Sign in to follow this  
Cartolicious

Borderlands

I debating picking it up.

I mean I should be saving my money...plus L4D2 and MW2 come out next month...

Worth the rent? or should I buy?

I'd rent it first, simply because it's not for everyone.

Then again, my mall decided to have a sale on it to make it $39.96 plus tax, making it very much worth a purchase.

Worth getting for me?

I liked Fallout 3 and Oblivion, I like customization and leveling up.

I like the look of the art style.

Specs on the game from Denivire's perspective:

Graphics

Graphics feel very cell-shaded, and have the look of everything is hand drawn, which it might have been. The game manages to pull this off really well, and it adds to the feel of the game.

Gameplay

In short, it is labeled as a RPS, or Role-Playing Shooter for those not well adept in acronyms. It has four classes to choose from, each having their own special perks and skill trees for leveling, and each weapon type has a proficiency that adds bonuses the higher the level of the proficiency.

During Co-op, you can get incapacitated, and rather killing something before your die, or getting revived by your friend gives you a "Second Wind" to keep going forward. Death just brings you back to the closest "New-U" station with all gained loot and experience, with the loss of some of your current cash.

The loot is randomly generated depending on the number of people playing, how well they are playing, the levels of the enemies in comparison to the level of the characters, the level of the characters, and chance. That means you have practically no way of getting the same weapon, shield, or upgrade twice, with few exceptions such as boss drops.

The maps are extensive, and well laid out to prevent going into areas prematurely, yet allowing lots of freedom to explore.

Issues

The only issues I have encountered is small things on the majority. One such thing is everyone chooses Mordecai due to his last spec in his sniper tree where when maxed out, his snipers, pistols and revolvers bypass shields 100% of the time.

Another fairly common little bug is the vehicles and when they decide to let you in or not. It only happens in co-op though, so just make sure everyone sticks with certain vehicles, or the game can get a little annoying.

Other than these, and that around 1/3 to 1/2 way into the game the enemies just start to get difficult, there are none I can think of.

I hit lvl 7 with Lilith yesterday. I'm waiting for my friends to catch up. I think I might buy it for pc also just because the graphics for me are hard to keep up with especially in split screen. I feel confused and lost everytime I stare at the screen.

I have a level 19 Mordecai but I am thinking about using roland now because mordecai is overused or lilith because she is a sexy siren. But yah I anyone wants to play add me on live GT=Cartolicious

I do agree, Mordecai is overused, but then again, 100% chance to bypass shields with snipers and pistol weapons is awesome :D

I have yet to see anyone use Lilith on my friends list, so chances are I might make me a Lilith to work on, see if I can get her power-leveled a bit to boot.

I'll have to be the siren first. I want to try and get to about level 40 and start with another character, probably Mordecai (then Roland, then Brick in order of who fits my play-style best). Too bad I can't get this game yet. :cry: I'm thinking of selling some stuff for it (Halo Wars limited edition, Halo CE strategy guide, Xbox 360 memory card, my soul,... :| ). I have already mapped out my skill point allocation and have done a ton of research on the game. I love Fallout 3 and look forward to the difference in pace between the two. Plus multiplayer and skill allocation system (you can move skill points around at checkpoints!!!) rock. This game will not get old for a while :lol: ... just like Fallout 3...

hi i got that poopy tube tv where you cant see the text that good...

is it a hard to read the text in borderlands on those tvs?

YES, my t.v. can barely display my own ammo capacity and level because it's pretty light. Adjusting Gamma and brightness can only do so much.

got it on steam, having difficulties with networking. i can't alter the router at work just because of this game, so i might be screwed :cry:

pretty cool game, though. got to level 9. soldier is fun but he says pretty cheesy stuff..

got it on steam, having difficulties with networking. i can't alter the router at work just because of this game, so i might be screwed :cry:

pretty cool game, though. got to level 9. soldier is fun but he says pretty cheesy stuff..

It's ok Dan, Steam makes everyone :cry:

Well, it does have 87 Bazillion guns, so I may just consider getting it. Looks interesting, so I'll give it a try.

Oh you better play the damn game sometime soon, or the mafia will get you.

And Chicago Ted.

ON YOUR FEET, SOLDIER! :P

Trust me when I say this: Brick, the Berserker's Dialog, most of it doesn't fit. In fact, the parts that don't fit would have fit perfectly with the soldier!

also, everyone has some pretty lame voice acting parts here and there. Best one is pretty much Mordecai, followed by Lilith.

Also, for general posting, 1 Achievement away from 1000 GS for the game, and it's level 50! How far away from that am I? Five levels, on my Hunter!

Hunter is definitely my favorite class, most evidently with the last perk in the Sniper tree, Trespass, being the best perk for anyone.

I really should have reserved this, it's sold out everywhere... EVERYWHERE!

Even Amazon? :P

Also, I might buy this game, but I have some problems:

1. I don't know what it's about

2. I don't know what you do in it

3. I don't want to spend $60

Basically: You are a vault hunter. On the Planet Pandora, there is legend of a vault that holds immeasurable treasures there, and you're doing your best to find the vault, by any means necessary. The planet Pandora pretty much is in pure Anarchy because there is no government to control what little humanity is left on the planet. What's left is dangerous wildlife, bandits, psychopaths and raiders (organized with leaders), and very few settlements with humanity with sanity.

Picture a First person shooter like any other. Your HUD consists of your EXP bar, your Health and Shield bars, your Ammo Bar, and a compass. Mainly, you just complete quests, collect better equipment (there's always a better gun, grenade, class mod and shield), and explore the vast world of Pandora. It also has up to 4 player online co-op, with a very sophisticated drop-in, drop-out system (only if the host leaves does everyone get booted).

Game already has some DLC being made for it, involving Zombies, and they say they are planning more content, but have not confirmed any more.

Just Youtube some of it, or go to IGN for their review for more information. What I've typed is the basics, and I have not gotten into detail of the leveling, the different classes and weapon types, the types of enemies, etc.

The game offers a lot for the RPG player who enjoys FPS games, so it's at the very least worth a rental for you to try it.

Picture a First person shooter like any other. Your HUD consists of your EXP bar, your Health and Shield bars, your Ammo Bar, and a compass. Mainly, you just complete quests, collect better equipment (there's always a better gun, grenade, class mod and shield), and explore the vast world of Pandora.

Cool just like fallout

Basically: You are a vault hunter. On the Planet Pandora, there is legend of a vault that holds immeasurable treasures there, and you're doing your best to find the vault, by any means necessary. The planet Pandora pretty much is in pure Anarchy because there is no government to control what little humanity is left on the planet. What's left is dangerous wildlife, bandits, psychopaths and raiders (organized with leaders), and very few settlements with humanity with sanity.

Picture a First person shooter like any other. Your HUD consists of your EXP bar, your Health and Shield bars, your Ammo Bar, and a compass. Mainly, you just complete quests, collect better equipment (there's always a better gun, grenade, class mod and shield), and explore the vast world of Pandora. It also has up to 4 player online co-op, with a very sophisticated drop-in, drop-out system (only if the host leaves does everyone get booted).
Zombies?!?!? :D

Game already has some DLC being made for it, involving Zombies, and they say they are planning more content, but have not confirmed any more.

Just Youtube some of it, or go to IGN for their review for more information. What I've typed is the basics, and I have not gotten into detail of the leveling, the different classes and weapon types, the types of enemies, etc.

The game offers a lot for the RPG player who enjoys FPS games, so it's at the very least worth a rental for you to try it.

Borderlands is pretty awesome so far. I'm a level 15 or something like that, and I'm that skinny guy with the goggles (whomever that is).

But has anyone found a revolver yet? I've found every kind of weapon so far in the game... except for a revolver. I haven't been outside of the Wastelands yet (not counting somethingoranother Gully, and the Mines, etc.), maybe there are some elsewhere later on in the game.