Sign in to follow this  
Cobra951

Leveling--why go over 78?

It seems some stats get boosted with every level you gain, even without using the boost points you get on the character status screen. This makes sense, since otherwise it would do no good to go past Level 78 (when the 4 shown stat lines can be maxed). I was wondering what goes up automatically each level, and by how much.

Had they made it so you only got one stat point for levels 2-20 (you get two), it would take to level 97 to max out stats, but I guess the game would be too hard at the lower levels?

You gain 3 life per level, so going from 78-99 adds 63 life.

There are invisible stats like health that go up.

Plus I think there might be one more combo after level 78? Not sure, can somone confirm that for me?

Last combo is at level 50.

Plus LVL 99 gives you bragging rights.

Plus I think there might be one more combo after level 78? Not sure, can somone confirm that for me?

Level 99 Bragging Rights? "Look at me! I got to level 99! Totally used the catfish/Pepistrillo Boomerang exploit!" :P

A Golden Skull is the head honcho for bragging rights in this game. It has a different rule. The lower your character's level that has a golden skull, the better he is for a bragging right.

Low level with golden skull = bragging rights better then lvl 99 with golden skull. :P

Level 99 Bragging Rights? "Look at me! I got to level 99! Totally used the catfish/Pepistrillo Boomerang exploit!" :P

A Golden Skull is the head honcho for bragging rights in this game. It has a different rule. The lower your character's level that has a golden skull, the better he is for a bragging right.

Low level with golden skull = bragging rights better then lvl 99 with golden skull. :P

What if the low level gold skull holder was boosted by 3 other level 99's?

Lets be honest..insane mode is no more difficult..the enemies just hit harder with more health. Play sensible and you'll get through it without being hit.

Getting to Lv99 gets you on the leaderboard, which comes with some bragging rights and the 'privilege' of getting tens of messages and friend requests a day on Live :cry:

And yeah, your stats still increase a bit after Lv78, just not by very much. Around +60 health and +2 damage.

Getting to Lv99 gets you on the leaderboard, which comes with some bragging rights and the 'privilege' of getting tens of messages and friend requests a day on Live :cry:

And yeah, your stats still increase a bit after Lv78, just not by very much. Around +60 health and +2 damage.

Wow.... your cool...

Lets be honest..insane mode is no more difficult..the enemies just hit harder with more health. Play sensible and you'll get through it without being hit.

Huh :?:

It's not harder, they only kill you faster while you take longer to kill them? :lol:

I'm not good enough to go through without trading some blows. I guess for people who never get hit, what you said would be true. It would just take longer.

OK, so HP goes up every level regardless of how you use your leveling points. I guess the rest of the automatic stat boosts will be published eventually. I did notice while grinding in the painter's room that my damage per hit with the industrialist's blades went up after I gained a few levels. That's before using the level-up points of course. You have to finish the stage sequence or exit to the map for that.

What if the low level gold skull holder was boosted by 3 other level 99's?

:? Doesn't that mean it's harder... :?:

I guess for people who never get hit, what you said would be true.

Ding ding ding.

Getting through Insane Mode by yourself pretty much requires knowing the game like the back of your hand and almost never getting hit. And once you're at that point, all Insane Mode does is make everything take 10 times longer to kill.

I guess for people who never get hit, what you said would be true.

Ding ding ding.

Getting through Insane Mode by yourself pretty much requires knowing the game like the back of your hand and almost never getting hit. And once you're at that point, all Insane Mode does is make everything take 10 times longer to kill.

What this guy said..

The game isn't harder in a more tactical sense..the enemies aren't multiplied in number nor are they faster. They hit harder and live longer, If you learn to hit and shield this is no different from normal mode..Except it takes soooooooo much longer.

I see what you guys mean though..The obvious fact they live longer with higher strength makes it easier, but it could've been worse. If the enemies were faster, if there were twice as many, more beefy enemies running about, the ability to block out your combo's etc...

Any game where you're godlike enough never to take a hit would be easy, and just take longer to beat on a harder difficulty.

The internet has humbled me since my blissfully ignorant unconnected days. I now know that there are people out there who are way better at action games than I am. Even so, there are only so many tractable ways to make a game harder. By that I mean that enemies can be made impossibly fast and accurate. Devs could create a character with 10 HP to your 1000 which could deflect every attack perfectly and aim its attacks perfectly, both at a speed too fast for human reactions to counteract. It would kill you and make you feel foolish. Where's the fun in that? Difficulty balancing is one of the hardest (if not the hardest) things to implement in a game. Even the hardest settings need to be doable, and by more than a handful of superhuman gamers.