5 people part of a code and they had to figure out the code, once they did that and confirmed it with him, each of them was given a code. I think this would be a cool idea to not only give away codes, but also encourage teamwork in the community : ).

Well I've never been to twitter(only facebook), but they should place fake codes super hidden and small on thier homepage and the first 5 people who pm all 5 fake codes get the REAL code.

Guest Duffle

What they said they are doing is posting at least four codes at a time on Twitter and that whoever puts them in first gets them.

I thought that an interesting twist to this might be putting up the codes with the last digit missing. That way, time is slightly less of a factor and winning is based on correct random guessing.

Well I've never been to twitter(only facebook), but they should place fake codes super hidden and small on thier homepage and the first 5 people who pm all 5 fake codes get the REAL code.

That's a really cool idea.

What would be nice is if there was a signup thread, and (for example) 300 of the posters in that thread randomly got the codes. I've never used twitter in my life, but I've been looking at it, and even signed up, just because of The Behemoth's giveaway. Still, I know I won't be awake or available at the random times :( But at the same time, having a complicated puzzle for each of the thousand dlc codes would get unwieldy!

edit: Don't get me wrong, the fact that they are giving anything away is super awesomefantastic; I just have to figure out how to be around so I can grab a code!

can u post it on the forum because i dont use twitter

can you use twitter because that is where they are giving away the codes

I normally don't use Twitter, but i signed up there because of

the giveaway, i think they will give the codes out at midnight or

early morning.

Guest Aqua Knight
I thought that an interesting twist to this might be putting up the codes with the last digit missing. That way, time is slightly less of a factor and winning is based on correct random guessing.

I'm liking this idea. :D

I've been stalking their Twitter pretty much constantly since they revealed this.

Not that $2 is expensive. But with so much other game content and avatar items, I need to save as much as possible.

I usually hate racing to the codes.... the pressure... Refreshing every minute....

It's getting tricky to keep it up, going on 24 hours without sleep now. :oops:

It's cool that they post them on Twitter, but I really hope that the majority of them aren't on there. When codes are posted on there they are taken in literally 10 seconds. People just copy and paste them. It's a bummer always seeing that.

Guest Duffle

Hey. They're actually doing something like this now. They've been putting up codes with one digit as a "?" on Twitter.

It makes me wonder if they actually read threads like this or if they came up with it own their own.

Hey. They're actually doing something like this now. They've been putting up codes with one digit as a "?" on Twitter.

It makes me wonder if they actually read threads like this or if they came up with it own their own.

i read everything... :ninja:

also, we are posting 12-24 at once now on twitter, as images, so people can't cut and paste. as well as doing the ? way, too.

also, the codes on facebook tend to sit there for hours before they are all used. :P

fyi, we have given out less than 1/5 of the total at this point. :lol:

:arrow::arrow:

kellybot