Sign in to follow this  
Babbity_Rabbity

The Rayman Thread

Oh wow, a lot of classic characters are returning. The hunters, antitoons, those green adventuring guys from the first levels in Rayman 1, Betilla, Bzzit or Moskito, and just wow. I am suprised they are bring back a good amount of characters. I've also heard that even Mr. Dark is going to show up. :shock:

This is all coming from a section of Game Informer people have been talking about. There are even a few images of some of the characters right now. Like here is the hunter:

http://www.raymanpc.com/wiki/en/images/ ... rigins.jpg

For all those who care, Rayman Origins is moving from a downloadable game to a retail game.

WHAT?!!! WHY HAVE I NOT BEEN INFORMED OF THIS?

There hasn't been a blog post on their site for allmost exactly a year :(

Still, good to know. I :arrow: rayman 2, it was one of those "child-hood defining games"

Double-postin' as you see, though it has been quite a while. Rayman Origins has been released and I got it. So far it is absolute bliss! It has tons of great fun and also you'll see many of your favorite characters return and more. The graphics are quite tasty and the music fits the mood of the game perfectly. One of the best platforming experiences I have had in recent years I must say. If you love Rayman or platformers I can easily recommend this game to you.

Anyone one else tried it yet?

BUMP EDIT:

Well rather than doing a triple-postin' I just bumped the thread. I have just 100% Rayman Origins, and overall it was quite the experience. It was a very high quality platformer. In my opinion there were only a few minor faults I had with the game. They are

1. The lack of story elements would have been find due to the cartoony feel of the game however near the end of the game it makes a choice that will baffle most players completely. There was suppose to be some more story elements in the game, and if you read what they are, everything that just happened actually makes sense. Sadly though they are not in the main game and it absolutely backfires on them once they reach that point.

2. The conclusion felt pretty weak compared to the rest of the game. I don't mean ending when I say this, but once you play the final level, it might leave you wanting for something a little more special in the bad sort of way.

3. The bosses were pretty weak in this game. Their patterns and moves are all set, which leads them to be easy. The fact that you can know exactly how the boss plays out makes them not as fun as they could of been.

In the end though the rest of the game is still extremely strong, and as a Rayman fan I still recommend it highly.

Also in other news Rayman 3 is to come out on XBLA around Spring I believe.

Also in other news Rayman 3 is to come out on XBLA around Spring I believe.
Rayman 2 was more challenging and was longer, but yes, I loved Rayman 3.

Hoodmongers rock.

Three way high-five!

1. The lack of story elements would have been find due to the cartoony feel of the game however near the end of the game it makes a choice that will baffle most players completely. There was suppose to be some more story elements in the game, and if you read what they are, everything that just happened actually makes sense. Sadly though they are not in the main game and it absolutely backfires on them once they reach that point.

2. The conclusion felt pretty weak compared to the rest of the game. I don't mean ending when I say this, but once you play the final level, it might leave you wanting for something a little more special in the bad sort of way.

3. The bosses were pretty weak in this game. Their patterns and moves are all set, which leads them to be easy. The fact that you can know exactly how the boss plays out makes them not as fun as they could of been.

1. I would have been happy to wait longer for this game if they finished the story. The whole Mr. Pretend-Dark is such an awesome story, and I wish they integrated it more into the game. Still, The Reveal had the best cutscene ever.

2. I liked the conclusion up until the mosquito part. It was fun, but chasing Mr. Pretend-Dark across that field of falling debris was the second most amazing part of the game (both gameplay and graphics wise)

3. The reason the bosses follow set patterns is because that's how the game is played. The game is designed around the "flow" of a level: there's a single (or a few) optimal ways to run through the level, and finding those out and using them feels awesome.

I haven't 100% it yet (I still need 15 or so more electoons), but I love this game.

I absolutely loved the Land of the Livid dead level, even though I was hoping it'd be a whole world. But wow, it was and has become my favorite platforming level of all time.

And Grand Minimus is the best character. I was hoping for Mr. Dark to be the last unlocked character, but alas, twas not to be so.

