Sign in to follow this  
Eclipse

3D Castle Crashers

So I did these guys withe some free time from work. They are very low poly, which means they don't use a lot of triangles and would be suited for portable devices like the PSP or DS or Iphone. Anyway I hope you like them, I plan to do more when I get the time.

all_crashers_smaller.jpg

red_crasher.pngorange_crasher.gifred_anim.gif

Others:

alien_pose.gifthief_anim.gifbrute_anim.gif

ninja_pose.gifpink_pose.gifbarbarian_pose.gif

So I did these guys withe some free time from work. They are very low poly, which means they don't use a lot of triangles and would be suited for portable devices like the PSP or DS or Iphone. Anyway I hope you like them, I plan to do more when I get the time.

all_crashers_smaller.jpg

Dude! I would love to use that image in a movie some time. The 3D's would be great overlays in character intros.

RogueDarkJedi: Sounds cool, just let me know what I can do to help and I'll try and make it happen :).

ChickenHounk911: Thanks so much! I actually just got my set when they restocked this last time, I personally can't wait for them to come in, I am so excited :).

David Duffy: Thanks a lot, I was really hoping I could capture just a little of the amazing magic Dan puts into his work.

Dexide: I hope to get to work on some more soon :). Any idea on who you all would like to see? I have a decent base to start on others, I want to wait on the Barbarian until my figures come in. Maybe the Ninjer and Alien :D.

danp: :shock: The man himself! I am such a fan. I really love your work, it's so awesome. Your comment means so much man, really! Thank you.

Again, thanks everyone, I'm going to try and make more asap and post them up as I do, maybe some animal orbs next....hmmmm not sure.

Dexide: I hope to get to work on some more soon :). Any idea on who you all would like to see? I have a decent base to start on others, I want to wait on the Barbarian until my figures come in. Maybe the Ninjer and Alien :D.

Whatever you want is good. I think Ninjer and Alien would look pretty cool, though.

Those make grown men cry. They're that awesome! :lol:

Looking at them, I was thinking if you would make some sort of video series to do multiple things, including:

1) Make us laugh,

2) Promote the game, and

3) get the community involved :D

Also, I suggest trying the Brute! I :arrow: Brute... :P

RogueDarkJedi: Sounds cool, just let me know what I can do to help and I'll try and make it happen :).

I pm'd you with a list of characters. Also did you make that pic with all four knights? I would love to use something like that, but with my characters displaying in layers, too.

Dexide: I am a big alien homind fan, so I just had to do the alien! I love the Ninjer so much, once I finish up the alien all the way I will probably start on him next.

Denivire: It's a great idea, but I don't know if I have the skillset or time to make videos. I am not much of an animator and I'm not all that funny :P. The best way I can hope to get the community involved is taking requests for new ones to do. I honestly didn't know which one was the brute until I saw you post and looked into it. He looks really cool and he is high on the list now, I really like his design :). And thanks so much for your kind words!

shesjustaglitch: Thanks! I used 3D Studio Max for the models, Adobe photoshop for the textures, and Adobe imageready for the rotating images. I hope that answered your question.

Hellvector: Thanks! Even those few words mean a lot to me :).

RogueDarkJedi: I replied. I did make the image. They are just poses of the original models. I did not rig these guys for animation sadly, they are just hand posed at the moment, so if you are looking for animation in them, it might get a little tricky....

Anyway, I decided to start on the alien tonight. He isn't done, still work in progress, but I wanted to show him anyway. I still have to do the lance, and shield, and pose, and maybe mess with the textures a little as well.

alien_anim.gif

RogueDarkJedi: I replied. I did make the image. They are just poses of the original models. I did not rig these guys for animation sadly, they are just hand posed at the moment, so if you are looking for animation in them, it might get a little tricky....

Anyway, I decided to start on the alien tonight. He isn't done, still work in progress, but I wanted to show him anyway. I still have to do the lance, and shield, and pose, and maybe mess with the textures a little as well.

alien_anim.gif

omg! I really like the alien! I wish he had a better pose, but he's still awesome. And no, I don't want animation in them [i hope you know what I mean here], I'm going to speed up their spins.

Wow, these are amazing quality. They look like they are straight out of a game. If possible, I'd love to see you re-create some of the game's "cutscenes."

Guest ScottishMo

Those are really cool. If you like, I can rig them for animation for you :)

RogueDarkJedi: Thank you, twice! I sent you a pm concerning your project :). The alien will have a better post when I am done with him :).

Aztecian: Thank you for your words. Due to the overwhelming popularity of the brute I have moved him up to next :). I have to first finish the lance and shield for the alien and pose him, then I will do the brute.

Marine54: I use a mix of a program called 3D Studio Max and Adobe photoshop for the different parts.The shapes are made in max, I use things like spheres for the head and cylinders for the body, then just move them around until they look good. Then I take the model and lay it out flat (in max) so that i can paint the texture for it in photoshop. Once that is done i make the outline you see and render it out :). I hope that helps I can go inn more detail and link to some sites if you are interested in learning.

Shaky: Thanks!

Chibi 27: Thanks a lot! I hope to be able to do some cool renders, but they will take a while because I would have to recreate everything in that scene like the backgrounds and such. Right now I want to mainly just get some characters, weapons, and animal orbs done before moving onto environments.

ScottishMo: Thanks a lot for the offer man. Normally I would take your up on that because it would make posing a breeze. But these were done as a very quick fun project, so they wouldn't deform properly at all :P. Thanks very much though. I might end up redoing them later with more triangles, in which case, I'll definitely let you know (if the offer is still on the table of course).

Sorry for this long winded reply with nothing new. But I promise I will get back to work on these guys over the weekend. They are just way too fun not to. As for tonight I got some friends coming over to crash some castles! Looks like I'll get to work on them saturday :).

Guest ScottishMo

Aww man, deformers D:

Well, if you make some cool high poly things, the offer still stands :)

Damn those look nice! I've tried 3d modelling with Maya and I just don't have the patience or the skill. The current ones have no skeletons, correct? Could always rig them up with UT2k4 Skeletons and import them for play :lol:

I'm surprised that I don't see a grey knight though. That should be pretty to reskin :)

ScottishMo: Great to know, will do!

SoupNBread: Thanks! That would be lots of fun, but sadly they don't have the proper setup to go into UT, they would need a lot more work before that :P. Great idea though :).

I wasn't able to get nearly what I wanted to get done this weekend because of some things popping up, but I did manage to "finish off" the alien. I am not 100% on the grenade shield, but it will work for now. I am VERY sorry, I have to put the brute on hold for one more character because I have something good in mind that you all will hopefully like, I'll post more as it develops :).

alien_pose.gif

Hot damn it looks awesome! Whats the polycount on these guys? You could always try putting them into WC3. Imagine a Castle Crasher RTS game :shock:

Ok, I'm seriously in love with that AH

Sign in to follow this