Chibi 27

DLC Ideas Thread

I actually got this idea from Drunken Feedle's avatar.

The Jester:

Projectile magic is rubber juggling balls of red, green, blue, or orange color. They each have a white line in the middle of them.

Splash magic is a boxing glove on a spring that knocks over all enemies in front of it.

Jump magic is a jack-in-the-box puppet pushing him off the ground.

His weapon of course will be his Jester Sceptor which matches his hat.

While it probably doesn't matter what I say in here and maybe this has been mentioned before, but I have an idea.

Max Stats Arena: The idea is simple, just give everyone level 99 stats in this arena mode. I got this idea while doing some one-on-one princess duels with other experienced players and wow, that was way more exciting. Most noticeable is the maximum agility; arrows are viable and last-second dodges are much more common. Basically it feels more like a true fast-paced fighter.

Oh, and a stage-select screen for this would be nice too.

Team CTF- everyone has low health, but all abilities.

There is a long field with bases on either side and a flag in the center. Either team must capture the flag thrice to win. Time limits can be toggled on and off.

Fields- Grassy plains, Icy Tundra (Personal Favorite),Arid Desert and Humid Cave.

Team CTF- everyone has low health, but all abilities.

There is a long field with bases on either side and a flag in the center. Either team must capture the flag thrice to win. Time limits can be toggled on and off.

Fields- Grassy plains, Icy Tundra (Personal Favorite),Arid Desert and Humid Cave.

Someone already came up with the CTF idea. If you use the search bar you can find the thread. The OP put a lot of thought into it.

Guest Flubbedpig

Tortoise:

A Pet Orb that gives you a 75% chance of not receiving knockback, however when you do, you take longer to get up.

Wizard's Staff:

+2 magic

-3 agility

If you character has no element associated with them, then they have a chance of their melee attack dealing damage from a random element.

Robot:

RTX = A blast of 4 missiles fired quickly one after the other. It takes around 2 seconds to complete and you can not move while doing it. The rockets deal damage like the bombs, but not as much. Once they reach their range limit, they explode. This drains about 5/8 of your mana no matter what level you're at.

RTB = It's fist is propelled forward by a rocket and comes back like a boomerang. It is basically the boomerang, but it deals damage.

RTA = A small burst of fire from it's feet. Deal little fire damage to only those closest to it.

Starting Weapon = Wrench

I'm new to the board, so my apologies if any of these are repeats!

Here are a few generic ideas that I think would be MUCH easier for The Behemoth to implement than new modes of play (i.e. maybe they might actually happen?)

1. More weapons. There's way too many open slots at the back of the weapons frog! For starters, put new weapons in all of the regular weapon shops in Insane Mode (like is done with the wooden sword in the home castle shop). Maybe put new weapons in some of the dig spots too (or put different dig spots in Insane Mode). Make some of the weapons require high levels (40+).

2. Add back in the 2x4 sword and the rubber-handled sword - maybe put one in that digging spot that's between the thief shooting arrows and the target at the end party?

3. New Animal Orbs. As with the weapons above, several new ones could be placed in Insane Mode shops to replace the original ones. I have numerous ideas for what these could be. About 6 more would do it.

4. Add 5 more bars to each attribute. Right now, attributes max out at level 78. If there was room for 5 more in each attribute, they'd max out at level 98 instead--which offers plenty of incentive to keep playing a character! (Remember that Arena players are evenly matched so this shouldn't cause a conflict between players with this DLC, and players without.)

5. Along with the above, add a new magic ability at 25 Magic Points. This could either be an aerial splash attack, a new magic/weapon combo, or addition of that character's magic type to arrows/boomerang/bombs/etc.

6. "Play as a Painting mode". Need I say more? :)

maybe i thought i could get ideas for 2011 summer dlc!!!

i think that we can make another knight called the summer knight, which he'll have a sun instead of a cross, a pure yellow colour and his wepean or whatever could be like a stick with a sun on it which you need level 30 to wear it. 3+ everything for stats, decide to go with my idea which would be awesome. and since im going to have my birthday in june 28th i thought you would do this summer dlc for me lol

you should make a cute girl thats a lephracaun lol

One more idea to add to my "generic ideas post" from above.

