Sign in to follow this  
Mabelma

Would it ever be possible?

After spending countless hours in my ipod touch looking for a good beat em up I came to the conclusion that there's is no game that can compare to alien hominid so I ask you The Behemoth, will it ever happen, will Alien Hominid be ported to the Ipod Touch/Iphone any time in the future? I though it could be since it's not going to be ported to PSN it could be ported to IPod/IPhone. I know it's a little risky seeing as apple ask to much of the developers but if Alien Hominid becomes the top Game for the Ipod/Iphone it will be all worth while. There are some benefits to this happening; your fandom will potentially increase, you might earn tons of catch if you release a demo first and then the full version. I was thinking that the controls would be integrated into the screen like in the game ZombieVille but here you will move by pressing some kind of key pad that would be on the bottom of the screen. Let me explain:

>= move right

<= move left

^= jump

down key(can't seem to find the icon for it)= crouch

Action button1 = attack

Action button2 = other action

I think it would be a great idea. I was also thinking that if you don't get to much money from it you could sell additional content, like characters,guns,ect..

Hope you consider this idea and that someone from the official team can reply to this post.

If this has already been suggested by someone please delete it. I myself couldn't find a topic that suggested this anywhere on this section.

this,obviously,like the castle crasher thing,would make more people know about AH.and more generally about the behemoth. unfortunately,it's easier to say than do. but ask anyway,you have nothing to loose!

this,obviously,like the castle crasher thing,would make more people know about AH.and more generally about the behemoth. unfortunately,it's easier to say than do. but ask anyway,you have nothing to loose!

Yes it does, I hope someone from the staff can answer my question.

Well, I'm not part of the staff, but I have a feeling it's not going to happen, especially with all the work they have right now.

I love Alien Hominid, but seeing as they don't even have plans to port it for the PS3, it shows just how hard and time consuming it can be, especially for the iPhone.

The closest you're probably going to get to a handheld Alien Hominid is through the GBA version, which is actually really hard to find, unfortunately.

Well, I'm not part of the staff, but I have a feeling it's not going to happen, especially with all the work they have right now.

I love Alien Hominid, but seeing as they don't even have plans to port it for the PS3, it shows just how hard and time consuming it can be, especially for the iPhone.

The closest you're probably going to get to a handheld Alien Hominid is through the GBA version, which is actually really hard to find, unfortunately.

Yeah it is, but I wasn't talking about right now but later down the road.

Yeah it is, but I wasn't talking about right now but later down the road.

True, it might be a possibility to port PS2 or Gamecube games into an iPhone some day.

Unfortunately, if it happens, I doubt it'll be anytime soon.

Don't you think it would be a bit hard to play such a quick-action game on a phone? I can't even get passed the first screen of Megaman II on my phone.

True, it might be a possibility to port PS2 or Gamecube games into an iPhone some day.

Unfortunately, if it happens, I doubt it'll be anytime soon.

Don't you think it would be a bit hard to play such a quick-action game on a phone? I can't even get passed the first screen of Megaman II on my phone.

Let's keep the hope.

You just need a little determination in order to play it.

someday, we hope to have all our games available on all sorts of systems. but with the small team size, well, we just have to tackle one (or 2!) things at a time. :)

:arrow:

kelly

Thanks for answering Kelly.[coughing]I'm available[/coughing]

The controls would make it to hard to play for AH. This is a fast action shoot em' up that requires split second timing. Touch controls are usally sluggish.

it is unlikely for any behemoth game to come to iphone unfortunately. Because they are so easy to hack for free apps they would never be able to make enough money off it

it is unlikely for any behemoth game to come to iphone unfortunately. Because they are so easy to hack for free apps they would never be able to make enough money off it

Unlike many other developers they are not all about the money because in a thread asking for the release date of CC DanP said that they weren't gonna release it until it was perfect. No other game developers keeps on the game until it's perfect. They just release the game and let it make Monet even with 100 faults. Besides if they us my idea fully you would still have to pay for extra chacters,guns,ect...

there is still something called emulators that is totally free and that you can find anywhere on the internet -thumbs down-

there is still something called emulators that is totally free and that you can find anywhere on the internet -thumbs down-

Yes but I don't think theirs and emulator for ipod touch plus is illegal so let's stop talking about that.

What's wrong with the r4? The homebrew apps are amazing, and I can browse the web with an app.

I don't care how good it is, It's illegal so let's stop talking about things like that. Thanks.

What's wrong with the r4? The homebrew apps are amazing, and I can browse the web with an app.

I don't care how good it is, It's illegal so let's stop talking about things like that. Thanks.

Ignorance is a bliss. Emulators aren't exactly illegal if you have the software.

Due to the requirement of buttons (and not stupid touch-screen commands and a couple buttons), I doubt it will happen. You're just going to have to A) emulate the GBA version, or B) buy the GBA version form eBay or something.

Why lose hope? I'd may happen some day. The behemoth are known for being original and innovative so they'll figure out something and hopefully one day fornit to the iPod/iPhone

The controls would make it to hard to play for AH. This is a fast action shoot em' up that requires split second timing. Touch controls are usally sluggish.

I disagree. My opinion is that it would be fantastically fast if done well. Like Canabalt.

I disagree. My opinion is that it would be fantastically fast if done well. Like Canabalt.

I agree with this.

Guest pichinade

I hope iv'e een waiting for stuff like that for the ipodtouch/iphone for about a year :!::!:

for i pod u can get as many free apps as you want because you can "jailbreak" them so i dont know if its gonna happen for AH but they could make an entirely new game (very small of course :lol: ) just for ipod with tilt controls and the whole kit in kabboldle :lol: (sorry i said that i had to =P) it could be called fatkid jump,or pocket Dan! :lol: