Sign in to follow this  
Giraffey

Level 99 Glitch? UPDATED

How come I see so many people with Level 99 and they have like 300 gold points? How is this even remotely possible? I have three Level 50's and have close to 10,000 in gold and I fill up on potions, bombs and sandwiches almost every time I can. I just don't see how someone could reach such a high level and have such a little amount of gold. Is this a glitch to cover up the 256 glitch or something?

EDIT NEW INFORMATION found Sep 22:

Alright, so I was playing today with two really young kids and was asking if they wanted to run through insane mode and help me get a gold skull. The host said sure as well as another player in the lobby. Game goes to selection screen and the other guy in the lobby is 256 and I tell the host to kick him. He then starts bragging about how he can get us to level 99 with a new glitch. The host of course is all for it so I stuck around to see this.

I played along like I wanted him to do it to me, but I just wanted to see how it was done and if it was true. I have seen the 256 glitch and the boomerang glitch but this is by far a new one I have never seen. It is essentially undetectable, meaning people won't know if you acquired it legitimately or cheating.

So the game starts and he goes to the barbarian boss, he kills the barbarian boss, breaks the chest, tells us to collect the coins.

When it's time to fight after collecting the gold, he tells me what to do and I said let the host go first it's his room. So the host steps up, the 256 glitcher is standing in the middle of the screen all the way at the bottom. The host (Level 50ish) was told to go to the far left or far right bottom corner and to hit Y towards the wall. All of a sudden the host (Level 50ish) starts doing a roll (The animation when you do a running attack at boss's or bigger enemies, you like bounce back and do a flip roll) and he is stuck doing the roll. I looked at the 256 glitcher and you can see the hit effects near him, it is essentially the same thing as the boomerang glitch. Except you are doing it on a Level 256 which takes huges amounts of damage. The guy leveled up about 7-8 levels in a few minutes, thats when I left. So essentially a level 256 can level up a regular account to level 99 probably within 15-30 minutes.

I knew something was fishy with some of these people I play online with such few amounts of gold, level 99's with no skull for game completion and so on. This game is filled with cheaters and it seems like the behemoth is not going to do anything about it. This really ruins such a great game, it is such a shame.

Maybe insane mode killed all their pots... i dunno...or they might have bought everything from all the stores. 8-)

That is most likely true.

I don't really see how this is a glitch. (no pun intended) :lol:

Chances are the individual just spent a lot of gold.

My younger brother used to NEVER have any gold from his buying habits.

Who knows?

If it occurs all the time then I could see it being a glitch, in the mean time, I wouldn't worry about it.

I edited this into the original post:

Alright, so I was playing today with two really young kids and was asking if they wanted to run through insane mode and help me get a gold skull. The host said sure as well as another player in the lobby. Game goes to selection screen and the other guy in the lobby is 256 and I tell the host to kick him. He then starts bragging about how he can get us to level 99 with a new glitch. The host of course is all for it so I stuck around to see this.

I played along like I wanted him to do it to me, but I just wanted to see how it was done and if it was true. I have seen the 256 glitch and the boomerang glitch but this is by far a new one I have never seen. It is essentially undetectable, meaning people won't know if you acquired it legitimately or cheating.

So the game starts and he goes to the barbarian boss, he kills the barbarian boss, breaks the chest, tells us to collect the coins.

When it's time to fight after collecting the gold, he tells me what to do and I said let the host go first it's his room. So the host steps up, the 256 glitcher is standing in the middle of the screen all the way at the bottom. The host (Level 50ish) was told to go to the far left or far right bottom corner and to hit Y towards the wall. All of a sudden the host (Level 50ish) starts doing a roll (The animation when you do a running attack at boss's or bigger enemies, you like bounce back and do a flip roll) and he is stuck doing the roll. I looked at the 256 glitcher and you can see the hit effects near him, it is essentially the same thing as the boomerang glitch. Except you are doing it on a Level 256 which takes huges amounts of damage. The guy leveled up about 7-8 levels in a few minutes, thats when I left. So essentially a level 256 can level up a regular account to level 99 probably within 15-30 minutes.