7. The final boss currently has six forms. How about a seventh "final" form, that is only revealed under two conditions: Insane Mode, and all players in the game are at level 99. Of course it would need to be very difficult. That final form could be fought in mid-air, as the players and Crystal are falling but before the Princess is caught. The reward for beating this form would be a new weapon and/or animal orb, and maybe a new Achievement/Trophy.

What should this final form be? Two ideas: Either (a) an unholy amalgamation of the Necromancer and the Sorcerer, or (B) a Sorcerer who has the magical abilities of all players currently in the game, in addition to his original ones.

Purely out of curiosity, do Tom, Dan, and/or others at The Behemoth ever actually look at this thread? While most of the ideas are...overly imaginative...I can see a few (including mine ;)) that I think have real potential.

I'd love to see some incentives for more PS3 players to buy Castle Crashers. Some free DLC may be just the ticket. If the Leaderboards are any indication, PS3 only has about 250k players as opposed to XBox's 2m+.

Purely out of curiosity, do Tom, Dan, and/or others at The Behemoth ever actually look at this thread? While most of the ideas are...overly imaginative...I can see a few (including mine ;)) that I think have real potential.

I'd love to see some incentives for more PS3 players to buy Castle Crashers. Some free DLC may be just the ticket. If the Leaderboards are any indication, PS3 only has about 250k players as opposed to XBox's 2m+.

Probably from time to time. You have to remember CC has been on Xbox for 4 and a half years already. Its only been on PS3 for about a year. Keep in mind that about 50k of those on Xbox are 256 copy glitch accounts. PS3 already has the Xbox DLC built into it for no extra charge. I don't think they're getting anything else.

they probaly do look at this thread, just never think about puting it in.This is what dan posted about no rtx so probaly they dont put in a dlc for now because of this. "memory restrictions mostly, time restrictions secondly, design third

castle crashers is packed to the brim with textures and in some of our levels we actually cap out at about 100% capacity. to incorporate more textures would require the compression of others taking a visual loss" There you go :P

The Paintinator DLC

Makes 3 levels that involve the Painter Boss.

This takes place after the The Full Moon level. After Full Moon which is played normaly, but instead of Snow Eskimos you fight (near the end) Doodle Knights (I will say more about them later. ) instead at the end where you see Blue Snow, you see a painted landsape.

Level One: Teh Paintinator

Then the first Painter Level Starts, The sky is pure white and the sun is drawn out of crayon and the ground is painted. After you get through the Doodle Knights and Mini Painter creation you fight along the way you see a MID-BOSS, The Concept Art Of The Painter, Teh Paintinator. (the mummy looking one with 3 purple eyes) When you fight him he will draw doodle knights and mini painter creations and if your to close to him he will hit you away with a paint brush. After you defeat him you will see the real Painter runing through the backround saying "lul lul lul lul" After you go forward alittle bit you see a giant rock with a TROLL FACE on it.

Level Two: Teh Interwebs

Every thing looks the same exept there now MemeKnights along with DoodleKnights and the Mini Painter Drawings are Huge Painter Drawings. After a while you get too the real painter which is found with the Orange Princess in his hand. (I will tell you why he has the Orange Princess later) He sees you and quickly puts the Orange Princess in his tool box head and starts to attack you. attacks exactly the same way he does in the last battle. (You also get the unicorn horn the same way) After you defeat him. his right hand gets cut off and he says "It must have been something I ate" and throws up alot of money. After that he then runs to the right to find the wizard, he jumps on the crystal and rides off with the Orange Princess. When you head right you apear in the Snow World.

Changes:

The Rich Industrial gives the Orange Princess to the Painter and not the the wizard. And the painter jumps on a drawn Pegasus and escapes to Teh Paintinator.

Also the Painter II (The one you fight at the end) gets a harder boss battle. He has a few new attacks and has a giant Paint Roller. One move he throws paint on the Screen itself and blocks the players view and another one is wear he smashes his Paint roller multiple times into the ground causing anyone under it to be slamed into the ground and is some one is near the smash they will get hurt.

