Sign in to follow this  
Babbity_Rabbity

Fable 3

It's ironic how if you be good, everyone dies, and if you're evil, almost everyone lives. Also, the last boss is lame. And there's only two kinds of weapons. And no trolls. :(

It's ironic how if you be good, everyone dies, and if you're evil, almost everyone lives. Also, the last boss is lame. And there's only two kinds of weapons. And no trolls. :(

Indeed, the final boss is quite lame. I never died once, but there were WAY harder things then the final boss which was

The Possesed version of that guy that goes blind from the same thing that posessed him. /vaguest spoiler ever

It's ironic how if you be good, everyone dies, and if you're evil, almost everyone lives.

Its supposed to be more of a "I have to do horrible things to accomplish what is right" sort of deal.

Didn't you listen to Logan?

lol what i had the perfect ending and i only broke 1 promise no one died i had 8m in the treasury.

I had the "Perfect Ending", but the "Perfect Ending" Isn't completely "Perfect". If you don't sacrifice anything, then It isn't the "Perfect Ending", although getting the "Perfect Ending" Isn't really perfect. Quite the conundrum.

Hey could someone answer my question?

If you go good and almost everyone dies almost all the shops are owned by no one so how can I buy something from the shops that no one owns?

Hey could someone answer my question?

If you go good and almost everyone dies almost all the shops are owned by no one so how can I buy something from the shops that no one owns?

Same thing as if you kill all the vendors: Find any towns that might still have living people, or go to a friend's game and buy/get one gifted to you.

Just beat it.

I expected there to be one more day then there was, and I wasn't able to amass enough gold to restock the treasury all the way.

lol, when I played with you you had like -165,000G :lol:

Just beat it.

I expected there to be one more day then there was, and I wasn't able to amass enough gold to restock the treasury all the way.

lol, when I played with you you had like -165,000G :lol:

I had 1,000,000 in the treasury when I beat it.

I borrowed my roomates copy. I have to say it's a lot better than that crap they tried pulling off as a sequal in Fable II. So far the inability to skip or just run through the tutorial is really annoying in addition to the fact that you can't just skip through certain dialogues or cutscenes. I've played through a few hours and I can't say this game has enthrawled me. I'll play a few more to see if it starts gaining my interest but otherwise I can't see it being as good as the first one.

The fact that Lionhead keeps shoving the idea of being a "Hero" and "Heroism" as if it's something you just wake up and start doing one day is really annoying.

I borrowed my roomates copy. I have to say it's a lot better than that crap they tried pulling off as a sequal in Fable II. So far the inability to skip or just run through the tutorial is really annoying in addition to the fact that you can't just skip through certain dialogues or cutscenes. I've played through a few hours and I can't say this game has enthrawled me. I'll play a few more to see if it starts gaining my interest but otherwise I can't see it being as good as the first one.

The fact that Lionhead keeps shoving the idea of being a "Hero" and "Heroism" as if it's something you just wake up and start doing one day is really annoying.

One of the major things about Fable 3 is that they really didn't seem to focus on the Hero in the story enough.

As weird as that sounds, they make it seem like you're just kinda there, there's hardly any interaction with you besides "Which one of these do you want to do?"

Question: Did you spare or execute Logan? I spared! What did you guys do?

Hey pal-io, we haven't all beaten the game here. You're lucky I'm horrible with names and don't even remember who this Logan person is, because otherwise I might have been slightly irritated by that post.

Question: Did you spare or execute Logan? I spared! What did you guys do?

Hey pal-io, we haven't all beaten the game here. You're lucky I'm horrible with names and don't even remember who this Logan person is, because otherwise I might have been slightly irritated by that post.

Sorry, I Guess I wasn't thinking of that :P I'll edit my post...

This game was a huge letdown, they pretty much downgraded the character customization from fable2 (what little there was) and the story was bawlz.

ending spoiler below

I had to go through the game twice just to save everyone (inwhich i saved everyone while turning down everything reaver asked for) since the first time i went good and everyone was dead, great. A game shouldnt punish you that much for trying to be good, it takes out a whole game mecanic just for trying to keep some promises.

This game was a huge letdown, they pretty much downgraded the character customization from fable2 (what little there was) and the story was bawlz.

ending spoiler below

I had to go through the game twice just to save everyone (in which i saved everyone while turning down everything Reaver asked for) since the first time i went good and everyone was dead, great. A game shouldn't punish you that much for trying to be good, it takes out a whole game mechanic just for trying to keep some promises.

That was the point of the ending, it was designed as a way to tell people that without lots of time and hard work, you cannot keep all the promises you make, that sometimes you might have to make bad decisions for the greater good. Call it a hash of an educational method, but it still should get the point across.

I also messed up the ending and have to go through a second time, my reason though being that I didn't expect it to jump from day 192 to DAY 1. THAT huge a gap was grade A capital BS. It should have had it go to day 2 first with some King duties including stuff like "Visit the barracks in the castle to ensure your men are ready" or some garbage like that.

Also, the character customization in this one was about the same, save for spells being done a bit different (although leveling up magic so you can get to higher level spells faster was done better than Fable II), although the clothes selection was a tad bit better (my main guy looked like the Burger King, apparently), and the Weapons I liked more in Fable III, since the augmentation idea was rather crummy with the poor selection of augments you could collect, seeing after silver, fire, and shock augments, everything else tended to boast a good and a bad effect that half of them canceled each-other out, filling the weapon with useless gems.

Should I get this game? Looking at this page, it seems people didn't like it all that much...

I think you should rent it first, as it's a hit or miss for people. I personally love Fable III and still play it from time to time just to finish off that last 10 achievements, and still enjoy the storyline and gameplay. The maps are what they SHOULD have been, as well as the multiplayer, for Fable II, magic works great in it, and JOHN CLEESE is your butler, Jasper.

JOHN.

CLEESE.

Only gripe I have with it is the 2 achievements for marrying another player over LIVE, and having a kid with them. So many jokes and remarks come from it when you have a bunch of friends who are extremely homophobic, considering it's just a game, who cares.