I knew something was fishy with some of these people I play online with such few amounts of gold, level 99's with no skull for game completion and so on. This game is filled with cheaters and it seems like the behemoth is not going to do anything about it. This really ruins such a great game, it is such a shame.

I hate cheaters and glitchers, so unclean :roll:

:lol: That's not new. A month or two ago, my friend, who just got 256s showed me.

the little cheater :roll:

He did it to his bro's account and it went up like crazy. :| He asked if I wanted to, but I declined. :P Cheating ruins many things.

However, my friend later decided not to have them anymore, and reset all the 256s to 1. :P

:lol: That's not new. A month or two ago, my friend, who just got 256s showed me.

the little cheater :roll:

He did it to his bro's account and it went up like crazy. :| He asked if I wanted to, but I declined. :P Cheating ruins many things.

However, my friend later decided not to have them anymore, and reset all the 256s to 1. :P

Yea I kinda like dieing and having to reastart or get better weapons and stuff :D

To me it is, I have never seen it discussed here or youtube videos on it. Information regarding the other glitches is all over the place everywhere you look. Notice not one person speculated my original question as a glitch except one guy saying fishy... Does anyone know if this will be fixed or? What are they going to do when the PS3 port is released, keep it broken as is or fix it?

True, it is new to some people. I'm surprised it went on without much publicity. :|

I didn't want to say anything about it because then some people would know how and try it, so thats why I didn't post anything until you figured it out. When the ps3 port comes out, I doubt there will be any 256s, unless some other jerk edits the codes in that one too. :P So, I'm not sure about if they will fix it or not in the ps3 port, nor am I sure if they will fix it in the 360 port.

Wait.... one question... I am new to CC... Well, online anyway... But is it supposed to be possible to reach lvl 265 wifout cheatin'?

True, it is new to some people. I'm surprised it went on without much publicity. :|

I didn't want to say anything about it because then some people would know how and try it, so thats why I didn't post anything until you figured it out. When the ps3 port comes out, I doubt there will be any 256s, unless some other jerk edits the codes in that one too. :P So, I'm not sure about if they will fix it or not in the ps3 port, nor am I sure if they will fix it in the 360 port.

No one has access to the source code to "edit" it as you claim, besides the developer. A glitch/bug is a fault in the coding that cheaters take advantage of resulting in game play not intended by the developer.

WOW :shock: Then I guess it's pretty easy to tell who's a cheater.

Level 256 are easy to spot as you can tell right away at the character selection screen. The new method I mentioned is harder to tell, a lot harder. I originally thought that just the 256 were cheaters, but anyone could be at this point with this type of glitch.

No one has access to the source code to "edit" it as you claim, besides the developer. A glitch/bug is a fault in the coding that cheaters take advantage of resulting in game play not intended by the developer.

There are complex ways to get around stuff like that, and I'm not too sure how it was done to get the first 256 out there, but I'm sure it wasn't a glitch in the system that suddenly gave them 256s. From what I have gathered, somebody managed to get in and edit the source code things to get those insane stats, and access to the dlc for free. As well as a weapon which was taken out of the finished project, in addition to certain things like boxing gloves, shuriken, throwing knives, or whatever they are and more. :P

But, however it was done, it has spread like AIDS, being only curable in weapons, stats, pets, items, and gold, but still retaining the -1 exp in leaderboards and other characters they may not have earned. I'm hoping for a mass ban, at least until they remove the 256s, and a leaderboard wipe. :|

source code things

:lol: lol alright man, thanks

The only thing plausible to editing is a game save, as far as the source code.. unless the developer releases it no one can edit it. If we put your theory to test, every single game would already be glitched to have max damange/speed etc etc...

I've notified kelly before of this glitch and it is old news

if a 256 plays on that level and does the y dash they become stuck

then others can dash and become trapped at the bottom of the screen gaining

1 exp constantly... it will max out your exp for as long as you play and chances are you might be level 99 but youll also be -1exp if it reaches a degree over a certain amount.

Again its a banable offence just like doing the 256 glitch as your obtaining something from a hacked/cloned/cheater

So please don't do it...

thats how alot of people under the -1 exp list are so high

they are cheaters as well...

They know who they are