Do you still play cc?

Yes.  I think it is safe to say I am back and am working on the 9 Gold Skull I still need. 

not sure if anyone mentioned this or not.. but you can not skip snow world by going to ice castle then going back through the screen.

You need to complete this level for everything to work

Thanks for the heads up Feedle.  This is a new change from the BBT Hatty update.  Snow World now has to be completed. 

The Forgotten Knight, since you seem to be back on the forum for now, will you be updating this guide again?

Yes. 

I have something I would like to know or have updated on this guide. The savepoints you have listed in blue. Does the particular level have to be beaten, or just arrive at the level and exit..?

This guide rocks by the way

It has to be beaten for the save to occur unless otherwise noted. 

Edited by The Forgotten Knight

If you're using Spiky or Spiny(the animal orb that gives you 2+ defense) and The Sword of Evil at the same time it gives you 9+ defense, i used this to complete the Sand Castle Roof level, and it made it so i could survive 4 hits from the enemies instead of just 3.

And if you're looking to do arrow spamming but still want a high defense stat, then The Sword of Evil are the way to go.

Other than that i would agree with you that the Wooden Club is better than The Sword of Evil. 

I'm still working towards my first gold skull with the Orange Knight. This guide has definitely helped but there are still those sections that you have to spend hours on (like the Troll Boss) in Insane mode. I'm at the desert now; only 50% more to go.

August 27, 2008

I originally saw a video on youtube in 2007 which convinced me that I utterly need to play this game.  It was on YouTube but unfortunately isn't there anymore.  Luckily GameTrailers has still persevered it.  If this doesn't convince you to play Castle Crashers I don't know what will. 

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/l96v95/castle-crashers-castle-crashers-racist-voicemail-

Edited by The Forgotten Knight

You better watch out Forgotten, most of my guides are coming along nicely so far.  Once I put out the Ultimate Castle Crashers Guide, you will no longer have the best guide on the forums!

• Upvote 1

The level save guide "saved" my life. Bu dum ching. But seriously this should be behemoth official.

This is for the old CC, so it wouldn't be a official. It's been up since 2009 too, I don't think it'll be an official anytime soon sadly.

Just a few opinions floating through here, but I think they can help improve your guide. I'll try to keep it short and sweet for your convenience.

Wooden Club

"It takes away -5 Agility but agility is only needed on certain levels."

"The Critical Hit and Defense bonus are what make the Wooden Club a superior weapon."

I humbly disagree; even with the critical hit rate, it's only equal to the Gold Skull Mace in terms of damage output, and the Skulltula Mace has no negative agility. Ask yourself this question: Is it better to drive safe without a seatbelt, or drive recklessly with a seatbelt on? Agility is more ideal than defense for the same reason the first option seems to be the the most viable answer.

"The Wooden Club offers a long reach that is good for juggling enemies in the air and is the best weapon in the game for overall."

All melee weapons have the same range, and many people, such as Hazard and myself, think the Snakey Staff is the best weapon overall. With the snakey staff you'll have an extra splash attack segment, which provides better crowd control and/or boss slaying depending on your character, It has +3 agility, which is a significant boost, it doesn't impair your strength, but in fact increases it with its critical hit chance, and the negative defense is miniscule and overall doesn't have any major consequences on insane mode.

"For decreasing the effects of the negative agility stats Scratchpaw or Meowburt are recommended."

In my humble opinion, a weapon is only good if it doesn't have a fatal flaw that requires a pet to fix it. The Snakey Staff, for example, doesn't need any assistance of a pet, so you can use one of the pets with useful special effects like BiPolar Bear and Hawkster if you need it, and otherwise if you use Meowburt or Scratchpaw, they only make the weapon's good points better, rather than just covering for a cringeworthy gimp that stands out like a sore thumb.

Arrow Spamming
"This strategy is most effective with more people doing it."
This strategy is (usually) only effective with more than one person doing it. In singleplayer it's really only useful for light enemies that don't have a large amount of health, like Barbarians, Thieves, and Bears.

Necrotana
"7 Defense only provides 50 extra HP points over the Wooden Club's +5 Defense."
It actually provides 56 more HP because 1 defense = 28 HP and not 25. I only recommend using this sword for its aesthetic because the magic is worthless since even with beholder all it does is increase damage, and it doesn't make magic cheaper or increase your splash attack range. Defense has a hidden bonus where at every 5 levels, your damage resistance increases, making you take less damage from attacks. With max defense +5 it's about 30% damage absorbed from hits. As far as I know it's not 1% per defense point, but you only get 5% more with every 5 points of defense. That's at least what I've observed. So essentially you're right about the 2 extra defense being useless. I don't really care for the Necrotana much, but I used to use it on Fencer a couple years ago for its aesthetic before I started taking the game seriously. It's not great, but at least it doesn't have -5 agility on it.

