Sign in to follow this  
shesjustaglitch

Bioshock 2

I started the game on my Dad's 360, explored the 'Ryan Amusements' a bit, then started it over on mine. I seem to have lost motivation to play it. Maybe tomorrow night will be good. From what I'm hearing, I should stop typing now and play the game already.

I haven't made up my mind about how I like the game quite yet; it plays so similarly to the old one. The inclusion of the melee button is a bit of something I'll have to get used to. I tried multiplayer, and the revolver animations are still godawful, and the perspective makes it look so small and out of proportion. Otherwise, the single player has so far impressed me. Definitely darker and more violent than the first game.

i hear you dont feel like a big daddy, besides a few big guns. Like that you dont feel all big and powerful.

You are big and powerful. You can probably take down a Big Daddy without dying, kill a Splicer with one drill dash, etc. I have never, ever before been so connected to the main character of a video game.

i hear you dont feel like a big daddy, besides a few big guns. Like that you dont feel all big and powerful.

You are big and powerful. You can probably take down a Big Daddy without dying, kill a Splicer with one drill dash, etc. I have never, ever before been so connected to the main character of a video game.

Except in the begining of the game.

The first bouncer you find, before you get alot of weapons/plasmids, took me awhile to beat.

Then again, I never realy was the best player at Bioshock, so it could be just me.

Except in the begining of the game.

The first bouncer you find, before you get alot of weapons/plasmids, took me awhile to beat.

Then again, I never realy was the best player at Bioshock, so it could be just me.

Mighta just been you i killed that bouncer in record time just depends on your weapon plasmid combinations

I started the game on my Dad's 360, explored the 'Ryan Amusements' a bit, then started it over on mine. I seem to have lost motivation to play it. Maybe tomorrow night will be good. From what I'm hearing, I should stop typing now and play the game already.

I haven't made up my mind about how I like the game quite yet; it plays so similarly to the old one. The inclusion of the melee button is a bit of something I'll have to get used to. I tried multiplayer, and the revolver animations are still godawful, and the perspective makes it look so small and out of proportion. Otherwise, the single player has so far impressed me. Definitely darker and more violent than the first game.

I felt the same way but once I beat Ryan Amusements and Paupers Drop the amount of customization/playing style really opens up.

You unlock more guns, ammo types, plasmids, MUCH more tonics and you have more Adam to spend. I'm playing on Hard and trying not to use vita chambers so this game is TOUGH but now that I'm not limited on my weapons etc. It is much more enjoyable.

I'm not. The gameplay in the first one seemed too generic and unoriginal for me to get into.

Hmm that's funny considering everyone(review sites) loved the first one because it was so original.

I'm not. The gameplay in the first one seemed too generic and unoriginal for me to get into.

Ok i know everyones entitled to their opinion and all that but i start to get mad when every time theres a bioshock forum you post your hate towards the game i mean we get it we know you dont like bioshock please quit saying it over everytime theres a new bioshock forum sorry for the hate but theres a fine line between bashing a game and pure opinion normally i wouldnt have even posted this if it werent for the fact that your saying this based on not liking bioshock 1`if you had played 2 it would be different but you havent atleast based on your post i can only assume that you have not experienced bioshock 2.

Name 1 other game like it. I dare.

I can only think of System Shock 2.

System Shock 2 seemed to have a better developed skill system, and Psionics vs Plasmids. The Psi tree was very large, and expensive, while plasmids are almost pushed on to the player. While gameplay and atmosphere are similar, the technical differences are what sets them apart. Both games are very original, and different from what has been expected from a game set in the first-person role.

If you can tolerate the aging visuals, which I know some can't, try System Shock 2. It's more engrossing for me; it's more future sci-fi than 50's sci-fi tech. It gives you a complete game feeling.

I think SS2 wins and loses if comparing to Bioshock. One one hand, SHODAN is scarier than Fontaine, but the idea of being in space and on a space station feels really unoriginal compared to a underwater city in the 1960. Just my opinion people.

SHODAN really gave you the "alone and scared" feeling. Both games can be just about equal; it depends if you want more RPG elements or not.

Speaking of RPG elements, I haven't seen all that many in Bioshock 2, if any real ones yet. Of course, I might just have to get a bit further.

That would be because you are a alpha prototype big daddy model, which are much less powerful and armored

That would be because you are a alpha prototype big daddy model, which are much less powerful and armored

And thus: less armor, more speed.