Sign in to follow this  
scarabix

the not so rewarding insane mode!

ok,these are old news,but don't you think the insane mode is really not rewarding

wait two minutes!all that stuff for a golden skull?i can't stand this.

yeah its a bummer! no achievement,no unlockable character,just a gold skull!

also i dont think insane is really all that difficult either..easy no,but hard? medium more like! me n my friend with v good connections were just blitzing thru all levels (no skipping) on insane unlocking gold skulls galore untill he got bored with it.

the other thing is that when you get gold skulls and play mp other players accuse you of glitching,cheating and often mistake you for a 256'er.

personally the only way to play insane to make it challenging is to play it solo.

If you don't feel any sense of accomplishment for completeing insane mode then don't do it. You can normally tell when someone doesn't have legit gold skulls. The only thing that would happen if there were unlockable characters or achievements from insane mode is a greater spread of the 256 and for that I am grateful.

I stand out with my gold skulls and I sure as hell feel a sense of accomplishment after I earn each one. Before things like gamerscores people searched endlessly for collectables and played games rigorously for their own satisfaction. Demanding more seems stupid to me. No one will know or care if you're the best until you beat them, welcome to gaming.

It would've been nice if there was a character at the end of it, and it would've been nice if hackers couldn't fake their Gold Skulls, but even without the aforementioned, the challenge and thrill of victory is enough.

Fenix, otto, and I sure are proud of our insane mode prowess. Our videos take up 90% of the "Castle Crasher insane" search on YouTube. The best way to get good at Insane Mode is to just check our channels and take notes. :lol:

It would've been nice if there was a character at the end of it, and it would've been nice if hackers couldn't fake their Gold Skulls, but even without the aforementioned, the challenge and thrill of victory is enough.

^^^^^

^^^^^

Dan, I completely agree.

On another note, I love inspiring people who only play arena to try insane mode. I've helped a lot of people, even some in the top 25, get their first gold skull.

c'mon,anyone,stop agreeing with dan everytime.i have to say i'm a little decieved (like when i found out the princess was actually tricky),but whatever,this is a great challenge!insane mode is making the game longer!

tho i reckon if there had been some achievement for completing insane mode that would increase the longevity of the game,i think behemoth lost out on that one.

i got friends that are tottally into gamerscores,when they realised no achievement for insane whatsoever they quit playing the game!

an achievement for abandoned mill yet none for insane!? something wrong there.

They need an after insane mode

they need a "harder" insane mode! theres only 2 lvls that are actually "hard"...the marsh beefies and the necro waves.if only behemoth had made the rest of the game as difficult as those 2.....

they need a "harder" insane mode! theres only 2 lvls that are actually "hard"...the marsh beefies and the necro waves.if only behemoth had made the rest of the game as difficult as those 2.....

I agree. For a game centered around its incredible story mode, it would have been nicer if the most difficult mode was beyond just knowing the system (ie. knowing what juggles and other combos to use). The AI is pretty weak if you ask me. There is always one enemy who just lingers around while you XXXYY his buddies. In my opinion, a better mode would be one with enemies with a median amount of health (somewhere between normal and insane health) and a smarter AI. Sort of like arena against mediocre players.

By the way, Otto, do you have 100% gold skulls? If you do, you should definitely make a video of you scrolling through your character selection list and posting it as a response to acidglow's video.

c'mon,anyone,stop agreeing with dan everytime.i have to say i'm a little decieved (like when i found out the princess was actually tricky),but whatever,this is a great challenge!insane mode is making the game longer!

I agree on how people blindly follow Dans opinions. It really gets annoying that every thinks they have to agree with him because it is his site.

But that aside I still think beating it is its own reward. It proves you are "hard core".

I agree. For a game centered around its incredible story mode, it would have been nicer if the most difficult mode was beyond just knowing the system (ie. knowing what juggles and other combos to use). The AI is pretty weak if you ask me. There is always one enemy who just lingers around while you XXXYY his buddies. In my opinion, a better mode would be one with enemies with a median amount of health (somewhere between normal and insane health) and a smarter AI. Sort of like arena against mediocre players.

