Sign in to follow this  
scarabix

too much users!

The reason that doesn't make sense is because a lot of people are fans but don't post on the site, and it's for a vast number of issues. However we still have a lot of people who browse the forums as well. However, I would encourage anyone reading to make an account and join the forums to chit chat, I'll even give them a cookie.

Is it a good cookie? Cause maybe i can get my bro to try CC lol

The reason that doesn't make sense is because a lot of people are fans but don't post on the site, and it's for a vast number of issues. However we still have a lot of people who browse the forums as well. However, I would encourage anyone reading to make an account and join the forums to chit chat, I'll even give them a cookie.

Is it a good cookie? Cause maybe i can get my bro to try CC lol

And then steal his cookie :ninja::idea: ?

maybe there should be a rule as to who can join contest like post count...

i joined so i could do some of the contest but i fell in love with this palce :D

I agree. they have to be real posts too not spam etc. but only like 10 posts, as even 50 would be too much.

I always wondered why there was the problem with members. I mean, I agree that people who joined for the contests were just hoggin off, but the more that post the merrier it is(and more active).

Clearing out inactive users who have never made a post. I like it. In fact I've done it.

9308 members before user clean up

8733 current members.

a little more accurate i guess.

# of users with 1 post only = 3836 -- if we remove those we're down to 4897 members and that would be a lot more representative. but i don't want to discount the hope that 1 post can lead to more so i dont know.

what do you all think ?

# of users with 1 post only = 3836 -- if we remove those we're down to 4897 members and that would be a lot more representative. but i don't want to discount the hope that 1 post can lead to more so i dont know.

what do you all think ?

I'd say it depends on how long ago they made said 1 post.

what do you all think ?

Welll, if they haven't logged in for about 4 months, I would say, go for it.

what do you all think ?

Welll, if they haven't logged in for about 4 months, I would say, go for it.

Yeah, otherwise they would probably just come back and enter the contests again.

Delete in-active users, who have posted less than 1 month ago etc, unless they notify a mod about their departure.

Sortet' as we would say up here.

I don't think this would be necessary seeing as you can type in the name of a specific user as well as specifying what their name starts with.

You're plan outlines quite a bit of work for the mods with the letter and all. I mean honestly, must we go through the thousands of not so active members looking for who to send the supposed letter to?

Of course I don't believe Kelly would agree to this idea based on the fact that it wouldn't be fair to those members who could suffer a ban do to the fact that they don't log on anymore.

Agreed. Although I would support deleting any accounts that haven't been logged onto in over a year or more, many individuals created accounts with the game released...and never used them.

what do you all think ?

i'd say no, a lot of people sign up mostly to read the posts, not to post themselves. But being a member, they have access to more search features.

what do you all think ?

i'd say no, a lot of people sign up mostly to read the posts, not to post themselves. But being a member, they have access to more search features.

We wouldn't have over 9,000 members anymore... :(

what do you all think ?

I dont understand your sadness for not having 9k members anymore :?

Nor do I.

I do agree with 1 year of inactiveness, and less than... 5 posts.

If they were to lose their account, and they wanted to be a member, than they could just make a new account. They didn't lose much anyways.

I dont understand your sadness for not having 9k members anymore :?

This video explains it all:

by the way, Scarabix, The topic title should be too many users. just trying to help :)

He's French(?) so don't blame him...

He's French(?) so don't blame him...

I didn't know that.

thanks! 8-)

Sure thing ;)

Sorry if my post was a bit harsh(ish) I had just gotten out of bed :lol: