Sign in to follow this  
R34P3R

Halo Reach *Gameplay Vidoc*

the VidDoc is now up!

All I can say is: it looks like it's shaping up!

So far, my absolutely favorite thing I saw was near the end of the video, where when you do an assassination, you pull out a knife from nowhere and just stab the guy in the throat! :o

That made me go "That's freakin' awesome!!!"

Now THAT, is freakin sweet. I can't wait for the Beta :D

the VidDoc is now up!

So far, my absolutely favorite thing I saw was near the end of the video, where when you do an assassination, you pull out a knife from nowhere and just stab the guy in the throat! :o

Yeah, it bring a new way to ninja people!

YAY! Halo will finally be graphically even with my favorite Xbox 360 games, the ones who have had their graphics for months/years.

the VidDoc is now up!

Yeah, it bring a new way to ninja people!

Multiplayer Knife kills anyone ;), also ya beat me too it.

Well Elites have been confirmed in Multiplayer, and word about brutes in the game is spreading about. :)

I hate brutes and think they all deserve to die. They are too ugly.

Well Elites have been confirmed in Multiplayer, and word about brutes in the game is spreading about. :)

I think it'd be cool to have Elites and Brutes in halo reach, just sayin ;)

I think it'd be cool to have Elites and Brutes in halo reach, just sayin ;)

Brutes for multiplayer, yes, to have some more customization than just thousands of Spartans and a few Elites. Also Babbity, this is their final Halo game, so I hope it will be the best.

"Big Sausage"

My one complaint is that everything(guns, characters, scenery, stories) gets cooler, but the storyline is going in reverse.

I'm a fan of time moving forward.

The war in Halo ended. If they were to continue it, they'd either have no material, or some lame excuse for the enemies returning. Kinda like GoW2's storyline.

"Big Sausage"

My one complaint is that everything(guns, characters, scenery, stories) gets cooler, but the storyline is going in reverse.

I'm a fan of time moving forward.

The war in Halo ended. If they were to continue it, they'd either have no material, or some lame excuse for the enemies returning. Kinda like GoW2's storyline.

Except that Gears 2's story was better than Halo's.

Not bashing the game, just saying that Halo's story was pretty lame.

I think halo should stop making games now, Seriously ODST was a huge letdown. They better have a new multiplayer system and not share it with Halo 3 :roll:

I think halo should stop making games now, Seriously ODST was a huge letdown. They better have a new multiplayer system and not share it with Halo 3 :roll:

ODST was an extension pack, basically a 6 hour campaign, and they through in firefight for free. But yeah, this is the last halo game, I'm hoping the best too.

Bah, An expansion... That was fun at first, Now it just sucks

Should've made it a DLC tbh :roll:

Then why did you post?

To share his opinion, Mr. Imneverwrong.

If Bunjie can manage to pull whats left of this series out of the mud and tie in someone new to the game, it may have a chance of being good.

They probably won't, of course.

It'll have the same fighting system, maybe 1 or 2 new guns, some new maps thrown in.

Bah, An expansion... That was fun at first, Now it just sucks

Should've made it a DLC tbh :roll:

Then why did you post?

To share his opinion, Mr. Imneverwrong.

If Bunjie can manage to pull whats left of this series out of the mud and tie in someone new to the game, it may have a chance of being good.

They probably won't, of course.

It'll have the same fighting system, maybe 1 or 2 new guns, some new maps thrown in.

Then why did you call me a troll when I said I didn't like Brutal Legend?

Then why did you call me a troll when I said I didn't like Brutal Legend?

Because obviously I wasn't just referring to then. So far, you've been rude to most of the members here, immediately calling them out, insulting, or saying stuff along the lines of "Why would you do that?"

Now stop dragging this thread off-topic.

Doesn't seem like there's much new as far as multiplayer goes, which is in my opinion the only good part of halo. But I'll wait

New customizable armor?

New weapons?

New armor abilities?

New equipment?

New XP system?

New Maps?

Need I say more?

Doesn't seem like there's much new as far as multiplayer goes, which is in my opinion the only good part of halo. But I'll wait

New customizable armor?

New weapons?

New armor abilities?

New equipment?

New XP system?

New Maps?

Need I say more?

Same combat system?

New weapons simply modified versions of old weapons?

Certain armor abilities being overused or abused?

Some new maps just updated versions of old maps?

XP system that will probably be just as bad or worse than Halo 3's?

Need I say more?

New customizable armor?

Changes nothing at all, so that really should not count.

New weapons?

They seemed to not be able to move from the four basic weapons. Pistols, ShotGun, Machine gun and sniper. Sure, they have done some great things with the Covedante weapons, but so far, not much has been revealed.

New armor abilities?

What?

New equipment?

Boy, I am sure the 5 people who actually use equipment besides the sheild (de)genorator will be happy.

New XP system?

Ranks that mean nothing due to unedible cheat?

New Maps?

Eh, judging by most of Halo 3s maps, they won't be good. Or they'll be just a bunch of re-boots.