Apearence:

The Painter II changes to having a Red Cap and Overalls while keeping the navy shirt.

DoodleKnights:

They look kinda like the Round Head Shaped Friend from BBT. But they have a pencil and eraser sheild.

MemeKnights:

MemeKnights are Beaffy versions of DoodleKnights they have Troll Faces.

The Pack Included:

The Painter World, Doodle Knight as a character, and a animal orb of a Doodle Sun which makes it when the player dies he becomes beaffy for 5 seconds before dying, and a Pencil sword which raises magic by 3. but loses 2 agillity.

The Paintinator DLC

Makes 3 levels that involve the Painter Boss.

This takes place after the The Full Moon level. After Full Moon which is played normaly, but instead of Snow Eskimos you fight (near the end) Doodle Knights (I will say more about them later. ) instead at the end where you see Blue Snow, you see a painted landsape.

Level One: Teh Paintinator

Then the first Painter Level Starts, The sky is pure white and the sun is drawn out of crayon and the ground is painted. After you get through the Doodle Knights and Mini Painter creation you fight along the way you see a MID-BOSS, The Concept Art Of The Painter, Teh Paintinator. (the mummy looking one with 3 purple eyes) When you fight him he will draw doodle knights and mini painter creations and if your to close to him he will hit you away with a paint brush. After you defeat him you will see the real Painter runing through the backround saying "lul lul lul lul" After you go forward alittle bit you see a giant rock with a TROLL FACE on it.

Level Two: Teh Interwebs

Every thing looks the same exept there now MemeKnights along with DoodleKnights and the Mini Painter Drawings are Huge Painter Drawings. After a while you get too the real painter which is found with the Orange Princess in his hand. (I will tell you why he has the Orange Princess later) He sees you and quickly puts the Orange Princess in his tool box head and starts to attack you. attacks exactly the same way he does in the last battle. (You also get the unicorn horn the same way) After you defeat him. his right hand gets cut off and he says "It must have been something I ate" and throws up alot of money. After that he then runs to the right to find the wizard, he jumps on the crystal and rides off with the Orange Princess. When you head right you apear in the Snow World.

Changes:

The Rich Industrial gives the Orange Princess to the Painter and not the the wizard. And the painter jumps on a drawn Pegasus and escapes to Teh Paintinator.

Also the Painter II (The one you fight at the end) gets a harder boss battle. He has a few new attacks and has a giant Paint Roller. One move he throws paint on the Screen itself and blocks the players view and another one is wear he smashes his Paint roller multiple times into the ground causing anyone under it to be slamed into the ground and is some one is near the smash they will get hurt.

Apearence:

The Painter II changes to having a Red Cap and Overalls while keeping the navy shirt.

DoodleKnights:

They look kinda like the Round Head Shaped Friend from BBT. But they have a pencil and eraser sheild.

MemeKnights:

MemeKnights are Beaffy versions of DoodleKnights they have Troll Faces.

The Pack Included:

The Painter World, Doodle Knight as a character, and a animal orb of a Doodle Sun which makes it when the player dies he becomes beaffy for 5 seconds before dying, and a Pencil sword which raises magic by 3. but loses 2 agillity.

I like this idea, but the name " the paintinator" is already tooken in little big planet 1. lol :lol:

Hey guys can u make it so you can make a custom knight in castle crashers that would be awesome and its mah sistas B day can you do anything for her on Castle Crashers

:?::ninja:

A couple of Trophy/Achievement suggestions:

• [*:1pvkji7k]Bronze or Silver trophy for acquiring all Weapons, including DLC-only weapons. (Remember, players that don't purchase the DLC can still get them from other players!)
    [*:1pvkji7k]Bronze trophy for unlocking all characters. Maybe should exclude DLC-only characters?
    [*:1pvkji7k]Platinum trophy for getting a Gold Skull and/or Level 99 on every character. Ideally, this trophy would not count towards the 100% completion for the game - it would be in addition to that.

