Sign in to follow this  
CSword123

Super Street Fighter IV

In the long fighting game tradition of releasing full fledged retail updates to the original version, Capcom has announced Super Street Fighter IV!

http://kotaku.com/5369773/super-street- ... lone-title

What to expect:

-Character Balancing

-New challengers, T. Hawk, Dee Jay, Juri, Cody, Adon, Guy, Ibuki, Dudley, Makoto, and Hakan

-Improved online play

-It's only gonna cost $40 (yay)

-zomg 1337 h4xx0rz Bonus for those who have the original SFIV

This plus the announcement of Blazblue: Continuum Shift means it's gonna be another great year for fighting games!

I always found it kind of annoying with the Turbo and Super, but I just like the cast of Street Fighter. ESPECIALLY T.HAWK. Granted I suck at the game in general...I'll still pick this up. Does anyone have any tips on how to pull off supers and other special moves? I get my butt handed to me...a lot too :roll:

I always found it kind of annoying with the Turbo and Super, but I just like the cast of Street Fighter. ESPECIALLY T.HAWK. Granted I suck at the game in general...I'll still pick this up. Does anyone have any tips on how to pull off supers and other special moves? I get my butt handed to me...a lot too :roll:

Quarter circles are just easy to get the hang of when you keep practicing them over and over. as for DP's I just picture making a "Z" with the directions. What kind of controller are you using?

tip don't play characters with charging moves (where you have to tilt your stick in a direction for a few seconds and then move it to wherever right away)

I would pick it up, but I'm awful at fighting games.

Same here.

I don't have time to remember all these combos.

If it's that bad to learn the moves, try joining the shoryuken.com forums and and ask questions to some of the SF veterans in the Newbie Saikyo Dojo. Heck just lurk around the interwebs for some guides. But remember, the most important thing is to keep practicing.

I would pick it up, but I'm awful at fighting games.

Same here.

I don't have time to remember all these combos.

Street Fighter IMO, you don't have to memorize combos to win.

SFIV is slower pace than say, Blazblue, or Tatsunoko vs Capcom.

SFIV can also be a tactical game. Perfectly aiming your hadoukens, shoryukens, and tatsumaki sempuu kyakus, and your supers, ultras, and focus attacks.

So it's not all about combos.

If it's that bad to learn the moves, try joining the shoryuken.com forums and and ask questions to some of the SF veterans in the Newbie Saikyo Dojo. Heck just lurk around the interwebs for some guides. But remember, the most important thing is to keep practicing.

Go to ShoRyuKen (Also called SRK, hence the capital lettering) for everything fighting.

You can also go to Dust Loop for Guilty Gear X/XX/Revisions and Blazblue.

Of course, you'll die if you start threads like "Super Smash Bros is a real fighting game!" or "Why SSB hate?" in both places.

In other news, Street Fighter IV for the IPHONE/IPOD TOUCH!

So there you have it.

2 characters from Super Street Fighter who were missing, 2 new characters, 1 character from SF1/SFA, 2 from final fight, and 3 from SFIII 3rd Strike.

Cool.

Being a big fan of final fight and street fighter alpha series im glad alot of the cool characters are in this

Inlcuding adon... for those who don't know adon was from fatal fury and sagat's pupil.

I shall be playing this game soon.. just bought it today

Always been a fan of street fighter and a ken hater

Inlcuding adon... for those who don't know adon was from fatal fury and sagat's pupil.

Adon, fatal fury?

Adon was in the original Street Fighter 1, as the 2nd to last boss.

Fatal Fury was made by SNK, a rival company.

Does anyone here still play this on a regular basis? I main Chun-Li, though dabble with a few others.

I'm possibly off to play in a tournament in Seoul next month. Get hype!

Thanks.

I'll almost certainly lose both my matches and go out straight away, but it should be a good experience nonetheless.

Thanks.

I'll almost certainly lose both my matches and go out straight away, but it should be a good experience nonetheless.

Sure you'll lose with that attitude, mister.

Good luck dude. Hope you do well. :)

Well, I might do ok-ish. Depends on whether people like Poongko and Infiltration turn up.

I'll be pleased if I win a match. But you're right... confidence is key. I MUST BELIEVE!

Gnar!!!

Japanese XBL is destroying my Street Fightin' confidence bit by bit. They're like machines, man... machines.

Not a problem.

Being asian myself, I have the blood to destroy in fighting games.

Unless I'm fighting Daigo.

Gnar!!!

Japanese XBL is destroying my Street Fightin' confidence bit by bit. They're like machines, man... machines.

Not a problem.

Being asian myself, I have the blood to destroy in fighting games.

Unless I'm fighting Daigo.

Im asian, and I fail at fighting games :lol:

Im asian, and I fail at fighting games :lol:

Mr. T says PRACTICE FOOL. No seriously, i'm only just now breaking out of the "execution barrier" and i've been playing fighting games for god knows how long :P

also

When in doubt, mash it out!

j/k :D