Sign in to follow this  
jouste

thank you behemoth! an homage to your awesomeness!

big congrats to behemoth and their incredible game. i had the honor of meeting up with the behemoth booth at last year's comicon and a good friend of mine got a barbarian figure signed for me at this years pax.

after a few run throughs i found my favorite character, then i was wielding the crit-lobster, chucking axes, and had bitey the bat following me around and chomping heads. that was pretty much one of the most memorable experiences i'll ever have in gaming and i have that giant chicken team to thank for it.

i had to do up an homage to you guys so here's my barbarian!

thanks so much behemoth!

CC_barb_500.jpg

and here's a bigger version just for the heck of it ;}

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg21 ... 1221080152

the whole collection update below!!

CC_peasant_sm.jpg

CC_fencer_sm.jpg

CC_brute_sm.jpg

CC_stoveface_sm.jpg

CC_demon_sm.jpg

CC_bear_sm.jpg

CC_necro_sm.jpg

CC_ninjer_sm.jpg

CC_skel_sm.jpg

CC_iceskimo_sm.jpg

CC_snakey_sm.jpg

CC_industrialist.jpg

CC_beekeep_sm.jpg

CC_royalg_sm.jpg

CC_hominid.jpg

CC_thief_sm.jpg

CC_conehead_sm.jpg

CC_princess01_sm.jpg

CC_cultist_sm.jpg

CC_cyclops_sm.jpg

CC_saracen_sm.jpg

CC_icew_sm.jpg

CC_blacksmith1_sm.jpg

CC_king_sm.jpg

its been a while but here's some more recent dudes!

CC_orangeknight_small.jpg

CC_blueknight_small.jpg

CC_greenknight_small.jpg

CC_redknight_small.jpg

CC_homonid_small.jpg

more comin!

• Upvote 2

@ joker b:

thanks man! and yeah i think there needs to be more DP inspired art out there.

@ dexide:

thanks for the compliment, and yeah i guess bitey does look like a digimon there, i'll have to keep that in mind for when i draw another guy!

@ kelly:

thanks alot pal! dan paladin is my favorite artist and it'd be an honor to know he got to check it out. along with al you champs at the big chicken!

@ shesjustaglitch:

thanks for the compliment! and i'm gonna get my stuff dumped somewhere, but as of now there's some raw stuff here:

http://photobucket.com/jouste

and some more of the same with some stories on this sketchbook thread: (rated pg for some language) ;)

http://boards.polycount.net/showthread.php?t=53005

:shock: absolutely incredible!!! thank you so much for taking the time and energy to do this! you can just sniff the style on this piece. you can SNIFF IT. hahaha

love the baker image in your portfolio, as well.

your favorite artist?! i am flattered!!!

I made your image my desktop background, amazes me every time I see it.

I absolutely love the image of the bird faced knight, so original, extremely well drawn.

Keep up the amazing work!

@danp:

wow, that was a fast reply. thanks so much for looking through my photobucket! really great to hear from you dan. i totally doubt you'd remember this but i gave you a drawing at the 2007 comicon done in blue pencil of your 4 knights.

meeting you guys really refreshed my outlook on everything and got me back attacking my artwork with a crazy amount of fervor. i have you guys to thank for a lot of advancements in my artwork.

oh! and i wanted to thank you for signing my barbarian figure with a "happy birthday!" and a sweet barbarian drawing on the case. my friend gave it too me when he got back from pax and i couldn't stop hugging him.

@hellvector:

thanks alot for the compliment, good looking tmnt sig!

@shesjustaglitch:

thats great! pretty flattered i scored my pic on your bg. i'm glad you like my jouste knight, alot of my mounted characters in my photobucket borrow quite a bit from dan's style, that bird faced knight included.

@Jtinnyboi:

thanks for the props man! and i know it sounds lame, but keep on practicing drawing all the time and you'll keep getting better and better do you have anything you've done recently?

@nephets:

that would probably be the best job in the world nephets, its such a cool job that i don't think it's even been invented yet ;P

so i had some time after work here and decided that it wouldn't hurt if i got another homage done up. here's an homage to dan paladin's peasant and cardinal! wielding the uber-powerful fishing rod!

CC_peasant_sm.jpg

and the bigger one in case!

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg21 ... 1221096069

thanks again guys!

Actually, creating monsters is a job. It's character design and development. Some game companies go further and actually have a title called Monster Designer. Might want to look into it some day.

holy crap that is freaking awesome. that cold dark stare in the peasants eye really shows how psychotic he really is as well as soulless ! yay for great art!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

holy crap that is freaking awesome. that cold dark stare in the peasants eye really shows how psychotic he really is as well as soulless ! yay for great art!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

I love your sig.

@danp:

wow, that was a fast reply. thanks so much for looking through my photobucket! really great to hear from you dan. i totally doubt you'd remember this but i gave you a drawing at the 2007 comicon done in blue pencil of your 4 knights.

meeting you guys really refreshed my outlook on everything and got me back attacking my artwork with a crazy amount of fervor. i have you guys to thank for a lot of advancements in my artwork.

oh! and i wanted to thank you for signing my barbarian figure with a "happy birthday!" and a sweet barbarian drawing on the case. my friend gave it too me when he got back from pax and i couldn't stop hugging him.

@hellvector:

thanks alot for the compliment, good looking tmnt sig!

@shesjustaglitch:

thats great! pretty flattered i scored my pic on your bg. i'm glad you like my jouste knight, alot of my mounted characters in my photobucket borrow quite a bit from dan's style, that bird faced knight included.

@Jtinnyboi:

thanks for the props man! and i know it sounds lame, but keep on practicing drawing all the time and you'll keep getting better and better do you have anything you've done recently?

@nephets:

that would probably be the best job in the world nephets, its such a cool job that i don't think it's even been invented yet ;P

so i had some time after work here and decided that it wouldn't hurt if i got another homage done up. here's an homage to dan paladin's peasant and cardinal! wielding the uber-powerful fishing rod!

CC_peasant_sm.jpg

and the bigger one in case!

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg21 ... 1221096069

thanks again guys!

Wow, another fantastic piece.

I'd really like to see your take on a knight or the fencer.

I think you drawing any magic type would look excellent.

I'd really like to see your take on a knight or the fencer.

I think you drawing any magic type would look excellent.

ask and you shall recieve! (within reason ;P)

@roguedarkjedi:

yeah i'm aware of the position you speak of, but the majority of my stuff is kind of taken as a joke. i think alot of people prefer "safer" monsters, like more traditional stuff. thanks for the feedback though.

@emil:

yes the peasant's hollow eyes constantly haunt my dreams. hollow and soulless like a well kept charlie manson.

thanks for all your great compliments guys, i'm glad that your enjoying the homages!

so here's that annoying saw-chucking fencer! as requested by shesjustaglitch. done over my lunch break. he has a confused froglette as his orb and is multitasking a saw blade into some guy behind him!

CC_fencer_sm.jpg

and the image is pretty long, so here's a nice wide one in case.

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg21 ... 1221163803

Guest Kibbler

Nice!! :D Love the new one! I hope froglett can grow out of that sword-licking habit; it'll save him a lot of trouble.

I don't know how you think of which ones to draw, but I think you could draw a wicked skeleton! Your take on the bear would be very interesting, as well!

I mean, you don't have to... but if you're looking for ideas... :lol:

I love the pose.