By the way, Otto, do you have 100% gold skulls? If you do, you should definitely make a video of you scrolling through your character selection list and posting it as a response to acidglow's video.

i need 3 more gold skulls and they're at wizard take off. when i get time i'll finish em solo.not on xbox much these days...

i need 3 more gold skulls and they're at wizard take off. when i get time i'll finish em solo.not on xbox much these days...

I figured you were pretty close. I'd help but I have too much school work this week and a project to finish. Also, I don't really Xbox Live.

Insane mode is quite disappointing

I mean

Necromancer is the only challenge and you can hardly call it a challenge, because in case of this battle, luck is the major factor

Another hard level is Marsh, but I completed it with Green Knight, while Skeletons are resistant to poison. Desert is also hard until you realize that you can't rush. Troll boss and Groom caused trouble, but also require only patience

Besides, look at boss damage. Ice King's falling icy stalagtites do damage of 7 or around that. Only few bosses were improved (well, every boss had increased health, but that was it). They upgraded mostly regular enemies

Very disappointing. I don't really mind that there are no rewards. Even before dumb achievements were introduced, I usually tried to get EVERYTHING in a game that I really liked. However, in the name of people who play for points, I must criticise you for not doing an achievement related to Insane mode. This could replace the catapult achievement which was way too easy (typing this reminded me of that game Lips, where entering any menu unlocked achievements)

I mean

Necromancer is the only challenge and you can hardly call it a challenge, because in case of this battle, luck is the major factor

Another hard level is Marsh, but I completed it with Green Knight, while Skeletons are resistant to poison. Desert is also hard until you realize that you can't rush. Troll boss and Groom caused trouble, but also require only patience

Besides, look at boss damage. Ice King's falling icy stalagtites do damage of 7 or around that. Only few bosses were improved (well, every boss had increased health, but that was it). They upgraded mostly regular enemies

Very disappointing. I don't really mind that there are no rewards. Even before dumb achievements were introduced, I usually tried to get EVERYTHING in a game that I really liked. However, in the name of people who play for points, I must criticise you for not doing an achievement related to Insane mode. This could replace the catapult achievement which was way too easy (typing this reminded me of that game Lips, where entering any menu unlocked achievements)

I agree,necromancer does require luck to get thru.As for the other lvls and bosses they're quite easy once you've worked out a way to beat them.For example the groom boss i just use b magic and keep him at a distance,works all the time.The trolls i just air combo and the beefies on the marsh is all y magic.

As for the necro....the first wave i can deal with,the second wave is easily doable with red knight (3 times beaten it with red) but any other knight is a struggle and luck plays a major part if you get thru.

And the achievements for insane? None.That alone turned alot of my friends off the game.

I mean

I agree,necromancer does require luck to get thru.As for the other lvls and bosses they're quite easy once you've worked out a way to beat them.For example the groom boss i just use b magic and keep him at a distance,works all the time.The trolls i just air combo and the beefies on the marsh is all y magic.

As for the necro....the first wave i can deal with,the second wave is easily doable with red knight (3 times beaten it with red) but any other knight is a struggle and luck plays a major part if you get thru.

And the achievements for insane? None.That alone turned alot of my friends off the game.

The second wave is just too easy with red knight. I'm uploading a video to YouTube of a run of that fight that only took me 2 potions. I used 3 potions but I accidentally pressed B twice after getting hit, causing me to use a second potion immediately after I had just used one.

Back on topic, I think that any reliance on luck can be avoided by starting off with a juggle and evading the beefy brute effectively. Also, an achievement for insane mode would not have been good idea. Too many people would have it when they clearly don't deserve it. All 256s would start off with the achievement and other people would just be encouraged to get a 256 to run them through the game. Nobody who isn't good at insane mode would spend as much time as it takes to beat insane mode if their only incentive is gamerscore. They would either give up or cheat.

i am actually talking about a solid reward.not anything real,but at least a character or something.then people would at least try to finnish the game in insane mode,and we would see better players in the arena (i hate those f*ers that freeze me then juggle.getting all the game's pleasure out.

i am actually talking about a solid reward.not anything real,but at least a character or something.then people would at least try to finnish the game in insane mode,and we would see better players in the arena (i hate those f*ers that freeze me then juggle.getting all the game's pleasure out.

That's sort of contradictory. The good arena players are the ones that juggle and know how to trap the other players in a juggling position. The other good ones know the tricks that can get themselves out of the other players' traps.