Sign in to follow this  
Mike Cruz!

Dragon Age: Origins

The game is straight beast, a nice lil game ta warm ya up fer MASS EFFECT DOS!

I love all the origins and storylines, and even the gameplay isn't that horrible. get the game guys, u won't be disappointed. :D

Got the game yesterday, have to say i'm enjoying it so far. Minor negative though, awful graphics, just really poor. Which is strange considering how good Mass Effect looked (2007!)

I think they concentrated more on the other parts of the game.

Got the game yesterday, have to say i'm enjoying it so far. Minor negative though, awful graphics, just really poor. Which is strange considering how good Mass Effect looked (2007!)

I never understood why people always complained about the graphics in a game

Its still fun

I find good graphics, or at least an interesting style, can help immersion. Frankly those who say graphics aren't important are lying to themselves.

Besides, i did say that the game was very fun & that the graphics were a minor negative.

I'm at a loss...I really don't know which to get

Left4Dead 2 or DragonAge: Origins

Based on Gameplay, I'd say DragonAge. Its been absolutely ages since I've trawled through an RPG as huge as this, and this one actually looks half decent :D

Although, L4D 2 has a great online system, which almost all of my friends will be playing from release date

But thats irrelevant. DragonAge: Origins looks amazing. The landscapes, the character design, everything just looks stunning (and not just graphic-wise, either :) ). Even the character creator has even the smallest details included! This game has depth, and a lot of it, and so I think its more than worthy of your money, for any RPG fan :D

Based on Gameplay, I'd say DragonAge. Its been absolutely ages since I've trawled through an RPG as huge as this, and this one actually looks half decent :D

Although, L4D 2 has a great online system, which almost all of my friends will be playing from release date

But thats irrelevant. DragonAge: Origins looks amazing. The landscapes, the character design, everything just looks stunning (and not just graphic-wise, either :) ). Even the character creator has even the smallest details included! This game has depth, and a lot of it, and so I think its more than worthy of your money, for any RPG fan :D

It's a pretty damn good game, get it on PC for the full experience. The console versions look like balloon.

It's a pretty damn good game, get it on PC for the full experience. The console versions look like balloon.
Agreed, although I'll probably end up getting the console version anyway...which is shame :/

If only I had a better desktop :lol: The PC version 0wns. It took my friend 3 days to download it, but it was completely worth the wait!

I think they concentrated more on the other parts of the game.

Actually it looks GREAT on PC.

They toned it back because of the sheer size of the game for consoles.

If you're going to get this game, go PC if you can.

Also, this game is FAR better than Mass Effect IMO. I thought that game was garbage in terms of role playing. This game feels like KOTOR, Mass Effect didn't.

I find good graphics, or at least an interesting style, can help immersion. Frankly those who say graphics aren't important are lying to themselves.

I like to say Graphics aren't important if they don't take away from the experience. There is a point were one will go "Okay, these graphics suck too much for me to try and enjoy the game.", but this game definitely doesn't do that.

My computer cannot even fathom to try and be able to run this at top graphics, so I got it on my 360. I don't understand what makes the graphics "look like balloon", but if they do, I can't tell due to how much fun I'm having playing this game. Did every origin, every romance (I made a female dwarf get it on with Leliana, it looks hilarious), 2 endings, 1 almost complete playthrough, and highest damaging hit so far is around 158, making that 250 look so far away.

Let's just say I clocked in a lot of hours into this game, and love it. Judging from the title, I'm expecting a sequel, and I'm gonna grab it when it hits the shelves.

I like to say Graphics aren't important if they don't take away from the experience. There is a point were one will go "Okay, these graphics suck too much for me to try and enjoy the game.", but this game definitely doesn't do that.

My computer cannot even fathom to try and be able to run this at top graphics, so I got it on my 360. I don't understand what makes the graphics "look like balloon", but if they do, I can't tell due to how much fun I'm having playing this game. Did every origin, every romance (I made a female dwarf get it on with Leliana, it looks hilarious), 2 endings, 1 almost complete playthrough, and highest damaging hit so far is around 158, making that 250 look so far away.

Let's just say I clocked in a lot of hours into this game, and love it. Judging from the title, I'm expecting a sequel, and I'm gonna grab it when it hits the shelves.

Seriously? :lol:

Finally, this game is gaining popularity on the forums. :D

I don't see anything wrong with the console graphics though. And you should really get the console version cause the controls are really simple, I'm guessing they won't in the PC version.... :ugeek:

Anyways, the storyline is just so incredibly huuuge. :geek:

Try rescuing the Arl of Redcliffe and choosing get help from the mages' circle later on in the quest. It'll take a loooooong time. :lol:

I mean this game is just HUGE. :shock:

I do!!! :D can't wait fer it ta transfer over ta Mass Effect DOS. and I got "the stone prisoner" when I bought it. Still have ta get "wardens keep" though.

Agreed, although I'll probably end up getting the console version anyway...which is shame :/

If only I had a better desktop :lol: The PC version 0wns. It took my friend 3 days to download it, but it was completely worth the wait!

and you all call me a PC fanboy :roll:

DA:O Is an excellent game.

Yes, I did make my main character at one point a Female Dwarf to see what the "intimate" scene would look like with the tallest and shortest races in the game (it was hilarious, but hot). Leliana is my favorite character for the romances, and Allistar and Shale are the best for quotes. Allistar literally makes me laugh a lot in that game.

The only problem I have encountered so far is that if you don't unlock the purchase-only skills on your first playthrough, you might get a bug preventing you from getting them ever again, like I did. Now I cannot make anyone but Wynne a Spirit Healer :(

DA:O Is an excellent game.

Yes, I did make my main character at one point a Female Dwarf to see what the "intimate" scene would look like with the tallest and shortest races in the game (it was hilarious, but hot). Leliana is my favorite character for the romances, and Allistar and Shale are the best for quotes. Allistar literally makes me laugh a lot in that game.

The only problem I have encountered so far is that if you don't unlock the purchase-only skills on your first playthrough, you might get a bug preventing you from getting them ever again, like I did. Now I cannot make anyone but Wynne a Spirit Healer :(

:o:cry:

Is it an open world game like oblivion and WoW?

Yes and No.

It's not quite "Open" to the point were you can go anywhere at any time, and only has open the locations available for your quests, but these areas have enough stuff to do in them that makes the game enjoyable so you don't get stuck going places to grind repeatedly to just get the level needed to do certain things. Also, when something is dead, they remain dead for the rest of the game. A great thing about this is sometimes some enemies aren't suppose to drop anything after dying, and you can go back to it after nearly completing the game, and the corpse is still there, and sometimes now has loot for you to loot from it. The only bad thing about this would be making it impossible to grind for a specific level.