In slushees defense...

New customizable armor?

New weapons?

New armor abilities?

New equipment?

New XP system?

New Maps?

Need I say more?

Same combat system?

Were you expecting an RPG or something? It's FPS.

New weapons simply modified versions of old weapons?

No... new weapons. AND improved, more balanced versions of old weapons.

Certain armor abilities being overused or abused?

They will be balanced. They add strategy and playing diversity.

Some new maps just updated versions of old maps?

Mostly new maps? Perhaps one or two rehashes of fan favorites?

XP system that will probably be just as bad or worse than Halo 3's?

No, you seem to be stuck with the idea that this is Halo 3...with new graphics? It's a completely new game with a completely new XP system.

Need I say more?

Please try to discuss with facts, not biased ideas.

Excuse me for basing this off the typical trend of FPS games.

The same combat system, yes.

For Halo, it has always been shoot, throw grenade. They added equipment in Halo 3, which was a nice touch, but wasn't the most useful thing except for deploying a shield when you needed it.

They never added much to the basic FPS strategy, so yes, it is the same, boring combat system.

It doesn't have to be an RPG to have a combat system.

The weapons.

In Halo 3, I believe they added 1 weapons. One.

The gravity hammer, which was next to useless if there was an Energy Sword nearby.

I'll wager they'll add 1 or 2 new weapons, and just revamp all of the crappy ones so they're somewhat less crappy.

Armor abilities.

When you said strategies, you just contradicted yourself on the "same gameplay" part.

"Strategy and diversity." In most FPS games, the strategies consist of:

Camp

Go on a killing rampage.

If they give players a good chance to fight those people who are so great at the game that they can get all 25 points within a few minutes, then good. But they probably won't.

New maps.

A lot of the maps in Halo 3 were copies or very similarly laid out to the maps in the other 2 Halo games.

New XP system.

A new XP system doesn't make it a whole new game. I bet multiplayer will be so shockingly similar you'll all feel tingly from the broken ranks and overused weapons from Halo 3.

Believe it or not, I have played every Halo game except ODST, because my brother didn't buy that one. These are technically not biased opinions, since I have played every game that I say I don't like, and have facts to back it up. These games deserved to be heavily criticized, since they are becoming the same thing over, and over, and over, and over again.

Get it through your heads, people.

I know what I am talking about.

Excuse me for basing this off the typical trend of FPS games.

The same combat system, yes.

For Halo, it has always been shoot, throw grenade. They added equipment in Halo 3, which was a nice touch, but wasn't the most useful thing except for deploying a shield when you needed it.

They never added much to the basic FPS strategy, so yes, it is the same, boring combat system.

It doesn't have to be an RPG to have a combat system.

The premise of any FPS is to shoot, or throw grenade, or melee. I guarantee you Halo: Reach will play much differently than Halo 3.

The weapons.

In Halo 3, I believe they added 1 weapons. One.

The gravity hammer, which was next to useless if there was an Energy Sword nearby.

I'll wager they'll add 1 or 2 new weapons, and just revamp all of the crappy ones so they're somewhat less crappy.

You apparently don't know what you're talking about. List of new weapons in Halo 3 - Spartan Laser, Flamethrower, Gravity Hammer, Stick Grenade, Fire Grenade, Removable Turret (chain and plasma), Maulers, and Spikers. Oh and the return of the AR.

Armor abilities.

When you said strategies, you just contradicted yourself on the "same gameplay" part.

"Strategy and diversity." In most FPS games, the strategies consist of:

Camp

Go on a killing rampage.

If they give players a good chance to fight those people who are so great at the game that they can get all 25 points within a few minutes, then good. But they probably won't.

I didn't contradict myself at all. A strategy and/or gameplay diversity isn't the same as a completely different genre.

You're poor list of "strategies" is completely inaccurate. Armor abilities allow players to taylor their armor to their playing style. Players that rush vs. Players that Flank. Players that drive vehicles vs. Players who snipe. Etc.

New maps.

A lot of the maps in Halo 3 were copies or very similarly laid out to the maps in the other 2 Halo games.

This is completely wrong. The only original maps that shipped with Halo 3 was Last Resort...which was still different. Guardian and Valhalla were spiritual predecessors.

New XP system.

A new XP system doesn't make it a whole new game. I bet multiplayer will be so shockingly similar you'll all feel tingly from the broken ranks and overused weapons from Halo 3.

Never said it did. However, combine this feature with all of the other features I mentioned and it does in fact make for a new game.

Believe it or not, I have played every Halo game except ODST, because my brother didn't buy that one. These are technically not biased opinions, since I have played every game that I say I don't like, and have facts to back it up. These games deserved to be heavily criticized, since they are becoming the same thing over, and over, and over, and over again.

Every Halo title is distinctly different from one another. Each release has brought a worthwhile new addition to the franchise. There is a difference between criticism, and uneducated ranting.

Get it through your heads, people.

I know what I am talking about.

Feel free to continue to discuss, but please use valid points.