Sign in to follow this  
jouste

thank you behemoth! an homage to your awesomeness!

I've been looking at these for quite a while, and with the beekeeper, I just had to post. The textures amazing, the style great, and it keeps great. You should get a job at the Behemoth, as everyone loves your work. Jouste for prez!!!!

Absolutely amazizing (intentional typo). I love everything about your beekeeper; from the armor up to the honey on the spoon. It's great, really. I hope you do one of the orange knight soon (meh fave character ^_^). No pressure or anything!

Love 'em, plans on making the knights and the king?

King would have his sceptor and Mr. Buddy

Orange could have the final sword with the fire ability and the new demon orb

Blue with the ice sword and the new seal orb

Green with that war hammer weapon and the troll orb

and Red could have the light saber and...can't think of anything. Doing this by memory.

phew! thanks a lot for the great comments guys!

@Jtinnyboi: hey man, i'm waiting on the knights till the last possible moment, i'd like to get all the other guy's done up before them, i figure everybody is already doing a fine job paying homages to those little crusaders so i'll just get the other guys done up quick!

and the women characters are coming i just felt that i had to get this request done from waaaaay back in the thread by muffin crasher, sorry no ice sword (it just wasn't working) so i put a mean looking sabre on the guy and also put the most popular animal orb in there munching on a leaf!

so without further ado here is that mean desert-dwelling psychopath, the royal guard!

CC_royalg_sm.jpg

and a larger one for those with big hearts:

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg21 ... 1222673872

thanks again for checking out my stuff dudes and dudettes! as always there will be more to come

-jouste

I've always wondered how he could see out of that mess of chains.

EDit: BTW Jouste, I'm still learning how to use the tablet and I was wondering if I could still take up your offer of the tutorial for how you color and do the graphics for your pieces.

If you aren't to busy/willing to.

WOW YOU ROCK,BUT YOU KNOW WHAT WOULD BE BEAST?A DESSERT THUG.i mean come on with his bombs and what not...air....i shouldn't .....or should i.muhahaha.JK :lol:but seriously me want thug :( .....bad :cry: ..... ;) .oh and nice royal guard :D !!!

Guest Crass

If you gave the Civilian the baseball bat, I would be eternally grateful, that's my character and if I had a picture with my character using my weapon of choice it would just be amazing! (preferably with the chicken, but I don't want to ask for too much!)

Guest Kibbler

Awesome! :lol:

Best yet. Love the linework; you're really nailing that reflective armor shine!

Needs moar blood tbh... dare I say the princesses get involved in a nasty bloodbath? :D

Jouste for president imo.

just wondering would you mind if i did a spoof or whatever its called when i draw something else in your picture and make it funny? somewhat like my signature of icekimo

hey again guys! thanks for all the comments always good to hear from you dudes and dudettes.

@mad fiddler: you're stuff's been looking really good mad, all i could really recommended is get used too keeping clean lines and masking techniques. hopefully this next post can help you out a bit.

@b36d: nope, go right ahead!

@XI DiiGLET IX: yep! i use sketchbook pro to rough it out and photoshop to color it.

so hey guy's i've been pretty bust recently so this one was a really quick drawing, but i noticed that alot of people were starting to want to see some of the processes i go through when i do up these guys so here goes.

step 1 and 2: the "fun" phase.

so the first image is my favorite part of drawing, i stay nice and loose and just have a blast. i don't really care too much about it looking amazing or anything i just want to get my idea down on a page.

the second image is the same rough dropped to 50% opacity and gone over with a finer brush. i don't need to stay to close to the original rough because i tend to add alot more detail on the second pass anyways

hominid_01.jpg

step 3 and 4: the "base" phase.

so by using the magic wand i select the outside of the sketch and make the background on a seperate layer. i then invert the selection and put another color on multiply for the hominid himself. from there it gets to be easy cause i just eyedropper (alt. when the brush is selected) on dan's stuff and color over the image i've made.

step 4 is an "overlay" layer that i use to get the shadows and the light down. i ALWAYS do it from the top right of the image cause it makes for the most interesting shadows. and because i can do it the fastest.

hominid_02.jpg

step 5 and 6: the "touch-up" phase.

in these steps i add some warm colors for the highlights and cool colors for the shadows (an oldschool painter trick from waaaaay back). the other final step is just to add some really finer white lines for highlights.

hominid_03.jpg

aaaaand then i just cram my same old background with a hue and saturation change to match the alien. and voila! if anybody has any other questions i'll do my best to answer them.

here's what i ended up with over the course of lunch,

CC_hominid.jpg

oh awesome! thank you so much for posting your process, its great for your fans (like me!) to see.

and, another great one! (though i wonder what the Behemoth chicken orb thinks of two of the Behemoth "good guys" fighting... :o )

:arrow:

kelly