Here is a pretty easy and generic idea i guess lol

Brown(Earth) Knight

Appearance: He would just look like all the rest of the Knights but his shield would be made out of complete rock

Aura: Brown

Starter Weapon: A rock hammer that gave the stats of 2+ Strength 4+ Defense -2 Agility, it also would have a chance to "bury the enemies in the ground" (Kinda like what happened if the Barbian Boss slammed his spikes down on you)

Magic:

Element: Earth or Rock

Splash Magic: It raises the ground slightly to hit enemies

Projectile: Shooting rocks that got bigger the more magic you have

Jump: it looks like the ground pushes him up.

A quick extra: When he goes into beefy form his body skin should looks like The Thing's Body.

Not new to the forum. It's just been a while and I forgot which of my many internet aliases I used.

I'm just curious why The Behemoth doesn't jump up on these ideas for DLC or a Sequel. Obviously this Castle Crashers has a pretty big fan base. I put it in my top 10.

I know they went with one new DLC excluding the Xbox Live packs - but it's not even that big of one. I just want something full out awesome. New mission/level DLC would be sweet, the game is to short, and I can beat it 3 times everyday. (Believe me I beat it multiple times a day when I first got it).

I'm sure they would bring in pretty good profits. More than sure.

By the way.

When is Battleblock Theater coming out? Would like to have some money in my PSN Wallet so I can purchase it!

I think that there should be a pack with new characters as a Small Troll, and a Caveman. This DLC Pack would include extra levels in a Prehistoric type of scheme. There would be a new Animal Orb named "Dinohead" like the Dragonhead animal orb. Dinohead would chomp on the enemies' heads possibly every once in a while. There would probably be 3 different enemies, which would be a Troll, Caveman, and a new type of Skeleton, some kind of Fire Skeleton or something. The Small Troll would have its regular weapon(s), but its Magic would be this:

Splash Attack: A chunky mix of dirt, leaves, black sheddings from the Small Troll, and drips of the Small Troll's saliva, bursting out of the Small Troll's mouth.

Projectile: A ball full of the same ingredients (dirt, leaves, black sheddings from the Small Troll, and drips of the Small Troll's saliva).

Air Projectile: Same as normal projectile.

Magic Jump: A chunky mix of the same ingredients.

The Caveman would have a wooden club, like the one that there already is. The Caveman's Magic would be this:

Splash Attack: An avalanche of rocks/stones falling from the sky.

Projectile: A rock/stone.

Air Projectile: Same as normal projectile.

Magic Jump: A volcano erupting below the Caveman, with small rocks/stones coming out of it.

In the Caveman scheme level(s), there would be Small Trolls and Cavemen, and several buff Cavemen (after eating a sandwich), and at the end of the scheme/levels, there would be a huge Caveman, or, Cavewoman, just like the Barbarian Boss. The name of the boss would be Cavewoman, lol.

In the other scheme level(s) (the one with Fire Skeletons), there would be a new kind of enemy, that you can't play as, that is many Fire Skeletons, or something like that. This would not have a ending enemy/boss though.

I know that this is long, :D , but do you guys have any ideas or comments :?::?::?:

What reason would The Behemoth have to implement anything like that over, say, the Blacksmith? Industrial Prince? Troll (by itself)? Things that already exist in the game and have a rather large fan demand already.

It's just... arbitrary. There's no reason to have caveman-anything in Castle Crashers any more than there is to have an astronaut character, a cowboy character, a robot character or a samurai character. I mentioned the last one because my post was more a joke than anything. Though a fan would be fun to have as one of the many nonsense-weapons, methinks.

What reason would The Behemoth have to implement anything like that over, say, the Blacksmith? Industrial Prince? Troll (by itself)? Things that already exist in the game and have a rather large fan demand already.

It's just... arbitrary. There's no reason to have caveman-anything in Castle Crashers any more than there is to have an astronaut character, a cowboy character, a robot character or a samurai character. I mentioned the last one because my post was more a joke than anything. Though a fan would be fun to have as one of the many nonsense-weapons, methinks.

I agree, which is why I never understood why the Troll was such a popularly demanded character. He was a pretty forgettable enemy im my opinion.