Also the underwater portions of the water worlds have the most annoying music ever.

1. I would have been happy to wait longer for this game if they finished the story. The whole Mr. Pretend-Dark is such an awesome story, and I wish they integrated it more into the game. Still, The Reveal had the best cutscene ever.

2. I liked the conclusion up until the mosquito part. It was fun, but chasing Mr. Pretend-Dark across that field of falling debris was the second most amazing part of the game (both gameplay and graphics wise)

3. The reason the bosses follow set patterns is because that's how the game is played. The game is designed around the "flow" of a level: there's a single (or a few) optimal ways to run through the level, and finding those out and using them feels awesome.

1. I feel the same way.

2. Well yeah, I wasn't saying it was all bad. To me is was somewhat underwhelming to not have a true final battle with Mr. Pretend-Dark after all that chasing through his falling fortress. I at least thought it could have been cool, and there was even a theme for it in game that was scrapped.

3. Very good point I must say, in which it does make sense to the way the bosses act. I was probably spoiled by other bosses from other games which made these ones feel odd to me, especially when I was thinking of the bosses from Rayman 1. It is just that when I see that a boss follows set patterns in which it sometimes feels like they aren't even trying to hit you just irks me sometimes, like when Daisy constantly pounds the same areas with his head when ever he does that attack, making it near impossible for him to even hit you. I can understand patterns, though I wished that rather than setting them up like that, they would change it up each time so that it didn't feel like you knew how the whole battle would play out, like if sometimes Mocking Bird rather than always starting his second phase on the bottom-right screen he would do it at different parts of the screen or if Daisy would change up where he bonks his head each time. They would still have the overall same pattern, but it would make them feel more varied somewhat. I guess in the end they are fine they way they are due to the way the game is, though I still wish that some of the bosses lasted a little longer, for example Murray looked pretty awesome but even on the first try he die within a few seconds as he became vulnerable extremely fast.

I 100% the entire game in 2 player co-op. It was quite the experience. There was laughter, chaos, and frustration. Nothing quite like getting smacked and crashing into a abyss of pain or getting scrolled. Doing the lum challenges actually was sometimes harder with two players, as less hearts get converted into lums that way when two people need them and can lose them.

Also the underwater portions of the water worlds have the most annoying music ever.

Sorry for the double post, but is must be posted. For all those who loved Rayman Origins, here is Rayman Legends (Leaked stuff so I don't know how long it'll be up for)!

Trailer: http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=176313

Screenshots: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/viewer.php?mode=article&id=281930#top_banner

Woah.................. I did not expect this!

Sorry for the double post, but is must be posted. For all those who loved Rayman Origins, here is Rayman Legends (Leaked stuff so I don't know how long it'll be up for)!

Trailer: http://gonintendo.co...story&id=176313

Screenshots: http://www.computera...1930#top_banner

Some sites have it up permanently, like Giantbomb.

Honestly I'm not into the skylanders style of gaming, where I have to buy extra figurines to get more content (it's like DLC I have to go to the store for, hope to find it, find a place to find space for, and then watch it collect dust after I'm done with the game)

Besides that though the game the looks pretty great.

Trailer: http://gonintendo.co...story&id=176313

Screenshots: http://www.computera...1930#top_banner

Some sites have it up permanently, like Giantbomb.

Honestly I'm not into the skylanders style of gaming, where I have to buy extra figurines to get more content (it's like DLC I have to go to the store for, hope to find it, find a place to find space for, and then watch it collect dust after I'm done with the game)

Besides that though the game the looks pretty great.

I have to agree. As long as the figures just tend to be extras such as the free hearts and stuff then I can live without them, however if some pretty big things started to be included in them (such as tons of extra characters, many levels, etc) then I'll start to really frown as I would much rather get them for DLC if I wanted them. Hopefully the normal game itself will have tons of content already in it just so that it won't feel like we'll have to purchase like most of the figures to make it feel complete.

From what it seems like though the game alone seems pretty darn great. Rayman Origins was an absolute blast so I am looking forward to this one.

Edited by Zugama