Sign in to follow this  
Guest Maddcow911

Least useful weapons/animal orbs

Guest Maddcow911

Let me start off by saying I LOVE CASTLE CRASHERS and play for at least 8 hours a week. So now that I have all of the animal orbs and weapons I've come across a few that have relatively little to no use, for instance:

1) Fishing Rod: -1 Strength, -1 Magic, -1 Defense, no critical strike

-This weapon is technically worse than your starting weapon which is set to all zeros. ANY other weapon would be an upgrade if you've been smacking enemies with the fishing rod.

2) Gold Mace: lv. 1, critical strike

-I've used this weapon a few times to test out after the DLC pack came out and besides the Barbarian Axe it's the only lv. 1 weapon that gives you critical strike (and doesn't have the -1 Magic, -1 Defense like the Barbarian Axe). Since XP is awarded per hit and not based on the damage per hit, critical strike hinders the amount of XP you get because the enemies die quicker... so having critical stike at low levels keeps you from leveling up faster.

3) Mr. Buddy Orb: helps you dig faster

-Never have I been digging and wished that it took less than the normal 5 seconds to pull out an item. This orb is only good in the heat of battle when you shouldn't be digging anyway. If you had a better orb you'd be able to defeat all the enemies around you quicker and then have all the time in the world to dig.

4) Owlet and Zebra Orb: brings you food from trees and grass

-Any experienced player knows that you can hit trees and cut grass patches to find food. Some levels don't have trees or grass patches (or maybe just one without the other). Having the Hawkster Orb makes both Owlet and Zebra obsolete because Hawkster brings food off of dead enemies which are in every level, plus it pecks them while they are down (in this regard Hawkster is extremely helpful in solo arena battles to unlock characters).

Anyone have justification for the above weapons/orbs? Other least favorite/useful items?

Guest Maddcow911
There are five weapons with identical stats. They all suck.

Guess which ones they are.

I'm going to guess: the original 4 color knights starting weapons and the alien hominid gun which are all lv. 1 weapons set at zero buffers with no critical strike?

I see what you mean. It makes sense to start off each character with a primitive weapon, this way what you pick up along the way is better. But once you have the better weapons theres really no need to switch back.

Looks like you got them all, accept I love the Golden Skull Mace.

I think the Gold Skull Mace is best utilized at higher levels. With that being said, there are already weapons at higher levels that have critical strike and + abilities. It does look pretty sweet though :D

That gold mace is only a crit? I may be mistaken but i swear someone told me the Chainsaw gives you plus 4 Def and a critical hit... And it's in the same pack... So the gold mace is actually pointless when you could be using the chainsaw?

Hmmm...

That gold mace is only a crit? I may be mistaken but i swear someone told me the Chainsaw gives you plus 4 Def and a critical hit... And it's in the same pack... So the gold mace is actually pointless when you could be using the chainsaw?

Hmmm...

The Gold Mace is the only weapon with a 3% crit chance.

The chainsaw has 2% along with some others.

The rest have 1% or 0%

Guest Pitalla
Pelter is useless.

srsly in what where they thinking? it should have a different boost or aditional boost or something.

It never shoots ice and when it does it misses or does a nothin of damage.

Not mentioning that it is just USELESS in multiplayer.

I hope they fix or patch the pelter cause it looks really cool, despite it is useless :(

Let me start off by saying I LOVE CASTLE CRASHERS and play for at least 8 hours a week. So now that I have all of the animal orbs and weapons I've come across a few that have relatively little to no use, for instance:

1) Fishing Rod: -1 Strength, -1 Magic, -1 Defense, no critical strike

-This weapon is technically worse than your starting weapon which is set to all zeros. ANY other weapon would be an upgrade if you've been smacking enemies with the fishing rod.

-I've used this weapon a few times to test out after the DLC pack came out and besides the Barbarian Axe it's the only lv. 1 weapon that gives you critical strike (and doesn't have the -1 Magic, -1 Defense like the Barbarian Axe). Since XP is awarded per hit and not based on the damage per hit, critical strike hinders the amount of XP you get because the enemies die quicker... so having critical stike at low levels keeps you from leveling up faster.

3) Mr. Buddy Orb: helps you dig faster

-Never have I been digging and wished that it took less than the normal 5 seconds to pull out an item. This orb is only good in the heat of battle when you shouldn't be digging anyway. If you had a better orb you'd be able to defeat all the enemies around you quicker and then have all the time in the world to dig.