Sandwiches
I'm addressing that whole section here so I won't bother quoting it. My main concern is that you said to use it when the situation calls for it, but you left that mainly up to interpretation. Before that you said it's helpful when there's a large crowd of enemies with beefies in it. I think that's horrible advice honestly, because if you lose even once while wrestling with the other beefies, you're screwed. Secondly, if someone interprets that as any large crowd, then they'll probably end up using it on the troll mother not knowing that's a deathwish. Being beefy also causes you to have shorter jumps, and you can't use magic either, and with medusa and corn boss, not being able to flinch or get knocked over means you'll just get hit extra times in a row. With corn boss in particular, you'll usually get hit around 3 times by his whip attack when in normal size you'd get hit once.

Just a few opinions floating through here, but I think they can help improve your guide. I'll try to keep it short and sweet for your convenience.

Wooden Club

"It takes away -5 Agility but agility is only needed on certain levels."

"The Critical Hit and Defense bonus are what make the Wooden Club a superior weapon."

I humbly disagree; even with the critical hit rate, it's only equal to the Gold Skull Mace in terms of damage output, and the Skulltula Mace has no negative agility. Ask yourself this question: Is it better to drive safe without a seatbelt, or drive recklessly with a seatbelt on? Agility is more ideal than defense for the same reason the first option seems to be the the most viable answer.

"The Wooden Club offers a long reach that is good for juggling enemies in the air and is the best weapon in the game for overall."

All melee weapons have the same range, and many people, such as Hazard and myself, think the Snakey Staff is the best weapon overall. With the snakey staff you'll have an extra splash attack segment, which provides better crowd control and/or boss slaying depending on your character, It has +3 agility, which is a significant boost, it doesn't impair your strength, but in fact increases it with its critical hit chance, and the negative defense is miniscule and overall doesn't have any major consequences on insane mode.

"For decreasing the effects of the negative agility stats Scratchpaw or Meowburt are recommended."

In my humble opinion, a weapon is only good if it doesn't have a fatal flaw that requires a pet to fix it. The Snakey Staff, for example, doesn't need any assistance of a pet, so you can use one of the pets with useful special effects like BiPolar Bear and Hawkster if you need it, and otherwise if you use Meowburt or Scratchpaw, they only make the weapon's good points better, rather than just covering for a cringeworthy gimp that stands out like a sore thumb.

To be honest Aicho, -agility on a weapon barely matters to me.  All I notice with negative agility is the damage that arrows do.  I like Snakey Mace so much because of the Magic and Crit chance, and I use it on every level except the Marsh and FullMoon (Wood Club/Necrotana and Ribeye, respectively).  Once you get used to -Agility, its not bad at all.  

Also with pets, I only use a pet that isn't giraffey once I hit 99, which is right before wizard's castle.  And as we all know, Piggy is the best bet for that.

I FREAKING HATE TROLLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :x I can't beat thieves forest on insane mode IVE gotten SOOO close but I died and often I have full health and then it just disappears hpw is it happening??

I FREAKING HATE TROLLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :x I can't beat thieves forest on insane mode IVE gotten SOOO close but I died and often I have full health and then it just disappears hpw is it happening??

The trolls all group together and hit you in rapid succession, or, you have no defense.  What you should do is grind xp at the trolls until you level up to about 70-80, then you should easily be strong enough to kill it.  The main thing to thing about is ignoring the boss and focusing on the trolls, the boss will eventually die.  If you still need help and are either on 360 or One, message me gt  BeatsByDay

Note - You can edit your posts instead of double posting!  The button is near the bottom right of your post, you should see it.

The trolls all group together and hit you in rapid succession, or, you have no defense.  What you should do is grind xp at the trolls until you level up to about 70-80, then you should easily be strong enough to kill it.  The main thing to thing about is ignoring the boss and focusing on the trolls, the boss will eventually die.  If you still need help and are either on 360 or One, message me gt  BeatsByDay

my best character is the Dark wizard minion which names escapes me at the moment and hes lvl 80 from battleing trolls over and over again and I get so close then I die :/

This isn't that related but I don't know where else to put it. Call me a noob but I'm happy about this I finally beat the industrial castle (on my second try so I don't know why I'm saying finally) and then I decided to end the day see how far I could get in Lava World, I GOT TO THE VOLCANO. I'm really happy with that just wish I took healing potions in Lava World.