4) Owlet and Zebra Orb: brings you food from trees and grass

-Any experienced player knows that you can hit trees and cut grass patches to find food. Some levels don't have trees or grass patches (or maybe just one without the other). Having the Hawkster Orb makes both Owlet and Zebra obsolete because Hawkster brings food off of dead enemies which are in every level, plus it pecks them while they are down (in this regard Hawkster is extremely helpful in solo arena battles to unlock characters).

Anyone have justification for the above weapons/orbs? Other least favorite/useful items?

just wanted to say that even though these orbs are useless to others

most of the new players who dont have all the orbs might apreciate some of the orbs.

if you dont have hawkster the zebra or owl at least gets you food

if you dont have magic jump etc... the seahorse can help you move faster

if you dont have the digging acheivement cause your bad at digging then the dog will help ya

no orb is useless.. just need to find things to use it on

try biteybat fighting the necromancer and youll understand what im saying

or use pelter when your arrow spamming... he provides an extra hit which might save your life

Guest Maddcow911
Pelter is useless.

I personally don't find Pelter, Istall Ball, or the dragon head orbs to be much help. Their ability of "occassionally shoots..." would be more accurately described as "probably won't shoot..."

excalty what drunken said. but alot of you people (in different fourms too) complain about pelter and the red dragon and i find pelter usefull not in insane but in normal he can kill one person in one hit. what do you want from the pets. Pelters going angery and summon a billzard that kills everyone noo? all the pets are equal and have there unique ways. some u need some u never need again but i swear most animals have helped me through the game one point at a time.

Guest Maddcow911

just wanted to say that even though these orbs are useless to others

most of the new players who dont have all the orbs might apreciate some of the orbs.

if you dont have hawkster the zebra or owl at least gets you food

if you dont have magic jump etc... the seahorse can help you move faster

if you dont have the digging acheivement cause your bad at digging then the dog will help ya

no orb is useless.. just need to find things to use it on

try biteybat fighting the necromancer and youll understand what im saying

or use pelter when your arrow spamming... he provides an extra hit which might save your life

I see your point with the zebra and owl, if you don't have hawkster some food is better than none and it can be more convenient to have the orb bring it to you rather than attacking trees and grass and actually picking it up yourself. But I don't see how someone could be sooo bad at digging that they need a Buddy to help them. It's a matter of rapidly pressing B after you're over a dig spot to dig just like rapidly pressing X to attack.

It's too late now but they should've just merged Pazzo and Mr Buddy to one orb.

Only time I could find Buddy usefull is on the desert level, because I just have to dig upp all things I see, even if it is the same weapon I already dug up 17 times...

Pelter is useless.

I personally don't find Pelter, Istall Ball, or the dragon head orbs to be much help. Their ability of "occassionally shoots..." would be more accurately described as "probably won't shoot..."

Pelter doesn't shoot alot, but the other two shoot alot more then he does.. Almost every time there's an enemy Dragon Head usually shoots out his little fire ball and install ball is always making its little pink lazerz go across the screen

Guest Maddcow911

Pelter doesn't shoot alot, but the other two shoot alot more then he does.. Almost every time there's an enemy Dragon Head usually shoots out his little fire ball and install ball is always making its little pink lazerz go across the screen

The whole Pelter topic seems to be very black or white. Some people strongly believe that shooting at enemies greatly helps you on your quest. Then there's people like me who never use their bow and arrow, let alone sacrifice having an orb that shoots stuff when I can hack and slash instead.

I thought Frogglet would be useless, but he is actually is quite useful in that he saves time by picking distant items! Mr. Buddy looks cool. So does Pelter. Not all that useful though. Troll is SLOW, yet a worthy companion.

Pelter is useless.

Well think of it this way. If they just rapid fire'd everyone, you wouldn't even need to do anything on smaller enemies because they fall after one hit from them, so...

I have to disagree with one and two. The Fishing Rod is the best weapon in the game it you're trying to level up fast and it also has the best reach for comboing.

The Gold Mace has the highest crit rate out of all the weapons. The lack of any stats means that this is more of a high level weapon than anything else. A level 99 with a Gold Mace is a fearful sight indeed. Just because this weapon isn't good at noob levels shouldn't be a reason to devalue it.

The Gold Skull Mace is really one of the best weapons in the game because it has the highest critical. At level 99 the Gold Skull Mace eats souls. :ninja: So really, it is very useful when you are not looking to level up.

i think the seahorse sucks. sure, it looks cool, but theres only like 3 levels with water in, and even then its only a slight bit of water.

Ahem... seahorse is very useful in the flooded temple.

Guest VeNoM5478

pazzo is my mr. buddy. he helps lots! and i use every wierd weapon for kicks. :lol: